English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Coders. Tutorials (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Complete Assembler Coding Course In Two Disks (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=83836)

AMIGASYSTEM 20 August 2016 15:02

Complete Assembler Coding Course In Two Disks

If it's interesting to someone HERE find a Complete Assembler Coding Course In Two Disks Italian/English.

ascp 21 August 2016 19:30

How cool, an updated assembler book 2016 - seems good, but is it only italian? If so, any chance of seeing an English version?

alexsperi 21 August 2016 22:24

Thank you AMIGASYSTEM for linking the course here on EAB! :)
I'm one of the three authors of this new version. The book is based on the original Assembler Course from the nineties, so it's only in italian. We are considering also an english translation with the same format, but it will require some time. The printable version is about 400 pages long and the full version is about 1.5k pages (including source code examples)... quite a long translation task. :-)

If you want to "taste" some of the contents, you can download the printable pdf and try to use something like google translate, but l must warn you that usually gtranslate doesn't do a good job in translating from italian to english.

You can also try to download the adf images with the book examples, they are also quite informative and the accompanying text is easily translatable. ;)

Cheers!

AlfaRomeo 22 August 2016 00:45

@AMIGASYSTEM
Thanks for spread the link :)

@alexsperi
Great job with the edition of this course-based book.
As the Portuguese has some similarities with Spanish and with the Italian I have tried to read the book and found that I can understand what is written in it with some effort ;)

alexsperi 22 August 2016 07:06

Thank you for your kind words!
If you need clarifications about translating some weird sentences, feel free to ask it here. I'll do my best to help you. :)

Selur 23 August 2016 14:14

I hope someone will translate it to english :great

Jackoland 23 August 2016 21:05

I wish too, looks great!

kasio 24 August 2016 09:29

+1 for translation to english.

Google translated the preface, which actually was a really good read.

Quote:

..this absolute control and total knowledge is felt supernatural.

veper 24 August 2016 19:15

+1 for english, willing to donate towards the goal :-)

Nightfox 26 August 2016 17:17

Please yes. I would buy an English copy for sure!

majikeyric 26 August 2016 21:55

Me too! :spin

tolkien 27 August 2016 14:05

And me!

LieutLaww 27 August 2016 17:36

+300 for an English version as well, would be willing to donate to help.

idrougge 27 August 2016 18:00

One would think that there aren't any English language assembly language guides at all judging by this thread.

Nightfox 28 August 2016 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrougge (Post 1108194)
One would think that there aren't any English language assembly language guides at all judging by this thread.

Well have you even looked at the Italian book? It's massive and has so much sample code and examples and screenshots. This could possibly be the best Amiga assembly programming book in existence. It's no wonder we all want a translation

jayp 02 September 2016 00:41

+1

alexsperi 02 September 2016 17:07

Back to work after a little break. In the next days I'll talk to the other authors in order to check if we can manage to make a good translation work. :)
Hope to write some news in few days. Meanwhile spread the word and write here if you are interested. ;)

TheDarkCoder 15 September 2016 16:17

Wow, it's really nice to see this course published! :)

I wrote some parts of it, both text and code :D
It would be nice to see my nick acknowledged also in the 2016 foreword, even if I don't code anymore I still consider myself part of the scene

:bowdown

majikeyric 15 September 2016 16:35

Go go go !!!!! :bowdown

alexsperi 15 September 2016 18:48

@thedarkcoder
It's a pleasure to see you are still tied to the Amiga scene :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkCoder (Post 1111384)
It would be nice to see my nick acknowledged also in the 2016 foreword, even if I don't code anymore I still consider myself part of the scene

Lesson 1, first page, and in some other places scattered through the book + also in the attached sources. ;) :)