English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.EAB File Server (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   EAB File Server (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633)

DamienD 30 December 2018 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soopytwist (Post 1294025)
What software is that? I'm using FileZilla, I don't appear to have those options.

That is FileZilla ;)

Under "File" --> "Site Manager" i.e. where you set up a connection to the EAB File Server, it's the 3rd tab; "Transfer Settings".

Soopytwist 30 December 2018 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1294029)
That is FileZilla ;)

Under "File" --> "Site Manager" i.e. where you set up a connection to the EAB File Server, it's the 3rd tab; "Transfer Settings".

Oh, I was using Quickconnect and after that I can't click on any tabs in Site Manager. So, I've tried connecting from Site Manager instead and now I get this:

Response: 331 Password required for ftp.
Command: PASS ***
Response: 530 Sorry, your account is restricted to 20 simultaneous logins.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

EDIT

Oh, never mind, it's working now. Don't know what I did but it's working!

Is there any way to see the total size in bytes of a folder before transfer?

Turran 01 January 2019 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soopytwist (Post 1294032)
Oh, I was using Quickconnect and after that I can't click on any tabs in Site Manager. So, I've tried connecting from Site Manager instead and now I get this:

Response: 331 Password required for ftp.
Command: PASS ***
Response: 530 Sorry, your account is restricted to 20 simultaneous logins.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

EDIT

Oh, never mind, it's working now. Don't know what I did but it's working!

Is there any way to see the total size in bytes of a folder before transfer?

If you registered an account like you said, you should log in with that, not the ”ftp” user. That is why you got hit with the 20 users max login and you are severly slowed down during transfers.

There is no way to see the total bytes of a folder from the FTP server but perhaps filezilla have a function for it. Not sure as I do not use filezilla myself.

zipper 01 January 2019 12:27

Seems that not at least if there are subfolders.

Soopytwist 01 January 2019 13:19

Is there anyway to get faster download speeds on the FTP? The 50Kbs is killing me. I have full access to the FTP in FileZilla. I promised someone I'd put the Retroplay WHDLoad files on my Google Drive since they can't access the EAB FTP but it's taking too long.

Soopytwist 01 January 2019 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turran (Post 1294377)
If you registered an account like you said, you should log in with that, not the ”ftp” user. That is why you got hit with the 20 users max login and you are severly slowed down during transfers.

There is no way to see the total bytes of a folder from the FTP server but perhaps filezilla have a function for it. Not sure as I do not use filezilla myself.

Oopsie! I just read your post. I registered for an FTP server but didn't get a different log-in, I only have the ftp user name one. Or do I enter my forum user name soopytwist and password instead? Same port and host name ftp@grandis.nu though?

EDIT

Never mind. Sorted it. Had to log-in with my forum user name and the password I created when I registered for server access!

DamienD 01 January 2019 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soopytwist (Post 1294399)
I promised someone I'd put the Retroplay WHDLoad files on my Google Drive since they can't access the EAB FTP but it's taking too long.

...then just send them the URL to the EAB File Server Google Drive :agree

Falcon57 11 January 2019 01:37

Hello,
I have uploded some files in ~Upload zone under my name Falcon57

Applications - Public Domain
AM 6016 - No Virus (1994)(Floppy International)[FFS]
AM 6021 - GRFIX v2.1 (199x)(Detres, Franck)(fr)(SW)[h Floppy International][AMOS]
AM 6035 - Compta v2.0 (1992)(Aladin, Karim)(fr)(SW)[h Floppy International][AMOS]

Games - Public Domain
AM 1024 - Tank Attack v1.0a (1992)(Kent, Paul)(FW)[h Floppy International]

n9yty 11 January 2019 04:47

First and foremost, a huge thank you for providing this archive, and the GoogleDrive mirror. It is a resource that is of an indescribable benefit to the Amiga community.

However, that is my problem... How to get a handle on all that is here... It seems there are so many duplicated, or maybe not (?), copies of TOSEC files... Aren't the later versions inclusive of the earlier ones, so is ther ea reason to have them all?

I admit my ignorance to how that all works, so I thought I'd ask and this seemed the best thread available.

Also, things that are put in TheZone or ~Uploads, are they ever moved into the "main" file area, or do they stay there? Are they deleted, or do they grow forever?

And finally, just how massive is the collection in total? :)

DamienD 11 January 2019 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by n9yty (Post 1296659)
However, that is my problem... How to get a handle on all that is here... It seems there are so many duplicated, or maybe not (?), copies of TOSEC files... Aren't the later versions inclusive of the earlier ones, so is ther ea reason to have them all?

Firstly the TOSEC stuff... TOSEC [2016-01-03] contains the full set of disk based files (minus "Firmware, Kickstart-Disks, Operating Systems - AMIX, Operating Systems - Workbench" in accordance with EAB rules).

The folder TOSEC Updates contains files released afterwards to help people keep up to date.

In the past, I provided this complete set to Turran via USB so he could copy over to the FTP and everyone would benefit: ***PROPOSAL*** TOSEC (2016-01-03) - Individual Files

If someone wants to provide Turran with the latest complete set, then we can get rid of the "TOSEC [2016-01-03]" + "TOSEC Updates" folders and cleanup :agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by n9yty (Post 1296659)
Also, things that are put in TheZone or ~Uploads, are they ever moved into the "main" file area, or do they stay there? Are they deleted, or do they grow forever?

This has been asked numerous times in the past. The problem is that it's a massive task i.e. looking at "TheZone" + all members' "~Upload" folders, finding / removing duplicates, trying to work out where best to move the files to, and then finally actually undertaking this move.

As well as moderating EAB; which trust me is a full time job, I just don't have the time...

Someone else is welcome to step up though ;)

Falcon57 14 January 2019 02:52

Hello,
I have uploded some files in ~Upload zone under my name Falcon57

Games - Public Domain
AM 2015 - Kastel Kumqat (1992)(Nerve Axis)(SW)[h Floppy International]
AM 3008 - Artillerus 2 v2.01u (1993)(Boeh, Michael)(SW)[h Floppy International]

Note for "Kastel Kumqat" :
If you click with "mouse" when the game is loaded.
The game seems not working (Return on CLI).

But if you ONLY click with joystick.
The game works fine.

I don't know it's a bug or not ???
It's same on my Amiga with original disk.

Retroplay 14 January 2019 15:59

I get a connect call failed, is the FTP down ?

DamienD 14 January 2019 17:22

Yeah looks like it :sad

NLS 14 January 2019 17:36

FTP indeed seems down AND this forum theme seems messed up (like I am forced to mobile theme).

DamienD 14 January 2019 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLS (Post 1297579)
AND this forum theme seems messed up (like I am forced to mobile theme).

Nothing wrong with the forum.

I've seen this occur from time to time; look at the URL as it probably has something extra on "eab.abime.net".

Retroplay 14 January 2019 17:44

Hmm, I don't see any issues with the forum theme here in either Pale Moon or Iron.

Well, we'll just have to wait until Turran checks back in.

NLS 14 January 2019 17:46

I am in EAB3 skin - haven't touched it.
Nothing after the URL.
Will try changing skin.
(worked)

DamienD 14 January 2019 17:50

Yes, go to User CP and then Edit Options, change the following:

http://i68.tinypic.com/4g2ky1.jpg

to "EAB3 skin".
or
When in the "Mobile skin", select "EAB3 skin" at the top right.

NLS 14 January 2019 17:53

Yes found that thanks.
The real problem is the FTP.

HOL2001 15 January 2019 09:29

Still not back. Seems to be a bigger problem... :(