English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.CD32 Conversion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Unofficial CDTV Conversion Thread (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=97961)

Amigajay 02 July 2019 15:59

Unofficial CDTV Conversion Thread

Retro1234 02 July 2019 16:17

I once tried to do a compilation but can't remember what happened but I had all kinds of problems with games that would run on same setup with HD but wouldn't run from CD

Iirc but maybe not
Think I tried LionHeart and a whole load of the Old One File HD install.

toples50 02 July 2019 20:54

Good job!CDTV rocks as a multimedia machine!

NeoHippie2016 03 July 2019 08:27

:cool Cool! I will try it out on my CDTV after holidays! Thank you, AmigaJay! :great

Clydos 03 July 2019 10:14

Although I have no CDTV, it is a beatiful machine and it is great that AmigaJay is supporting it now, too. I will forward this thread to a friend who owns a CDTV.
Thanks, AmigaJay!

Amigajay 03 July 2019 12:43

Cheers guys, the next lot of games coming up later

Edit: first post updated with today's games.

AmigaEd 04 July 2019 14:17

Thank you for this effort AmigaJay! I do have a CDTV although its not currently set up. I could drag it out of storage to do some testing. I'm not much of a gamer so unlikely that I would be able to test anything from start to finish but could at least verify launch.

Amigajay 04 July 2019 14:39

@AmigaEd thanks i appreciate it, any testing and feedback even if just launching and getting into the game will help.

Update: Next 3 games are available.

BrooksterMax 04 July 2019 15:31

Wow this is awesome. I was wondering what to do with my CDTV other than my copy if Lemmings CDTV and attaching a floppy drive :). Some great titles there - D/Generation!, would love to give them a whirl.

ransom1122 05 July 2019 04:43

@Amigajay - I have test all your releases with Winuae and all seem to work and play perfect. Great work you are doing for the CDTV community :)

jotd 05 July 2019 07:32

Good idea. Basically CDTV could be seen as a 1MB A500 with a hard drive capability (not as fast as HD but faster than floppies & no disk swapping)

Test Drive II can probably added too, all ECS 1MB OS-compliant games could qualify provided they have a proper crack (but CD driver could eat some precious memory and prevent some 1MB games to run).

Just make sure that savegames can be redirected to DF0: (not sure about D/Gen)

Amigajay 05 July 2019 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 1330772)
@Amigajay - I have test all your releases with Winuae and all seem to work and play perfect. Great work you are doing for the CDTV community :)

Thanks! Yes i test all the discs on Winuae before uploading, so lets hope the memory usage is close to a real CDTV as some of these discs get very close!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1330786)

Test Drive II can probably added too, all ECS 1MB OS-compliant games could qualify provided they have a proper crack (but CD driver could eat some precious memory and prevent some 1MB games to run).

Just make sure that savegames can be redirected to DF0: (not sure about D/Gen)

Yeah the assigns are the thing taking alot of time to figure out on some games, games like Titus The Fox stop on the title screen even with more ram so i must be missing either some libs or more assigns.

Amigajay 05 July 2019 15:53

Friday's games update available

Nobby_UK 05 July 2019 21:50

Can't switch the Vikings without Keyboard
and how do I drop the bombs ?

Amigajay 05 July 2019 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobby_UK (Post 1330889)
Can't switch the Vikings without Keyboard
and how do I drop the bombs ?

Oh yeah sorry forgot to add Lost Vikings needs keyboard for the other controls.

jotd 05 July 2019 22:54

Amigajay some games need hex edit to get rid of references to DF0: in the executable.

When I did some DOS fixes, I replaced it by another assign (ex: JF0: :)) and performed this assign before starting: worked.

Amigajay 06 July 2019 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1330899)
Amigajay some games need hex edit to get rid of references to DF0: in the executable.

When I did some DOS fixes, I replaced it by another assign (ex: JF0: :)) and performed this assign before starting: worked.

Tried this with Titus The Fox no luck, still stuck on the title screen.

Saturday's update has been added.

jotd 07 July 2019 00:04

problem is sometimes the protection is not properly bypassed and there's some DSKRDY code remaining.

Maybe I can help with those.

earok 07 July 2019 06:02

@AmigaJay I've chucked two of my own CDTV projects (dating from when I had a similar project in the works) into the zone.

- Flight of the Amazon Queen, including 49 well described save files so that a game can be resumed from almost anywhere.

- Test Drive 2 with all expansions, including MombasaJoe's unofficial "North Germany" scenery pack.

Feel free to use them if you wish, though you may want to make new ISOs from them - they do show the AmigaDOS 1.3 screen.

Amigajay 07 July 2019 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1331053)
problem is sometimes the protection is not properly bypassed and there's some DSKRDY code remaining.

Maybe I can help with those.

Appreciate any help with any game, another problem is with PGA Tour Golf, when goes to load the game after the clubhouse screen a requester pops up saying disk is write protected, obviously running from CD its write protected, is there anyway to get around this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by earok (Post 1331075)
@AmigaJay I've chucked two of my own CDTV projects (dating from when I had a similar project in the works) into the zone.

- Flight of the Amazon Queen, including 49 well described save files so that a game can be resumed from almost anywhere.

- Test Drive 2 with all expansions, including MombasaJoe's unofficial "North Germany" scenery pack.

Feel free to use them if you wish, though you may want to make new ISOs from them - they do show the AmigaDOS 1.3 screen.

Cheers Earok! I will remake the Iso's as its a bugbear of mine those WB screens on console games! Credit you of course next to game title.

Sunday's update is early today as i have grandson to look after and he's more into Minecraft than Hexcraft!