English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.TOSEC (amiga only) (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Crack Intro and Trainer Re-naming according to TOSEC DAT file (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=55952)

DH 23 October 2010 14:42

Crack Intro and Trainer Re-naming according to TOSEC DAT file

Calling on [idoru] or Bippym

I am currently renaming all my Crack Intro and Trainers correctly according to the 'Commodore Amiga - Demos - Various - [EXE] (TOSEC-v2008-10-13_CM)' Dat file.

I have run the clmamepro with the DAT file which didn't find or re-name many files, so I have had to do this manually, which is extremely time consuming.

Now, Crack Intros are pretty simple, but Trainers are another thing, I was renaming them according to what I believed to be the correct method, example below:-

Trainer DemonHellraiser (2010-01-01)(DH)[cr Mai][f TCD][t +4][AGA - Nofastmem].exe (where info is available and testing can be carried out)

But I have been informed that this is wrong and should be :-

Trainer DemonHellraiser +4 (2010-01-01)(DH)[Cracked by Mai - Fixed by TCD - AGA - Nofastmem].exe

or

DemonHellraiser Trainer +4 (2010-01-01)(DH)[Cracked by Mai - Fixed by TCD - AGA - Nofastmem].exe

I am all for using TOSEC correctly, but I can't understand why we don't use the appropriate flags as this actually shortens the filename. Maybe some info isn't required and could be left out, although I would like to leave info regarding what rom and chipset is required etc, as this helps anyone trying to run the things correctly.

Maybe someone could point me in the right direction as I don't really want to waste all of my time re-naming all of these files wrongly and end up having to start from scratch again.

Any help will be appreciated guys :)

TCD 23 October 2010 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser (Post 710202)
But I have been informed that this is wrong and should be :...

There was a thread here about this, but I can't find it right now. Found it : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=40224

Edit : It's indeed a bit strange to stuff it all into the 'moreinfo' tag. instead of just using the normal tags for it. Would also like to hear the reason why :)

BippyM 23 October 2010 18:22

Have you got an example of a real trainer file I can see. I don't have time to look right now

DH 23 October 2010 20:07

Yes, there's these:-

Helter Skelter +3 Trainer (19xx)(Dual Crew).exe
Trainer Cedric (19xx)(Prodigy).exe
Trainer Desert Wolf (1996-05-24)(Hellfire).exe
Trainer DFX Puzzle (19xx)(Hellfire).exe
Trainer FutureShock (19xx)(Defjam).exe
Trainer Giana Sisters (19xx)(Lightforce).exe
Trainer Humans III (19xx)(Hellfire).exe
Trainer Intro (19xx)(Vision Factory).exe
Trainer Jimmy (19xx)(Lightforce).exe

+ 9 others that are similarly named except for the top one.

All the cracktros start with 'Crack Intro' and all the Trainers start with 'Trainer' except one, which is at the top of my list. I'm not sure whether to include any other info like 'fixed by' or 'cracked by' but info like 'AGA' or 'A4000 68030 - AGA' I believe to be important so people can run these cracktros and trainers without having to do the figuring out themselves.

Thing is, for me, if the info is available on the trainer, why can't we add it into the appropriate flag? I understand the +4 being part of the name even though we could remove any confusion by adding it into the [t] flag, but we do need to understand the name order before the date flag.

Should it be:-

Trainer Game Name +4

or

Game Name Trainer +4

Although I don't really see any reason why we can't follow the correct TOSEC Naming and make it

Trainer Game Name (1990-01-01)(Group)[cr][f][t][MoreInfo].exe or Game Name Trainer (1990-01-01)(Group)[cr][f][t][MoreInfo]

Until I know exactly how the format should be, I'm pretty well wasting my time re-naming all my Trainers.

mai 23 October 2010 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser (Post 710266)

Although I don't really see any reason why we can't follow the correct TOSEC Naming and make it

Trainer Game Name (1990-01-01)(Group)[cr][f][t][MoreInfo].exe or Game Name Trainer (1990-01-01)(Group)[cr][f][t][MoreInfo]

Forget the idea with the [cr], [f], [t] for cracktros and trainers, its illogical.:sad

DH 24 October 2010 13:20

OK mai

I'll stop asking to use the [cr], [f] and [t] flags, I'll just use the [moreinfo] flag, but is it really worth adding such info as who's crack the trainer uses, and/or who's fix has been used?

Maybe I'll just stick to adding *only* the important stuff as in [AGA], [A4000 68030].

Last thing, who has decided whether it's 'Game Name' first or 'Trainer' first? as this one seems to be anyone's guess atm.

Galahad/FLT 24 October 2010 15:17

What you also have to consider is some groups cracked and trained the game and there is only one intro on the game which also doubles up as a trainer menu as well.

DH 24 October 2010 15:35

Hmm. Doesn't appear to be an option for a Crack Trainer, or whatever you would call it. Just seems to be Crack Intro or Trainer within the Dats.

mai 24 October 2010 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser (Post 710387)

Maybe I'll just stick to adding *only* the important stuff as in [AGA], [A4000 68030].

Just a tip, be careful with the "AGA" info, "AGA" appears in TOSEC dat as (system) flag.
That means, that you have to use the "AGA" info only, if the cracktro, intro, trainer itself runs on AGA systems only.

DH 24 October 2010 16:38

Maybe I'll change it to [config AGA] to be on the safe side :)

DH 25 October 2010 19:17

Sorry for the double post

@Galahad
Just noticed something, if a game was a crack intro and had a trainer too, then the file would look like:-

Crack Intro Grand National +1 (1990-03)(FLT).exe

I knew it would be covered, although not so obvious ;)