English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.EAB (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thank you... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85361)

Galahad/FLT 31 December 2016 19:22

Thank you...

This thread is dedicated to RCK. I've only been here since 2001 ( :shocked ), others have been here longer.

I've no idea whats caused people new and old to congregate here in the first place, I found it by accident because I was namechecked by someone and who then invited me to check the place out, and i've been here ever since.

For the most part EAB has been a great place to be, and I can't quite believe that from tomorrow, i've been here nearly 16 years!!

So I just want to say thanks RCK for having the imagination to create a place like EAB, and all this time later, still here.

:great

DamienD 31 December 2016 19:48

Well said Sir Galahad ;)

Yup, here's to RCK :bowdown

...and of course to everyone who makes this community so great and an informative / fun place to hang out.

Trying to remember how I first found EAB... think I had just discovered WinUAE, had an issue so after a Google search ended up here ;)

PS. thread moved to the project.EAB section.

-Acid- 31 December 2016 21:44

I think i've only been here about 4 years and can't remember how I got here (think I was on Amibay a couple of years before that), but I do know this place played a big part in reigniting my interest in the Amiga :)

Ian 31 December 2016 21:55

Came for the Amiga, stayed because of the people.

Although not that active anymore and don't know many of the new guys (from the last ten years lol) it's still a good place for us like minded folk to hang out.

Couldn't think of a better host either, RCK is just a normal guy with none of the ego that plagued and killed other boards years ago.

Forums started in Feb 2001, been here since May of that year, and was probably lurking a bit before that to check out the place. Could of found a nicer place.

Often wonder how some of the old guard are though, like Amigaboy, Twistin' Ghost and Fred (who pops up occasionally then retires almost instantly to his portion of the web lol)

prowler 31 December 2016 22:02

I first arrived here looking for the mysterious Zone! that I had seen mentioned in the forums while browsing unregistered.

I think I can truly say that EAB has more than lived up to my expectations since I became a registered user. ;)

Thanks, RCK, for creating and maintaining this wonderful arena. :great :bowdown :D

DamienD 31 December 2016 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 1131356)
Often wonder how some of the old guard are though, like Amigaboy, Twistin' Ghost and Fred (who pops up occasionally then retires almost instantly to his portion of the web lol)

...where's woody, galaxy, dizzy and KG?!? :crying

Allen1 01 January 2017 00:44

I have learned a bit about EAB in this thread and I didn't realise this it was RCK who created the site and maintains it. This is one of the best sites I frequent (usually not logged on though), I visit almost every day and I love the relaxed feel and treatment even when you make a real pratt of yourself like I did in the past ;)

Definitely one of nicest places to find information and read comments with different outlooks from different people :great

All the very best for 2017 :)

Raislin77it 01 January 2017 02:53

i'm here from 2005, best amiga forum worldwide :)

turrican3 01 January 2017 06:12

i'm here from 10 years, eab is really cool.
happy new year eab !!!!

amigasith 01 January 2017 12:20

I'm here for 4 years only - but this doesn't mean I love this place less :)

I'd like to add my *THANKS*, too, to RCK and all the mods who keep this forum such a nice corner of the Internet :great Thank you very much for that.

Ah yes, and of course Happy New Year to all fellow members!

dirkies 01 January 2017 13:49

I registered here when I got my first internet connection at home, because I never needed one before, as I used internet at work with my work laptops, and was living in a rental apartment, no internet, no PC.
When work closed down, I suddenly had more time to spend on Amiga after a few years of doing nothing with it, bought a PC in June 2002, and installed ADSL at my rental place in July. And then I came across this website, also by googling around, and the rest is history.

BippyM 01 January 2017 15:46

I'd like to thank RCK for creating the EAB, but I would like to thank all the members who have come, gone and those dinosaurs that have just stayed. Without the people the forum wouldn't be as popular as it is.

I am not as active as I once was (Real life is a bitch) but I still pop on daily and have a look about, and I still moderate too hahaha

I feel like I have made some friends here who I would love to meet up with sometime in the future.

Here's to the next 16 years!

alkis21 01 January 2017 15:54

I joined EAB 14.5 years ago, in order to give everyone a heads up about the Kick Off Association. This was my first thread and although nobody replied :laughing , I stuck around and never regretted it. I have received valuable assistance regarding all of my Amiga related activities here, and for that I will always be grateful to RCK and anyone else who contributes to this magical shrine of worship.

DrBong 01 January 2017 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1131311)
This thread is dedicated to RCK. I've only been here since 2001 ( :shocked ), others have been here longer.

For the most part EAB has been a great place to be, and I can't quite believe that from tomorrow, i've been here nearly 16 years!!

So I just want to say thanks RCK for having the imagination to create a place like EAB, and all this time later, still here.

:great

Great call mate.....hear, hear! :agree

I arrived here a couple of months after you in 2001 after being invited here by Codetapper (IIRC he said there would be free sex 'n' beer with every registration - there wasn't!) ;) The real surprise was that it ended up being almost as good as all that and the magic of EAB hasn't really faded all these years later.

No doubt, being recruited into the HOL team within a year of arriving here (as well as AMR down the track) - and giving me an outlet for my Ami passion - has had a good deal to do with that, even when I haven't been terribly active here on EAB. Obviously, none of that would have transpired without RCK's generous hosting of EAB, HOL, AMR and all the other abime projects! :great

Long live RCK and EAB (and HOL + AMR etc. etc.)........:spin:spin:spin

Predseda 01 January 2017 19:39

I thank to RCK that created EAB and all of you on EAB, who helped (through the game competitions) keep Lemonamiga alive during its bad times.

Amigans help Amigans :great

Amigajay 01 January 2017 19:43

Yes many thanks to those who run the various Amiga sites and forums, it's these people that keep the community together and active. :great:)

Avanze 01 January 2017 20:34

I've always liked this forum and because of that I stayed, for 13 years! I don't post frequently but I do read the forum posts, of interest.

Many thanks to RCK!

Amiga1992 01 January 2017 20:41

Galahad, the board started in 2001, so you were here pretty much from the beginning!

I also want to thank RCK and all the work he has done in this fantastic board and related sites, as well as everybody that has moderated a board, contributed tools, tutorials, helped others out, provided content for HOL and AMR and more, etc. We all make EAB what it is and I am glad to be part of it, hands down the best Amiga-related community online there is.

Shoutouts for all my old farts crew who been here since 2001/2002. A lot of them are gone from the boards (I wish I knew about Twistin' Ghost :( ), but many of us still remain and even return here every now and then. You've always been great company online ;)

Shatterhand 02 January 2017 05:24

There wasn't an older version of the Board before this one? I remember a board going down and we all having to register again. Or was this somewhere else ?

I remember I got here from an even older (and dead) board called "Emulation Talk". Though it was called "Emulation Talk", it was about Amiga emulation only.

T_hairy_bootson 02 January 2017 06:06

Thanks RCK, I gotta stop ad blocking this place, keep forgetting... ;)

My membership here is older than some of the people I play games online with... :shocked