English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Hardware (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Wingman Gamepad (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=59699)

Old Fool 13 June 2011 17:08

Wingman Gamepad

Have anyone tried this gamepad for Amiga:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...oducts_id=1034

It seems to be some kind of rip-off from Logitech's same name PC pad. Does anyone know is it any good? It looks quite interesting...

amigakit.com 13 June 2011 17:23

These are brand new stock that we have converted for use with the Classic Amiga models (no longer can be used on USB).

Old Fool 13 June 2011 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigakit.com (Post 761235)
These are brand new stock that we have converted for use with the Classic Amiga models (no longer can be used on USB).

So these are the same ones that are once sold for PC and now circuits and cables are modified to fit Amigas?

Do these controllers support second fire button (so called Mega Drive pad feature) so it could be used games like Project-X to change weaponry via pressing joypad button? There seems to be 6 fire buttons. Is there switch to choose autofire or is there any button modified to use it as an auto fire option?

amigakit.com 13 June 2011 18:36

Yes, the six buttons we have divided into two sets A and B fire, ideal for games such as Project-X

NovaCoder 15 June 2011 01:52

I've just ordered one, I'll let you know what I think of it :)

Old Fool 15 June 2011 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovaCoder (Post 761513)
I've just ordered one, I'll let you know what I think of it :)

Thanks mate! Let me know. If they are good I'll probably need two or three of them. My favourite is gamepad called Tecno Plus made for Amiga and Commodore products. I don't like joysticks at all so I'm looking for the best possible joypad to use with Amy.

NovaCoder 15 July 2011 02:23

Well it looks nice, feels great in the hands (much better than the nasty CD32 controller).

The wire looks like a good conversion, so to sum it up it's great.

Only question is how the button mapping works, so far I've only been able to get one button to do anything, anyone know of any Amiga games that support more than one button?

CD32 games don't seem to be able to use the extra buttons either and as it doesn't come with any kind of a manual I've got no clue what buttons are supposed to be supported?

Any ideas AmigaKit?

lost_loven 15 July 2011 02:50

i have 3 wingmans game pads here, is it easy to convert them? Actually they are wingman rumble pads. Not that i don't want to give the business but if i have them might as well use them on the miggy right .. or a usb converter?

lost

blade002 15 July 2011 04:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigakit.com (Post 761235)

Whatever happened to the Micro Switched Python Joysticks, do you still supply them?

FOL 15 July 2011 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovaCoder (Post 766897)
Well it looks nice, feels great in the hands (much better than the nasty CD32 controller).

The wire looks like a good conversion, so to sum it up it's great.

Only question is how the button mapping works, so far I've only been able to get one button to do anything, anyone know of any Amiga games that support more than one button?

CD32 games don't seem to be able to use the extra buttons either and as it doesn't come with any kind of a manual I've got no clue what buttons are supposed to be supported?

Any ideas AmigaKit?

You cant use all buttons on CD32, only Fire 1 and 2 are supported.

A, X, and both shoulders = Fire 1.
B and Y = Fire 2.

fitzsteve 15 July 2011 10:45

Its a real shame you couldn't have made them CD32 compatible, we need some more choice for our 32's :(

Otherwise its overpriced HoneyBea's on eBay.

Also, I just bought a couple of the original USB version to use on mu uA1 and they work great, obviously I can't speak for the conversion but the pads them selves are solid and accurate.

I've always been a fan of Logitech products as they're well made.

Steve.

@Novacoder:

PrjectX SE is 2 button as are Super Street Fighter II, Gloom and Skelton Krew. Must be loads more I can't think of right now!

Some games you need to go to the options and chooseb '2 Button' Gloom has this option for example as do SFII and Skelton Krew.

Oh and Emulators like AmiMAsterGear support 2 Buttons (Choose standard Pad, looks like Megadrive in the pic)

Also ADoom supports 2 Buttons by defauilt, 2nd button opens doors.

Jimbo 15 July 2011 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzsteve (Post 766946)
Its a real shame you couldn't have made them CD32 compatible, we need some more choice for our 32's :(

+1 for this. Going to Ebay and paying £25+ for an old pad that can break the next day is a no no for me.

FOL 15 July 2011 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzsteve (Post 766946)

Otherwise its overpriced HoneyBea's on eBay.

Also, I just bought a couple of the original USB version to use on mu uA1 and they work great, obviously I can't speak for the conversion but the pads them selves are solid and accurate.

I've always been a fan of Logitech products as they're well made.

Steve.

@Novacoder:

PrjectX SE is 2 button as are Super Street Fighter II, Gloom and Skelton Krew. Must be loads more I can't think of right now!

Some games you need to go to the options and chooseb '2 Button' Gloom has this option for example as do SFII and Skelton Krew.

Oh and Emulators like AmiMAsterGear support 2 Buttons (Choose standard Pad, looks like Megadrive in the pic)

Also ADoom supports 2 Buttons by defauilt, 2nd button opens doors.

Apidya, :).

Dont forget the WHDLoad slaves, that the authors have added 2nd button support to.

fitzsteve 15 July 2011 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 766963)
Apidya, :).

Dont forget the WHDLoad slaves, that the authors have added 2nd button support to.

Yep PrjectX SE, Super Street Fighter II and Skelton Krew I'm playing though WHDLoad. The latter two also support CD32 Pads as well in the options manu's :great

Old Fool 10 February 2012 15:24

OK, thanks for the info NovaCoder! Hmm, no autofire option then. That's a shame and waste of buttons then. Well, have to think about it! I like Logitech products nevertheless...

amigakit.com 12 February 2012 02:22

We have thd Boomerang CD32 joypad new in stock which caters for the CD32 users

PopoCop 13 February 2012 15:41

Few games with two-button pad support:
- XP8
- Turrican I, II and 3
- Banshee