English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Supercars 2 weapons (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=76495)

Gordon 07 January 2015 12:26

Supercars 2 weapons

I have just started playing supercars 2 and am really enjoying it. However i cant seem to work out how to select weapons if i have more than 1 type and i see nothing in the manual. After a race i have the option to buy weapons. If i buy forward and back missiles these work fine. But if i buy mines and homing missiles i cant figure out how to use these. Even if i use all my forward misssiles, it still doesnt shoot my homing ones.

Any help appreciated.

liviux76 07 January 2015 12:34

When you are in the "shop" there is a line in the bottom where you can select among "front", "rear", "buy", "sell", etc...

Just select "front" and then click on a weapon (for example "super"), then click on "rear" and after that on a different weapon (for example "mine").

From the next race on, you will user "super" going up and "mine" going down.

Before the start of each race you can choose with weapon you want loaded in your car. You can only have two kinds of weapons "on board" each time.

Enjoy the best race car ever! ;)

capehorn 07 January 2015 12:36

You can only use two types of weapons in each race. At the shop, you have to specify which two weapons you want to use by using the 'front' and 'rear' buttons, which assign the joystick forward and joystick backwards movements to the firing of the weapons that you choose.

Gordon 07 January 2015 13:19

Thank you both for your help. Much appreciated. It all makes sense now.

liviux76, the more i play it the more i enjoy it and maybe it could end up being my favourite racing game! :)

crazyc 07 January 2015 14:08

This was one of my favourite games as a kid as my best mate and I used to play 2 player all the time. :great

EDIT - Just realised I even remember the cheat names to unlock unlimited weapons etc. Wow.

liviux76 07 January 2015 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyc (Post 995739)
This was one of my favourite games as a kid as my best mate and I used to play 2 player all the time. :great

Two players mode is the best! ;)

Rob 1 07 January 2015 17:16

Still one of the ones I keep going back too...:great

Love it..

I normally choose super on the rear and missle on the front :) unless there's a train on the next level them I go for boost on the rear to jump the train.:lol

I agree it is good on multi player......

I been thinking about this for a while wouldn't it be good if we could play this online and have no computer players just 10x EAB members battling it out that would be awsome.:shocked:bowdown:shocked

Surely the technology is there to make this happen now?:confused Why's this never happened?

Superman 07 January 2015 23:43

Wonderland and The Seer ;)

Shatterhand 08 January 2015 01:19

I only figured out how to use the other weapons years later playing the game on WinUae. I finished the game countless times on Amiga having no idea of how to activate the other weapons, I even thought it was a bug in the game or something :)

Very silly of me :)

rare_j 08 January 2015 01:30

Great game, I really like the single player too.
It did take me 20 years to beat hard mode though.

ransom1122 08 January 2015 02:03

Turning those corners and hearing the screeching tyres was superb, not to mention straightening the car before a jump. :)

Rob 1 08 January 2015 10:58

Come on guys we need to sort this out, someone on here must know a way of letting us all play this game online together? :scream

Even if it’s just 1 level, please? :agree

Just imagine how much fun it would be. :spin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman (Post 995869)
Wonderland and The Seer ;)

They are albums by The Big Country I think, they were big fans apparently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 995896)
Turning those corners and hearing the screeching tyres was superb, not to mention straightening the car before a jump. :)

The sound effect that made me laugh is the "boing" when you hit another car, great way to corner quickly ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shatterhand (Post 995887)
I only figured out how to use the other weapons years later playing the game on WinUae. I finished the game countless times on Amiga having no idea of how to activate the other weapons, I even thought it was a bug in the game or something :)

Very silly of me :)

Guys you do know there are tons of manuals on HOL don't you?

http://hol.abime.net/2181/manual

It's not like the old days when all you had was a disk with the name of the game hand written on it ;)

Gordon 08 January 2015 12:06

The game would need to be rewritten surely to support 10 players online?. There is a supercars 3 remake made in java

http://jotd.pagesperso-orange.fr/supercars3/

and if it was easy enough, it would have been done.

Rob 1 08 January 2015 13:50

Rewritten a bit yes:help, but I'll bet a small team on here could do it for a bit of fun in no time.:great

Just think how cool it would be. 10 of us having a laugh round 1 track of Super cars II. It would only need to be like a demo sized game, basic missiles etc (I think I remember playing the Demo of SCII back in the day before it was released, happy days), but with 10 humans instead of 2 and 8 cpu's.
:spin
Come on guys admit it if this existed it would be AWESOME!! And you’d be playing it loads. It would even bring the EAB closer together actually playing one of the old classics in one place. :lol

If we drum up enough support I'll bet one very clever chap will pick up the challenge and make a start :)

LOL just looking on HOL at it again they were great graphics weren't they, but they couldn't draw hands LOL

http://hol.abime.net/hol_popup_pictu...enshot%20n°15