English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Looking for a game name ? (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Looking for this Tetris game fer years! CA$H for the one who finds it (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=1341)

Amiga1992 10 September 2001 22:58

Name this game, if you can :)

1 Attachment(s)
Ok this will be a hard one, because it is a Tetris game, and there are millions of'em. The worse thing is, I think this game is called Tetris :>

Anyway, the game in question was released around 1988ish (perhaps earlier, perhaps one year later, not more), and I am looking for it, really. I never found it anywhere, I know for a fact it ain't on the net and prolly it ain't in anyone's colection (there is a slight chance that it is an argentinian game), so I'm mainly looking for information about it if anyone knows it (Publisher, release date, etc.)

Look at the pic attached, the game looks very similar to that Tetris. A prize for anybody that comes up with the game. I swear.

[Edit] Games that ARE NOT this one:

- Mirrorsoft's Tetris
- Tetren (PD, post 1990)
- Spectrum Holobyte's Tetris (but I heard there are two versions of this, one very rare)
- Twintris/Super Twintris
- Tetris / "Amiga Tetris" (Infogrames)
- Amiga Tetris 2
- Tetris Pro / "Cigar tetris" (2000 A.D.)
- Duotris
- Zaxk
- Super Tetris
- Tetrix
- Ditris
- Tetris Metallica
- Tetris III
- Super Caztri
- ProTris v1.0 (1993)(Mirage)
- Project T
- Coloris
- Final Tetris (megademo part)
- Avatris
- Digital Tetris
- Tetris (Gary Wheatly)
- Tetris +
- Tetris the Next Generation
- The Last Tetris
- Tetrys 95 (1995)(Crayon X)(AGA)(Fr)
- Power Tetris

RetroMan 10 September 2001 23:08

Uhmmm, maybe TWINTRIS (SUPER TWINTRIS) came out 1990/91 (the original Tetris was 1988) and Super Twintris also was PD ?!?

just a guess ......

RetroMan 10 September 2001 23:27

1 Attachment(s)
Here´s a (crappy) screenshot from title screen.....

Walker 11 September 2001 07:12

Nah. That game is in Akiras "Are Not" list above!

RetroMan 11 September 2001 07:48

Ah damn, I got to learn how to read the postings properly :( ok, on to search again I guess...

RetroMan 11 September 2001 08:11

1 Attachment(s)
Ah well, how about this Tetris Clone then ;):D ???

Twistin'Ghost 11 September 2001 09:44

Maybe this is the wrong direction to take here, but where did the double-barrel screenshot come from? If you have the game, I want it!!!

Tim Janssen 11 September 2001 10:36

Tetrimania

Akira,
Are you sure about the dual-playfield in the Tetris version you are looking for?
Here is a list of all Tetris-games on Amiga I know:

Tetris: Released in 1991 it is from the same creator of the original but it features 'upgraded' backgrounds. Maybe this is Tetris 2. It has all sorts of different Russian activities beautifully drawn like a fish-market and so on.
Duotris: This PD-game is released on C64 and Amiga in 1990. It has a dual playfield and the falling blocks have odd shapes;
H.. tris: The name of this clone is on the tip of my tongue. It is a German PD game with a dual playfield. The falling shapes are really strange: A block looking like a cross, a small single block, etc;
Tetracopy: Uhm. Not really a Tetris game. Just a copier like X-copy which let you play a simple version of Tetris while copying discs;
Zack: The Amiga reincarnation of the Arcade game 'Hatris. You must staple falling hats;
Super Tetris: I think this is the Spectrum Holobyte version. It has pictures of a Russian circus;
Zyconix: Released by Accolade towards the end of 1992, this is some sort of Tetris game looking very similar to the pics you have attached. I have never played it, though;

RetroMan 11 September 2001 10:43

1 Attachment(s)
@Twistin' Ghost

I´ll upload it to the ADFZone immediately (btw. it´s called TETRIS PRO) !

@Akira

Here´s another one, maybe that´s it, called TETRIX ...

CodyJarrett 11 September 2001 10:46

Ditris?

Ditris?

Twistin'Ghost 11 September 2001 11:18

Actually, it was the original first image I was wondering where came from. But thanks!

CodyJarrett 11 September 2001 11:43

Tetris

It's probably an arcade screenshot, Twistin'.

andreas 11 September 2001 18:03

Quote:

Zyconix: Released by Accolade towards the end of 1992, this is some sort of Tetris game looking very similar to the pics you have attached. I have never played it, though;
No, no.
This is a completely different game. It doesn't have a screen split in two with the Moscow tower on the left side and the playscreen on the right side.
Zyconix has the objects coming from above, which rotate around a horizontal axis (clockwise) when moving from top to bottom.

Tim Janssen 12 September 2001 09:26

Zyconix throw up

Oops.. It seemed my fuzzy memory threw up again. From the screenshots I have seen Zyconix looked like a Tetris clone. Sorry.

Amiga1992 12 September 2001 18:34

Twistin', yes, it is an arcade version. Atari Tetris. Emulated very well in MAME. Go to mame.dk and download it, it's the best tetris I ever played (second spot goes to GB tetris! :))

I am not clearly sure about the double playfield. At the worst case, imagine the game having only the bit on the left of my pic. But it has to look very similar to it!

I never saw Ditris, an upload would be apreciated!

I cant believe it's been 14 years since I started to look for this bastard :( Thanks everybody for your help.

CodyJarrett 12 September 2001 19:05

Ditris

I've uploaded Ditris to the ADF-Zone.

Amiga1992 12 September 2001 23:21

That game doesnt seem to work in Winfellow... will have to try it out at home. Thanks anyway COdy :)

Amigaboy 15 September 2001 14:57

It could be a Shareware game. Try http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/aminetbin/find?Tetris, or try http://www.funet.fi/pub/amiga/games/tetris/

Amiga1992 15 September 2001 17:29

Could be, but has to be pre-1990. I searched Aminet and found none that matches my criteria. Closest one is Tetren, but as I said, this aint the game.

Will keep looking. Today I will go to a meeting with some guys who are Amiga/Commodore users, they are bound to have lots of shite!

Amiga1992 24 July 2002 00:39

Let me revive this old thread because, as fedegaia, I have shitload of Amiga games, but I have NEVER EVER been able to recover this lost gem...

No new data on the game, all I said already is what's valid. Could be a PD game but, if it is PD, it surely is argentinian PD, and as thus I will need the help of any other argentinian (shit, I'm the only one here :P).

Help me revive my childhood! :D I'm putting a reward on this game's head now! Let me think what could it be...