English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Would you pay for a new AAA Amiga Title? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=69190)

mikrucio 13 May 2013 05:17

Would you pay for a new AAA Amiga Title?

Hello ALL!!!

Yep poll of the century and is dead SERIOUS!:great

dlfrsilver 13 May 2013 09:29

for nice amiga 1200 game in AGA, and a kickstarter campaign, i would inject money in it :)

Graham Humphrey 13 May 2013 09:44

Definitely. AGA or otherwise. It would be nice to have a game come in a nice box and to make it collectable like some new C64 games do.

radon_22 13 May 2013 09:51

Don't take this the wrong way: It's only your 2nd post on here.

New "AAA" game? No one's seen your coding chops, at least not on EAB.

TCD 13 May 2013 10:07

A tad more information would be nice (and maybe a "I'm not interested in AAA games" option instead of that Amiga games suck junk...)

Djay 13 May 2013 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by radon_22 (Post 887755)
Don't take this the wrong way: It's only your 2nd post on here.

New "AAA" game? No one's seen your coding chops, at least not on EAB.

Haven't seen the first post, but the OP could just be a general question rather than implying they are going to write a AAA, if it's the later then I would agree... Funding a AAA Amiga game now would need some reputation!

I am with TCD on the Amiga game junk thing, perhaps not the best phrase on an Amiga fan forum ;)

But yeah a triple A new game on stock A1200 would be awesome, share your ideas?

Graham Humphrey 13 May 2013 10:22

Yeah I took it as just a hypothetical question. I mean obviously it would depend on a lot of factors but fundamentally I would be interested.

radon_22 13 May 2013 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 887767)
Yeah I took it as just a hypothetical question. I mean obviously it would depend on a lot of factors but fundamentally I would be interested.

You're probably right, Graham. I just took the "poll of the century and is dead SERIOUS" comment to mean non-hypothetical.

ptyerman 13 May 2013 10:49

Yes I would pay into a new AAA game. As long as EA hadn't been anywhere near it! :rolleyes

Lord Aga 13 May 2013 10:52

Well, I have both A500 and A1200 and I would pay for any game (AAA, AA, or just A :) ), so there's no option for me :) I still voted for the A1200 option, as I think a new game should target AGA with min 6MB (2CHIP + 4FAST) of RAM.

alkis21 13 May 2013 11:16

As Lord Aga said, it doesn't have to be AAA in terms of production values. As long as it's a fun game that belongs to one of the genres I enjoy, I will be glad to be pay for it.

seuden 13 May 2013 11:18

A new game should target A500 with additional extras for vanilla A1200. Imho.

Leffmann 13 May 2013 13:20

I think an option is missing. If I were to make an Amiga game and sell it in a fancy box, I would also release a free download of it.

Unless the game is really shoddy, I think a majority of people enjoying it would actually pay for a boxed copy, even if it's available as a free download.

s2325 13 May 2013 13:42

for platform or pinball game - yes
Pacman, snake, Tetris - no

Djay 13 May 2013 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leffmann (Post 887824)
I think an option is missing. If I were to make an Amiga game and sell it in a fancy box, I would also release a free download of it.

Unless the game is really shoddy, I think a majority of people enjoying it would actually pay for a boxed copy, even if it's available as a free download.

I would pay full price for a box copy (£30) and £10 for a download version, the full price one could include a CD with ADFs and production content... A trailer, demo and concept work... It does have to be at least A standard. As for the genre, I would play it no matter what... It's a new commercial Amiga game!

As for what machine, stock A1200... That would probably capture most people, of course there's always Winuae...

I would like to see a classic style game, 2D or untextured 3D, perhaps mix of both, I would like modern concepts used like saving high scores and achievements etc

Predseda 13 May 2013 14:37

I would pay GBP 15 for Tales of Gorluth if boxed in CD jewel case. Full price for classic box.

alexh 13 May 2013 14:44

I recently bought the commercial Atari Falcon game Elansar (similar to Myst).

http://onorisoft.free.fr/elansar/elansar.htm#English

But I didn't enjoy playing it on the Falcon. When it came out on Android I played that version.

Marcuz 13 May 2013 16:19

If this is a vague and completely unrelated to anything kind of question, then, it should be translated like: "If a game that you would be interested in per se, made by some professional developer with a serious budget, should get out for amiga, would you buy it?"

If this is instead a question by some developer who wants to taste the ground for an eventual publication of his game on a platform (amiga or others), then it show actually the opposite of its premise, imho, for a number of reasons...

OlafSch 13 May 2013 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikrucio (Post 887723)
Hello ALL!!!

Yep poll of the century and is dead SERIOUS!:great

If it is more than just "making a poll because bored" and is serious question regarding commercial development than i would recommend to make screenshots of existing game or at least some sort of description to show how it would be so the discussion is less abstract. And then make it more visible to the people, perhaps as a kind of news.

Neil79 13 May 2013 17:30

Deuteros 2