English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reshoot-A modern Shoot´em-Up-Experience for Amiga (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=79918)

Joe Maroni 08 October 2015 19:45

Reshoot-A modern Shoot´em-Up-Experience for Amiga

How about support a new Amiga game..?

https://www.patreon.com/loewenstein?ty=h

it will be presented on the 30 years event this weekend in Germany..

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/reshootAmiga?fref=ts

would be nice if you support it.....:great

ReadOnlyCat 09 October 2015 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Maroni (Post 1044758)
https://www.patreon.com/loewenstein?ty=h

it will be presented on the 30 years event this weekend in Germany..
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/reshootAmiga?fref=ts

Nice initiative, interesting use of Patreon rather than Kickstarter.
I will definitely support him.

But damn, he is clearly competing with item 10-or-so on my list of future projects:
Quote:

• Bullet Hell (<- that's the real only common point ;))
  • Modern Art
  • Rythmbased
  • All Assembler
  • Full Framerate (<- goes without saying)
  • Flow Experience

I have been thinking of ways to implement a bullet hell shoot'em up on the stock A500 for quite a while and I can understand why he is using the "modern art" approach to graphics since it can be both beautiful and light in DMA resources. ;)

Now, let's log into Patreon and see what he will produce!

Update: wait, he is a patron of his own project on Patreon, what sense does this make?
Also, his name is nowhere to be seen on the HOL credits of North Sea Inferno Amiga (http://hol.abime.net/3808) which he states to have contributed to, I am officially confused.

Adrian Browne 09 October 2015 15:38

Not sure. I think technically you can contribute to your own kickstarter campaign but I might be wrong.
I'll check this guys game out.

I prefer the crowd funding method of paying upfront.
At ten dollars a month that's 120 dollars for the game? That is if it meets it's release date.
Not sure what to make of it. No video or anything to see either.

ReadOnlyCat 09 October 2015 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian Browne (Post 1044913)
I prefer the crowd funding method of paying upfront.
At ten dollars a month that's 120 dollars for the game? That is if it meets it's release date.
Not sure what to make of it. No video or anything to see either.

You can contribute at 1$ per month and stop at any time if you want.

Amiga1992 09 October 2015 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Maroni (Post 1044758)

How about we see any of the game before we get to blindly support it? Also as mentioned through Patreon it seems rather expensive.
I could do the same as this guy, say "hey I am making an AMiga game!", show you a Deluxe Paint screenshot (it's all I found and they were SOnic teh HEdgehog heads, scaled up with DPaint's rough double size feature), and ask you to contribute to my project.

I think you need a bit more work done before you go and ask people for their collaboration.

wizard 09 October 2015 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat (Post 1044838)
Also, his name is nowhere to be seen on the HOL credits of North Sea Inferno Amiga (http://hol.abime.net/3808) which he states to have contributed to, I am officially confused.

Seems he did the C64 version of the game: http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=5298

desiv 09 October 2015 17:58

It's promising, and I'll be watching..
But yeah, until I see some more actual product, probably won't be investing quite yet.. ;-)

Good luck to him tho!!

desiv

Joe Maroni 09 October 2015 20:06

Let's see what will be shown at the 30th Amiga event this weekend in Germany...:)

ReadOnlyCat 09 October 2015 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Maroni (Post 1044935)
Let's see what will be shown at the 30th Amiga event this weekend in Germany...:)

Exactly.
No need to take any decision or forge an opinion when so little information is available.

It is the first kind of "pay me as I build this" model I have seen yet and it seems normal that the system is not balanced yet (high price if game lasts several months, etc.). Let us give him time and see what comes out of it.

Also, people can just give him an initial encouragement by sponsoring him at 1$ per month. That's nothing but if 500 people do it this will give him a nice support. (This number might be unrealistic but it is here just to illustrate the principle, let us not be distracted by details.)

At least he seems to be attempting something.
People with no ill track record should always be given the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 1044920)
I think you need a bit more work done before you go and ask people for their collaboration.

There is a whole spectrum of choices between "blind" support and requiring absolute progress measures.
At 1$ per month I can give him a little nudge and be fine with losing it entirely.
Being risk adverse is silly when the loss is minimal.

Bobic 09 October 2015 21:56

Richard Löwenstein, the coder of this game, is a legend in Germany. He was an editor at "Amiga Joker" magazine, which was *THE BEST* German Amiga games magazine and editor-in-chief of many other video games print mags. Also I have a strong feeling that the music for this game will be composed by someone, who we all love and respect. Think of Turrican... Not 100% sure yet, though. Nevertheless I don't have any doubts why not trust him. He's way too famous for talking bullshit.

Joe Maroni 10 October 2015 03:28

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobic (Post 1044981)
Richard Löwenstein, the coder of this game, is a legend in Germany. He was an editor at "Amiga Joker" magazine, which was *THE BEST* German Amiga games magazine and editor-in-chief of many other video games print mags. Also I have a strong feeling that the music for this game will be composed by someone, who we all love and respect. Think of Turrican... Not 100% sure yet, though. Nevertheless I don't have any doubts why not trust him. He's way too famous for talking bullshit.

Yeah...you are right...:great

I was the lucky guy to restore his old disks in may this year...
I still have the adfs of the disks and looked at what is stored on them and i found the source of "North Sea Inferno" and some source of the upcoming game...

Finally I can say that i fully trust Richard....:D

Adrian Browne 10 October 2015 04:39

Good news. Richard should put a little demo together. Something to show us.
It would incentivise people to support.
Id love a new shmup on a cd for my a1200.
I can pledge the 1 dollar a month for now.

buzzybee 15 October 2015 15:42

Hi guys! May I join the discussion? Richard Löwenstein is my name, I´m the sole coder of the AGA-shoot´em-up RESHOOT.

First let me tell you, that it´s going to be quite awesome if I may so :-)

I had the opportunity to show a first techdemo recently in the german town of Neuss, where a 30 Jahre Amiga event was held. What you could already see there is a scrolling engine running at full framerate, blitting some big objects (upto 128 x 128 pixels) onto the screen and throwing around 100 DMA-controlled sprites. What you could not see, is a game engine able to manage lots of moving objects in a quite sophisticated manner, enabling smoothly animated waves of targets. That´s what RESHOOT will be all about - bullet hell chaos. My target is a game as playable and polished as Silkworm or Hybris. Certainly not as big, maybe not as beautiful, but very smooth and playable nonetheless.

I´m totally aware that one video speaks louder than a thousand words (german proverb :-) ), so to have one published: that´s one of my main goals for the forthcoming weeks.

viddi 15 October 2015 19:53

Hi Richard,

glad to have you here. :)

Keep up the good work and see you soon,

Patrick aka viddi

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzybee (Post 1045740)
Hi guys! May I join the discussion? Richard Löwenstein is my name, I´m the sole coder of the AGA-shoot´em-up RESHOOT.

First let me tell you, that it´s going to be quite awesome if I may so :-)

I had the opportunity to show a first techdemo recently in the german town of Neuss, where a 30 Jahre Amiga event was held. What you could already see there is a scrolling engine running at full framerate, blitting some big objects (upto 128 x 128 pixels) onto the screen and throwing around 100 DMA-controlled sprites. What you could not see, is a game engine able to manage lots of moving objects in a quite sophisticated manner, enabling smoothly animated waves of targets. That´s what RESHOOT will be all about - bullet hell chaos. My target is a game as playable and polished as Silkworm or Hybris. Certainly not as big, maybe not as beautiful, but very smooth and playable nonetheless.

I´m totally aware that one video speaks louder than a thousand words (german proverb :-) ), so to have one published: that´s one of my main goals for the forthcoming weeks.

Predseda 15 October 2015 20:08

I book this thread :agree

Adrian Browne 15 October 2015 22:55

Hi Richard looking forward to that video. Feel free to post in this thread and update us on your progress from time to time. - Yes, a video of gameplay might ensure more support via patreon. People need something to see.

buzzybee 16 October 2015 14:15

Thanks for your charming welcome!

Video is a main focus, still I decided to work on something different first – backgroundgraphics. So far I coded tilemaps by hand, typing in tons of bytes each representing different background tiles. An obvious approach, but not a very good one. Therefore the idea is to include tilemapfiles generated with the excellent Tiled-editor. Coding an XML-loader and decoder right now, which would ease up implementing nice and big and detailled background stuff a lot. Plus I might even do some choreography of enemy waves with Tiled.

buzzybee 26 October 2015 19:57

Did a couple of updates on my patreon page for RESHOOT just to keep you guys entertained ... :-)

https://www.patreon.com/loewenstein?ty=c

Amiga1992 26 October 2015 21:47

Why do the sprites look like really badly posterized 3D images?
If you are serious about it, collaborate with one of the marvelous graphic artists we have here.

Still looking for any game demo, you said you did a tech demo somewhere, why not show it? Will help prop up your Patreon.

buzzybee 27 October 2015 02:41

Akira: Okay, so what do I learn from your post? People dont have patience and they tend to not read text. I´ll keep that in mind for future updates on my patreon page. The screenshot you mention doesnt show any real pixels, its purpose is just to keep you updated on what is going on internally. I updated the text to make that clear, which wasn´t the case before - so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

But there is actually one screenshot showing some first pixels from the forthcoming prototype. These are painted by Kevin Saunders - a retro-artist who did some real nice work in the past.

Rest assured I can´t be more serious about RESHOOT than I am. And I am totally aware that you all want to see moving pictures. As soon as I feel ready, I´ll be happy th share some of the games strongpoints in a video with you. Cant be too long from now. But I will keep my pace and will listen to my inner voice when it comes to timing of things to show.