English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Nostalgia & memories (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I Found the Workbench Demo für OS 3.1, send from Eternity. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=91858)

Marty2AGA 15 April 2018 21:55

I Found the Workbench Demo für OS 3.1, send from Eternity.

5 Attachment(s)
I found the letter pack packet in the cellar. The Workbench 3.1 demo which was running in the shop window.

At that time I worked at the computer shop MeComp (Germany / Hamburg). Was a great time.

MeComp had released 2 Amiga CD-ROMs (with shareware programs, demo games, scene demos, etc.) I still have.

This shop MeComp exists since .. felt eternity no more. Everything was sold at the end of the flea market and what was not sold. That was then put to the boss in the garage. At some point, one lost sight of one another. That was at the end of the 90er.

Foebane 15 April 2018 22:08

Ooh, a piece of German Amiga history! How about making ADFs of the floppies? :)

klx300r 16 April 2018 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foebane (Post 1234925)
Ooh, a piece of German Amiga history! How about making ADFs of the floppies? :)

+1 and thanks for posting:great

Marty2AGA 16 April 2018 08:51

For this i need to setup my old Amiga 4000t ppc 233mhz equippment. No problem :). In the next week i upload this to the zone.

Locutus 16 April 2018 09:42

Man, blast from the past... I bought my CSPPC from him waaaaaaaay back :-)

Amiga1992 16 April 2018 16:01

Excellent!

Marty2AGA 22 April 2018 05:42

Puh...

Amiga 4000T PPC works but the Philips SCSI CDRW CDD3600 had problem and if it is longer without Energie and you turn it on it will appear a Guru or a short yellow screen. But then load the workbench normally. I played a Session Fears. No Problesm. So i transfered the ADFs with PC0: :D. I have a USB PC Floppy Drive But i have no empty HD floppy and It is saturday Evening. Found and Formatted a old MAC Disk Tools 1 :evilgrin. To use as PC Disk. Voila.
https://aeronextedit.files.wordpress.../dsc_02123.jpg

Uploaded to the zone as Amiga Workbench Demo (German version V1.1) (Disks5) (OS3.1) (Eternity Entertainment Software).

greetings Marty

Leffmann 22 April 2018 10:31

What are the installation requirements? I'm trying to install it but get loads of error messages that seem to say my bog standard Workbench 3.1 installation is incomplete.

Crown 22 April 2018 12:30

Hi Marty,

thanks a lot for sharing, great findings mate.

Could you make ISOs of the MeComp 2 Amiga CD-ROMs collection you have? it would be great

[QUOTE=Marty2AGA;1234922]I found the letter pack packet in the cellar. MeComp had released 2 Amiga CD-ROMs (with shareware programs, demo games, scene demos, etc.) I still have.

Marty2AGA 22 April 2018 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leffmann (Post 1236292)
What are the installation requirements? I'm trying to install it but get loads of error messages that seem to say my bog standard Workbench 3.1 installation is incomplete.

Yes, it is a little bit Tricky. For a Install you need a clean Workbench Installation from a 1200 Magic packet.
Other Way:
For a Standard 3.1 and after Install these: Use the Workbench 3.5 and
- Copy all from Locale to your default 3.1 Installation
- Copy all Devs/Printers
- Copy all Devs/Keymaps
- Copy all Fonts
If the Install script miss Devs/keymaps/usa2. Copy Devs/Keymaps/GB as usa2.
And last. Open the rexx script "AT-Demo-Installer" and remove the line:
"IF LEFT(infoline,hdname_len)=hdname THEN bytesfree=WORD(infoline,4)*512"

Simple way: I upload my 23mb HDF.

[QUOTE=Crown;1236313]Hi Marty,

thanks a lot for sharing, great findings mate.

Could you make ISOs of the MeComp 2 Amiga CD-ROMs collection you have? it would be great

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty2AGA (Post 1234922)
I found the letter pack packet in the cellar. MeComp had released 2 Amiga CD-ROMs (with shareware programs, demo games, scene demos, etc.) I still have.

Yes i do :)

Crown 22 April 2018 13:24

Thanks a lot Marty, can't wait. :)

Btw, did you know the people at Eternity? Do you know how/why they ended up doing that demo for WB?

Marty2AGA 15 May 2018 21:05

I make ISO and Scans from the CD's and i would like to upload. But Where? I have'nt lot of Post's so i can't upload. You have to wait at i have enought post's. Then i can register a Account.

kkgarbod 15 May 2018 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty2AGA (Post 1241349)
I make ISO and Scans from the CD's and i would like to upload. But Where? I have'nt lot of Post's so i can't upload. You have to wait at i have enought post's. Then i can register a Account.

Have a chat with Turran, he might hook you up with the FTP and then you could upload it to there :D

morrissey 14 August 2020 14:20

Can anyone uploaded the Workbench-Demo again in the Zone? Thank you!