English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Music (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Request - Music and sfx for AlterEgo game. (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=79827)

Asman 28 September 2015 12:08

Request - Music and sfx for AlterEgo game.

Hello.

I'm working on conversion of game AlterEgo (link). I have permission from authors.

I'm looking for modules and sfx for this game.

I can post current very preview version of game in the Zone if any musician want to check how it looks. But this version is only a very preview and I want to rewrite it to pure asm, to pimp up a bit this nice game. Now is C + asm.

Edit:
Early picture from Amiga version of game
http://i.imgur.com/ICB9SKX.png

Bugala 28 September 2015 16:34

ah, i thought you meant the other game, possibly by same name where you were making life choices and then you saw how your life ended up.

Akira 28 September 2015 17:14

Holy shit, I LOVE AlterEgo! Would be nice to have extra colors and more Amiga stuff on it (I can help with that if you want!).
Could also look into porting the tunes to Protracker. LEt me know!

Asman 28 September 2015 21:19

@Akira
What you mean exactly about extra stuff on it ? Perhaps some of them on my pimp-up list :)

If you can port tunes to modules that would be great.

Respect and thanks.

Akira 29 September 2015 00:06

I mean maybe extra colors and/or frames. Dunno how much you can add but I am sure the Amiga has a lot to offer to the game engine! It was just a suggestion anyway but if you do need some help gfx or msx/sfx wise, I can help you out, would love to do it.

I could definitely try to port the soundtrack to Protracker. It'd be quite the task, but I think it could be fun to do!
It's 9 tracks, mostly short, some a bit longer. I could use as a basis the Enhanced version perhaps. Depends on how the channels work out (I think Enhanced uses NES VRC7 and stuff like that).

adrdesign 07 November 2015 22:10

2 Attachment(s)
I´m working on that. This is a proof of concept :D

hope u like it.

EDIT: Fixed module attached. I forgot put the speed commands :banghead

Akira 09 November 2015 16:45

ADR THE MASTER!
That's BAD ASS

Galahad/FLT 09 November 2015 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrdesign (Post 1049732)
I´m working on that. This is a proof of concept :D

hope u like it.

EDIT: Fixed module attached. I forgot put the speed commands :banghead

Always awesome dude, your work gets my vote :great

adrdesign 10 November 2015 03:56

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for the feedback. I respect A LOT your work either!

Let´s continue with level 1 tune. You might test it with PHX player routine to check how the FX works along the mod, since the remaining modules will be alike.

PS: The final version will be optimized, BTW I dont think I´ll could fit all the tunes in one single module.

Sorry if my english is poor, as always.

adrdesign 13 November 2015 03:18

I have found a bug in PT replay routine. I cant use pitch slides when secondary speed is set to 1 (so no vibratos or whatever), it doesn´t work even in OpenMPT (windows). Only OctaMED series seem to do the magic. I would ask someone to check that, since it would be a pity not reaching the 1:1 audio conversion because that.

to check: load some looped sample, put in the 1st row in PT, fill down with 101 command. F01 in the next track, F96 (im using 150bpm) in the 3rd and press play.

its annoying, because if you put F02 as secondary tempo the slide is played correctly.

Someone can help? (how many times did I ask before, not enough? :D)

EDIT: OctaMED doesnt execute the slides in standard protracker timing (TPL 1, LPB 4), but does when set to TPL 2, LPB 8... :confused

Akira 13 November 2015 05:53

It doesn't work in Protracker? Have you tried in PT-1210?

adrdesign 13 November 2015 17:09

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 1050620)
It doesn't work in Protracker? Have you tried in PT-1210?

I´ve just tried in PT-1210 and doesn´t work. I´ve checked "cycle exact" in winuae and tried the most compatible a500 emulation for the record.

It seems there is NO TRACKER capable to do slides at speed 1. I´ve found VLC in windows played it correctly!! O-o.

Attached: module for level 2, at speed 1, with 1xx and 2xx simulating vibratos.

PS: I could simulate vibratos by using its real notes but it sounds rubbish. Its not possible to half the module speed (to be played at speed 2) because arps.

Some advice? :nervous

adrdesign 15 November 2015 12:28

just a bump!

adrdesign 16 November 2015 08:12

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I´ve finished the job for Alter Ego. F$$$$N AWESOME SOUNDTRACK!!! All the vibratos/pitch slides are included in the module, so if the player gets fixed, we will have a 1:1 NES sound chip directly implemented in a MOD (the mod itself is an almost PERFECT emulation of the CHIP itself).

Hope you like it, as I´ve enjoyed making it. Some feedback appreciated!

ADRDesign

PS: I´m going next with Chase OST. Watch out!

Asman 16 November 2015 08:45

@adrdesign. I just checked and this is awesome work.

daxb 16 November 2015 12:22

I don`t know the original but great work. :) Somewhere you have explained how do you convert the music but I can`t remember. Pattern stuff is created by converter, right? At least I can`t imagine how to track pattern data at F01 speed. F02 is already a pain. If I understand it right you are fixed to F01?

adrdesign 16 November 2015 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by daxb (Post 1051145)
I don`t know the original but great work. :) Somewhere you have explained how do you convert the music but I can`t remember. Pattern stuff is created by converter, right? At least I can`t imagine how to track pattern data at F01 speed. F02 is already a pain. If I understand it right you are fixed to F01?

I will record a video to explain all the process. I´ve reached some kind of "automated" conversion (with a little retouch and some ear).

The nsf is converted to midi, double half the tempo in nuendo, imported at resolution 30 in octamed (perfect 1:1 frame conversion). midi instruments->3 octave freehand waveforms, sampled and chopped the drum track. Retouch.

you can check the original ost here

https://youtu.be/FHZm51g9bAo

ps: yeah, speed 1 tempo 150. Octamed can use really large blocks (2000+ lines) and steps of 16 lines, so it isnt too hard to figure the pattern layout (usually 160-384 lines long each block)

my english sucks

Akira 02 May 2017 19:08

Hey Asman, did you ever update your AlterEgo port with ADR's music?

Asman 03 May 2017 11:33

@Akira
Yep, there is preview 2 of AlterEgo but is so bugged. You can find it on EAB File Server.

nobody 03 May 2017 12:58

I have it on my hard disk but no music I think. Nice Port, needs updated graphics though.