English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ENEMY 2 Collectors Edition out now! (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85050)

crack 06 December 2016 23:26

ENEMY 2 Collectors Edition out now!

2 Attachment(s)
The Collectors Edition of ENEMY 2: Missing in Action is finished and available now!

15.00 EUR + Shipping

http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...1&d=1481058558

Contents of the Collectors Edition

- Telescope box with Cover-Art from Ogan Kandemiroglu
- multilingual manual with poster in middle
- ENEMY 2 on two floppy disks
- Update to version 1.28

Both the manual and the game are in German and in English. When the game is started for the first time the desired language is installed (note: the floppy disks will be modified).

ENEMY 2 requires 1 MB of RAM. If necessary the CPU caches and the AGA chipset must be deactivated. WinUAE users will find a compatible configuration file on our website.

About ENEMY 2

ENEMY is an action adventure in the style of the game Flashback. The first part ENEMY: Tempest of Violence was released in 1997 exclusively for Amiga. Unfortunately at the time the Amiga market was already dead, so that only relatively few copies were sold. André Wüthrich, the man behind the project, drew the conclusion and rejected the plans for a second part.

Some years later I contacted him and tried to motivate him for a sequel. At first without success. When I then designed new levels and confronted him with this, things took their course: André took a long thought exchange and we began to continue the story. Unfortunately the source code of the first part no longer existed and a new programming was excluded. We decided to make a continuation on the basis of the prequel. Getting out the maximum with given means. Together we reconstructed the level editor and draw new graphics. Because of the very low hardware requirements, there was a lot of headaches: the graphics should not be too big and had to share their color palette with the game figure, the shadow effects as well as the panel. Additional colors had to be patched in the main file of the game. A bit easier was the level design. We had extensive possibilities in the creation of new playing cards. In conjunction with the new graphics and the ability to define the abilities and intelligence of each character, new puzzles have been created for the player. Thus, even those who have mastered the first part will receive enough new brainteasers in ENEMY 2.
Due to the complexity and the length of the game as well as the technical limitations, the development lasted over four years. In 2013 the game was finished. We translated it into English and published it as a free download version.

A classic-style publication on storage medium with manual and box was not realistic for us, as it is still exclusive to the Amiga. On tireless pressure from some fans I calculated the potential production costs and started on A1k.org a survey - with a surprisingly positive result. In addition, I was able to buy a larger lot of DD diskettes and with Ogan Kandemiroglu I was given a well-known artist (thanks to nujack). His father, Celal Kandemiroglu, has among other things drawn covers for the Rainbow Arts games and covers for the german mag Amiga Joker. So I had confidence and gave Ogan the job. Both - a cover art and the DD floppy disks - were terms for an original production and finally fulfilled. This summer I started with the realization. The design of the packaging is consciously based on the first part - who owns this rarity can look forward to the following series:

http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...9&d=1481059159

Ordering

We offer the Collectors Edition for a donation of 15.00 EUR + shipping costs. Shipping costs 1.70 EUR (Germany) and 4.10 EUR (worldwide). If you take two copies you have to pay for shipping only once!

The telescope box is sent unfolded to avoid transport damage and to keep the shipping costs low. Instructions for folding the box are available on our homepage.

Please use the order form on our homepage because I am not able to look here around regulary. Thank you.

www.anachronia.ch

Predseda 07 December 2016 00:24

Ordered yesterday! :agree

crack 07 December 2016 00:48

8 Attachment(s)
And here are some pictures of the Collectors Edition :)

AMIGASYSTEM 07 December 2016 21:34

Great Game

DamienD 07 December 2016 22:32

Looks cool crack :agree

...I've never gotten around to trying the 1st or 2nd release; but will now :great

Looks like the TOSEC guys have missed the following in their latest DATs:

a) the updated Enemy: Tempest of Violence v1.04_Easy-Play.
b) Enemy 2 - Missing in Action v1.28.

I'll drop a note in their thread ;)

Irek´72 08 December 2016 16:17

Thanks for the fast shipping. The box and the content looks really good.
Good job crack!:great

https://abload.de/img/sdc13792lbpq6.jpg

Predseda 08 December 2016 16:19

You have TWO boxes of the first part??!!

It took me a year to find one!

Irek´72 08 December 2016 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1127203)
You have TWO boxes of the first part??!!

It took me a year to find one!

I have bought the first part right after the release date. In the nineties there were no problem while finding and buying amiga games.;)

Neil79 09 December 2016 02:53

and the article is DONE!

http://www.indieretronews.com/2016/1...quel-to_9.html

:great

nujack 09 December 2016 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil79 (Post 1127323)

Coverart was done by Ogan Kandemiroglu not Celal Kandemiroglu. :)

Neil79 09 December 2016 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by nujack (Post 1127369)
Coverart was done by Ogan Kandemiroglu not Celal Kandemiroglu. :)

Even though I didn't write it, it's been fixed.

At least that's the only ahem positive comment we've had so far on EAB :lol

crack 10 December 2016 18:15

Thanks folk!
Yes Cover Art was done by Ogan Kandemiroglu.
And the box of the prequel is nowadays really rare.

@Neil79:
Thank you for the review on Indie Retro News - fine :)

BarryB 11 December 2016 21:08

Ordered!

Is Enemy 1 still available to buy?

Neil79 11 December 2016 21:33

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by crack (Post 1127616)
Thanks folk!
Yes Cover Art was done by Ogan Kandemiroglu.
And the box of the prequel is nowadays really rare.

:great

Irek´72 11 December 2016 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1127819)
Is Enemy 1 still available to buy?

Yes, somtimes on Ebay ;)

BarryB 12 December 2016 02:10

Any chance of a new run from the original authors?

DrBong 12 December 2016 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irek´72 (Post 1127246)
I have bought the first part right after the release date. In the nineties there were no problem while finding and buying amiga games.;)

Yes, same here. The game received wider distribution outside German-speaking countries after Alive Mediasoft secured the rights in the UK to the game ~2 years after initial release. That's when I bought my copy IIRC. Now the game would be much harder to find I imagine, even on Ebay, as it wouldn't have sold huge numbers given it was late-ish 1990s release.

Anyway, great to see retro games still being released by devs in good old-fashioned boxes in 2016! :great :spin

Anachronia 13 December 2016 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1127879)
Any chance of a new run from the original authors?

I'm very sorry, but no, no chance.

Predseda 13 December 2016 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anachronia (Post 1128100)
I'm very sorry, but no, no chance.

Which is a good news for the proud owners of the original :agree

Neil79 13 December 2016 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1128104)
Which is a good news for the proud owners of the original :agree

Agreed :great

I was planning to sell mine, but it wouldn't be cheap!