English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Retroaction - A new PDF Retro Magazine (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=42456)

Retro-Nerd 06 February 2009 22:34

Retroaction - A new PDF Retro Magazine

http://www.retroactionmagazine.com/c...Acover0001.jpg

Quote:

Regulars:
Raiders of the Lost Arcades - Battle Plan! Vol. 5
Unfortunately, the arcade is becoming extinct as a gaming platform, so we take a trek back through time - using MAME's random generator - to relive some of the arcades greatest, worst, and indifferent games.

Retro Respect - Jill of the Jungle
We've all missed a minor classic during our time. we resurrect the forgotten classics, the misunderstood, the underdogs, the games that are actually quite good, but never gained the attention or accolades it deserved.

GamesMaster Lookback
Lookback at an episode of the classic GamesMaster television show. Challenges, games, celebrities, Dominik. Series one, episode one gets the 'Lookback' treatment for issue one.

Computer Warrior
Memoirs of the Computer Warrior, from the 1980s Eagle comic strip, where gamers discover how to play computer games for real, virtually. We start where it all began with the first story arc.

Retro Respect - Speedball 2
Bitmap Borthers' finest game gets the Retro Respect treatment.

The Weird and Wonderful World of Retrogaming
There have been some truly strange games released in the past. This is our feature where we dig up some of these weird and daft games from yesteryear. Sensible Train-Spotting is first up.

Reviews:Legend of Wukong
Sub Hunter
Perfect Fit

Shoot Redux

Sudoku

Albatrosity

Interviews:
John Wilson
- (a.k.a. the Balrog) of Zenobi Software
Brandon Cobb
- President of Super Fighter Team (the developer/publisher of Legend of Wukong)
Paul Kooistra - developer of CPC game Star Sabre

Features:
Retro Remakes Competition 2008
The competition, all the categories, all the games...

Clash of the 8-bits
Mark Hall takes on the CPC, C64, and ZX Spectrum to discover which machine has the best version of Space Harrier.

Amsoft - A Personal Experience
Richard Goulstone relives some of his fondest memories of Amsoft; the company, the games, and the experience.

Emulator Profile - DOSBox
Duncan Rule informs us all about the number one DOS emulator.
Just read it. It's pretty good for a first issue. :)

http://www.retroactionmagazine.com/

prowler 06 February 2009 23:30

Thanks for the link, Retro! :great

That site's well worth visiting regularly. :)

prowler

PS. I will read the magazine later. ;)

pubzombie 07 February 2009 00:22

yeh dudes i thought it was good. signed up to the forum the other day.
see you there i hope

Cammy 07 February 2009 01:55

Anyone who visits this website DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK TO "Psytronik Software" if you're using Winblows! It puts a virus in your craputer when the page loads!

Merlin 11 May 2009 23:19

Issue 2 of Retroaction magazine was launched this morning; go get it lads, and lasses....

http://www.retroactionmagazine.com/c...ront_cover.jpg

prowler 11 May 2009 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin (Post 546620)
Issue 2 of Retroaction magazine was launched this morning; go get it lads, and lasses....

:great

Graham Humphrey 11 May 2009 23:54

Looks very interesting, will have to give this a read :)

Sensi 12 May 2009 00:24

ZX Spectrum articles in issue 2 :crazy And MAME. And other cool stuff :spin
I missed issue 1, thanks for the link, for the thread, you are sugar Retro :D

kriz 12 May 2009 05:40

Cool, thx!

cosmicfrog 12 May 2009 09:22

and as if I did`t have enough to read and do already heheheh

thanks for the update M

laters
cosmic

chiark 12 May 2009 16:13

retr0brite :D

Merlin 12 May 2009 17:34

I know...:D:D:D

sink 12 May 2009 18:28

thk very nice stuff!

Retro-Nerd 19 October 2009 14:03

http://www.abload.de/img/retroactionissue38yrm.jpg

Quote:

Features:
On the Cutting Edge of Sci Fi Adventuring: Blade Runner
We look at Westwood's epic sci-fi adventure, and chat with the main man behind the game's production Louis Castle.

Ghostbusters Through the Ages
With Ghostbusters getting a current-gen update, we thought this was the perfect time to look back at the various games, ports, remakes, and sequels.

Retro Fanzines
Retrogaming enthusiasts have been creating their own fanzine publications for over 20 years. We racked our memories and hunted around the ‘net to find out more.

Twilight of the Spectrum, part 2
We continue our trek through the Spectrum’s twilight years in Eastern Europe.

Computer Warrior, part 3
Further adventures of the Computer Warrior comic strip, from the 1980s Eagle comic, where gamers discover how to play computer games within the computer's realm.

Atari STE: What Could Have Been
We look at the history of the Atari STE and think of what could have been Atari's resurgence in the 16-bit computer market.

Interviews:
Louis Castle
We talked to Louis Castle about everything Blade Runner, and how it all came to be.

Tom Livak
A special preview / interview with Tom Livak on his NES game GemVenture.

Clyde "Mato" Mandelin
We speak to lead translator, Clyde Mandelin (a.k.a. Tomato, or just Mato), about the epic Mother translating projects.

Mukunda "eKid" Johnson
We caught up with Mukunda Johnson to discuss his PDROMs compo winning SNES game Skipp and Friends as well as his other projects.

Regulars:
Retroscene
The latest happenings in the world of retrogaming.

Emulator Profile: STEEM
Often cited as the emulator of choice for Atari ST gamers, and with good reason.

Retro Respect: Magic: The Gathering
We've all missed a classic during our time (I know I have). This is where we pay respect to the forgotten classics, the misunderstood, and the underdogs.

Killer App: F-Zero
These are the games that are so outstanding that you would buy the system just to play that game. The essential games that every retro gamer should play.

Raiders of the Lost Arcades: Aliens vs. Predator
Unfortunately, the arcade is becoming extinct as a gaming platform, so we take a trek back through time to relive some of the arcades' greatest and underrated games.

Retro Respect: Defender of the Crown
Cinemaware’s classic arcade strategy gets the Retro Respect treatment.

How to Cause a Complete Controversy: Revenge of General Custor
Forget the GTAs and Manhunts; games were causing controversy from as far back as the 8-bit days. We look at the controversy that surrounded these games.

Retro Respect: RoboWarrior
The underrated NES game gets our overdue respect.

The Weird and Wonderful World of Retrogaming: UnSensible World of Cannon Moon Soccer Meets Bulldog Blighty
There have been some truly strange games, demos, and cover disks released in the heyday of retrogaming. This is where we dig up some of these weird and daft creations.

Reviews:
Skipp and Friends (SNES)
Knight Lore (MSX2)
Knight ‘N’ Grail (C64)
Kuiper Pursuit (ZX Spectrum)
r0x (Atari STE)
Nanako in Classic Japanese Monster Castle (Amstrad CPC)
La Corona Encantada (MSX, ZX Spectrum)
Biniax 2 (ZX Spectrum)
Infection (C64)
Gommy: Midievel Defender (ZX Spectrum)
International Soccer (PC Windows)
Shift (MSX2)
Legion of the Damned 2 (C64)
Factory Daze (ZX Spectrum)
Kung Fu II (PC Windows)
Poomania (GBA)
Berzerk Redux (C64)
Rambo (PC Windows)
Sudoku Master (Amstrad CPC)
Biohell (ZX Spectrum)
DOWNLOAD

cosmicfrog 19 October 2009 17:28

kewl
thanks for letting us know

Zeewolf 19 October 2009 21:06

Thanks for the link mate. I'm off next week so this will give me something to read. Looks good.

prowler 19 October 2009 21:35

Thanks once more, Retro! :great

Cammy 19 October 2009 22:48

I really enjoyed the latest issue, I'm glad we have so many people working on quality retrogaming and classic computing magazines still :)

Retro-Nerd 14 August 2010 14:10

http://www.abload.de/img/retroaction_issue_4w6t7.jpg

Quote:

Features:
Killer App: Strider
A game that is so outstanding that you would buy the system just to play that game. The essential games that every retro gamer should play. This issue, it’s Strider for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.
Retro Respect: Raid on Bungeling Bay
We’ve all missed a classic during our time (I know I have). This is
where we pay respects to the forgotten classics, the misunderstood, and the underdogs. Will Wright’s classic C64 game finally gets some retro respect.
Retro Respect: Feud
We also pay some respect to the classic 1987 ZX Spectrum game from the development team of the Pickford Brothers.
Emulator Profile: ZX Spin
We take a look at ZX Spin, one of the most popular emulation packages for one of the most popular home computer of its time, the ZX Spectrum.
Reviews:
Armalyte (PC)
The classic C64 shoot-‘em-up recently got the PC remake treatment. We take it for a playtest.
Zaku (Atari Lynx)
The long forgotten Atari Lynx handheld console gets a long a waited new game released for it. Zaku zooms into our review section.
Interviews:
Jason ‘Kenz’ Mackenzie
The man behind Psytronik Software – as well as other retro ventures – tells us all about his journey through retroland.
Brandon Cobb & Osman Celimli
To accompany our review of the Atari Lynx game, Zaku, we spoke to
developer/designer Osman Celimli and publisher Brandon Cobb about the game and Super Fighter Team.
Out-of-Print Archive
Co-founders Andy De Wilde and Carl Williams spoke to us about their classic videogaming magazine preservation project.
Regulars:
Retroscene
Major happenings in the world of retrogaming.
Subscribe/Back issues
Keep up to date with the Retroaction website for retrogaming news, reviews, interviews and articles.
Recommended retro
Where we recommend other retrogaming media, including ezines, podcasts and more.
Computer Warrior
Part four of our coverage of the Computer Warrior comic strip, which was published in the Eagle comic from 1985-1994, where gamers discover how to play computer games within the computer’s realm.
DOWNLOAD

lucadip 14 August 2010 18:27

I missed the previous issues: would anybody be so nice and zone them, torrent them, "whatever" them? :)