English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Gods - which is the best version (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=37354)

TCD 17 June 2008 16:21

Gods - which is the best version

Okay, now I need to know what you guys think. Which is the best version of Gods. Because there can only be one, I made a poll ;).

For me it's the original Amiga version. Nicest colors, music and sound effects :)

Yoto 17 June 2008 16:28

I´ve only played the PC and the Amiga versions, and Amiga is far better!!!

Retroplay 17 June 2008 17:25

Having played all versions available I must say that I find the SNES version best.
However the Amiga is a close 2nd, I just like the faster gameplay the SNES version has to offer.

Ian 17 June 2008 18:04

Currently, seven people are wrong or haven't even played the SNES version making their vote null and void.

TCD 17 June 2008 18:16

Played all versions, Amiga is first. We'll see how many people are wrong too ;)

humble worm 17 June 2008 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yotoxionomai (Post 424128)
I´ve only played the PC and the Amiga versions, and Amiga is far better!!!

the same here

Retro-Nerd 17 June 2008 18:24

I haven't seen a perfect Gods version. There are some technical flaws like in the most Bitmap games, i still prefer the Amiga game.

laser 17 June 2008 18:29

megadrive version for me is better....anyways all the others versions are very good as well
the snes version is very fast...amiga and dos are slow....but the megadrive version got the correct speed

but maybe this cat have the answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxrg0uAGQo

btw,I have seen this cat in a pic in this forum...who the hell is the owner of that cat?

alexh 17 June 2008 18:38

Where is Jean-François Fabre's remake? I want to vote for that :)

TCD 17 June 2008 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by laser (Post 424173)
but maybe this cat have the answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxrg0uAGQo

btw,I have seen this cat in a pic in this forum...who the hell is the owner of that cat?

The music in the video is only mono :D I wonder if the guy that recorded the video knows that there are two more tracks in the song ;)

Ian 17 June 2008 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 424166)
Played all versions, Amiga is first. We'll see how many people are wrong too ;)

Yes, lets see how many people are wrong on an Amiga forum indeed.

All of them. Some of us are a deluded bunch, I dare say many of us believed it when we were told the Amiga version of a game was arcade perfect too :lol

SNES has more colours, same sound effects, music in game and has faster gameplay.

Galahad/FLT 17 June 2008 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 424195)
Yes, lets see how many people are wrong on an Amiga forum indeed.

All of them. Some of us are a deluded bunch, I dare say many of us believed it when we were told the Amiga version of a game was arcade perfect too :lol

SNES has more colours, same sound effects, music in game and has faster gameplay.

The faster gameplay of the SNES version ruined it for me.

No doubt about it, both the Megadrive and SNES versions were better technically, but then they didn't have to have the Atari ST in the equation.

Sometimes less, is more, and Gods is a perfect example of that.

The music in SNES Gods during the game is music for the sake of it.

Amiga1992 17 June 2008 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 424160)
Currently, seven people are wrong or haven't even played the SNES version making their vote null and void.

Agreed with Ian.
A poll like this will never give proper results in a land of fanboyism.

I'll prove myself here

Sensi 17 June 2008 20:11

A M I G A version is the best :D

TCD 17 June 2008 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 424216)
I'll prove myself here

Prove what? I was just curiuos what other people think about it. Well now everybody is invited to make a poll about a Miggy game that got converted :D Maybe we find one that the 'fanboys' here find better on another platform ;)

Harrison 18 June 2008 22:39

Some of you are arguing that the Amiga version was slower than the SNES/Megadrive versions. However you all seem to have forgotten that the game was originally coded on the Amiga and then later ported to the other systems. Therefore the Amiga version is the original and therefore the correct speed.

For me the Amiga version is the best. The colours are much nicer than the over saturated over coloured sprites and backgrounds of the console versions. As for the music. Do we really need music during the gameplay to distract us?

TCD 18 June 2008 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 424124)
For me it's the original Amiga version. Nicest colors, music and sound effects :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison (Post 424709)
However you all seem to have forgotten that the game was originally coded on the Amiga and then later ported to the other systems. Therefore the Amiga version is the original and therefore the correct speed.

Not all I must insist ;)

oneshotdead 19 June 2008 02:48

There is only one version of Gods: the Amiga one :)

laffer 19 June 2008 03:26

Only Amiga... makes it possible, only Amiga... makes it happen.. tamdidum :laughing

humble worm 19 June 2008 10:24

for some fast gameplay seems to be value itself. I love gods for many reasons, one of them is that the gameplay is slow. I've never liked fast platformers :)