English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Winuae 040/060 libs missing (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=101208)

utukku 09 March 2020 13:53

Winuae 040/060 libs missing

Hi, need some help ( as I'm now getting desperate! ). I'm setting up a 16gb sandisk cf card up for an A4000 with 040 card, using the very latest winuae, and 3.1.4 install disks. I am also using 3.1.4 rom file. I have formatted trhe 1st partition and installed workbench without errors. But When trying to boot off the fresh install, I get an error saying 040/060 detected, but no libs etc. So I got the 040/libs from aminet, copied them to the LIBS folder on the fresh install on CF card. But it still keeps up with the same missing libs error? what am I missing?

Cheers

utukku

DamienD 09 March 2020 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by utukku (Post 1383993)
Hi, need some help ( as I'm now getting desperate! ). I'm setting up a 16gb sandisk cf card up for an A4000 with 040 card, using the very latest winuae, and 3.1.4 install disks. I am also using 3.1.4 rom file. I have formatted trhe 1st partition and installed workbench without errors. But When trying to boot off the fresh install, I get an error saying 040/060 detected, but no libs etc. So I got the 040/libs from aminet, copied them to the LIBS folder on the fresh install on CF card. But it still keeps up with the same missing libs error? what am I missing?

Cheers

utukku

The 040 libs are usually on the Workbench disks; well, they are on WB 3.1 anyway and will get installed into the "Libs" folder :agree

...as for 060 libs, you would need to download / add manually. You can grab from here, amongst other places: http://phase5.a1k.org/

utukku 09 March 2020 14:48

that's the thing, I have downloaded both the 040 & 060 libs from aminet ( same as the phase5 ones) and put them in the libs folder on the cf card. but still boots up and tells me I have not got them.

DamienD 09 March 2020 14:50

I don't know then; I've also never used 3.1.4 as personally I have no need.

Just for interests sake, have you tried with standard 3.1 and what happens there?

utukku 09 March 2020 15:25

that's my next step :-)

Thomas Richter 09 March 2020 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by utukku (Post 1383993)

Reading the documents, for starters. (-; No, really: If you go for the MuLibs based processor libraries, you *do* want to use the installer that comes with them. Really.

If you insist: You also need to copy the mmu.library to libs, won't do without, and will even warn you if not available.

For emulation purposes, I believe you don't need the library in first place, but Toni could say more.

utukku 09 March 2020 18:55

Tried that, read the document and I have copied the libs into the LIBS: folder. but still get the warning on bootup ( within WInUAE )

Toni Wilen 09 March 2020 18:56

I recommend to configure them correctly.

Less confusing side-effects if transferring your WB setup to real hardware, enabling emulation mode that emulates missing instruction exceptions, using MMU emulation etc..

Also some programs probably complain if 6888x exec attnflag is not set. And finally CPU command won't show enabled caches (and 6888x) and user will blame someone innocent :)

Thomas Richter 10 March 2020 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by utukku (Post 1384056)
Tried that, read the document and I have copied the libs into the LIBS: folder. but still get the warning on bootup ( within WInUAE )

Without seeing what "the warning" is, it is hard to judge. But if the warning says that the CPU libraries are missing, then the best guess is that this is truly the case.

So, for starters, why don't you show the contents of LIBS: here?

utukku 10 March 2020 11:42

Guy's thanks for the help. SInce yesterday, I seemed to have solved the problem. Although I had copied the 040/060 libs into the workbench LIBS: folder ( on the CF card bootable partion ) everytime I rebooted within winuae, I ket getting the warning stating that the libs were missing, and would not boot any further.

I eventually put the card in the 4000D and booted up, I still got the libs missing warning, but I was able to continue to boot up the rest of the way. Now, I had copied these libs and other stuff into a folder on the workbench folder, so I could then re copy the 040/060 libs into the LIBS: folder. I rebooted ( still on the A4000D ) and everything went well, with no warning.

So, I am at a loss as to why it didn't seem to work in Winuae ( and I'm not suggesting a bug! ). One thing I did do as an extra, was to copy the contents of the A4000 Modules disk, which was not asked for during the intial WB installation, into the various folders.

Any way, persaverance and stubboness carried the day. I now have 2 cards setup, with images saved for emergencies.

Thanks Again!

utukku

Thomas Richter 10 March 2020 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by utukku (Post 1384244)
One thing I did do as an extra, was to copy the contents of the A4000 Modules disk, which was not asked for during the intial WB installation, into the various folders.

The modules disk is only asked for if you do not have a 3.1.4 ROM installed (virtually, in winUAE, or physically). You do not need it if you have a ROM.