English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Other (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   OS 3.1.4 and issues with MUI (plus other things) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=96532)

acidbottle 03 March 2019 08:35

OS 3.1.4 and issues with MUI (plus other things)

ok, not sure where to throw this so here will have to do. not sure Hyperion would help with these specific issues either :D

recently upgraded my a1200 030 with 3.1.4 roms, installation when surprisingly smooth to. I use an ide cf card 16gb from amigastore. i upgraded this to bestwb and threw some stuff on via winuae 4, set up as closely as possible to my real amiga.

i cannot get mui to install at all, tried old versions but not 5. im led to believe the mui install is buggy and it simply wont run on 3.1.4. is this true or has anyone achieved the impossible?!

this leads me to wonder if i can run any web browser, ibrowse and voyager need mui and aweb flat out crashes on my install.

a particular game, simcity2000 runs fine on this os, through winuae. however, on the real amiga it crashes when run. its aladdin's WHD generic install. what gives here, sounds like hardware fault on the 1200?

lastly, max screenmode i can achieve is PAL high res, 640x480. I run the amiga through a hd 1080 tv (via OSSC) so assume im restricted. I know indivsion does flicker fixers for AGA but as you will know these are difficult to come by! is there any monitor type i can use to boost my screen res, 800x600 would be great. quick googling doesnt find too much info about this, at least in regards to hd tv use.

many thanks in advance if anyone can steer me to any clues to these issues.

McTrinsic 03 March 2019 09:48

I can assure you that 3.1.4 is perfectly working together with MUI. I used 3.8 with all kinds of tests.

Have you tried SnoopDOS to find out where the install hangs?

acidbottle 03 March 2019 10:17

Thanks McT, at least I know its possible, will try 3.8 specifically and persevere. Good call on snoopdos, forgot about so many programs we used to use :)

McTrinsic 03 March 2019 10:47

I know what you mean.

Sometimes the answers are right before you. Or it’s just too long ago. Back in the days I knew really all spells from Bards Tale I from top of my head. It’s all gone now :) .

gatti 03 March 2019 10:52

Maybe you reached the failat level bug from 3.1.4?

McTrinsic 03 March 2019 10:55

@gatti
I installed MUI 3.8 with 3.1.4 before. So it’s not 3.1.4 as such.

AMIGASYSTEM 03 March 2019 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbottle (Post 1308372)
Thanks McT, at least I know its possible, will try 3.8 specifically and persevere. Good call on snoopdos, forgot about so many programs we used to use :)

It tested and works with MUI 3.x, MUI 4.x, MUI 5.x, but it has some incompatibilities, I found that with AmiModRadio it behaves stale, you can read HERE, no problem with OS 3.1, OS 3.9, OS 3.9 BB/1/2/3/4 instead, I'll do more test OS 3.1.4 on other MUI applications.

Screenshot OS 3.1.4 MUI 3.8

AMIGASYSTEM 03 March 2019 11:24

About the problem AmiMoRadio I solved and found the remedy, it was a stupid thing, once the GUI was restricted to only the Player and saved the GUI the problem of the three faces of the GUI disappeared.