English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Jumping around in Dragon Ninja (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=4743)

Tim Janssen 23 May 2002 09:41

Jumping around in Dragon Ninja

Stupid question: How do I let my character jump to the left or to the right in Ocean's Dragon Ninja? I have tried some joystick/ firebutton combinations but with no luck.

enigma 23 May 2002 12:06

I think your press the fire button and push the joystick upwards then you release the fire button and you jump high... as long as you are mid-air you can move either to the left or either to the right. You have to practice to get good in doing this if you don't like losing lives in stupid locations. :cheese

Tim Janssen 23 May 2002 13:09

Merci

Thanks for the solution, Enigma. I will try it out tonight.
In level 2 of Dragon Ninja where the hero must fight his way on a truck it is necessary to jump over gaps – maybe I will get to the next level this time.:D

enigma 23 May 2002 16:49

Anytime, but unfortunatelly I am not able to help at all times and it takes me too much to read all the new posts! :scream

fiath 23 May 2002 16:58

I *so wish* more Amiga games and joysticks used 2 buttons. Dragon Ninja jump over the gaps on the truck is a piece of piss on the arcade version - just one button press. This was tested by me on my original pcb btw :)

7-Zark-7 23 May 2002 19:37

And you think it's "fun" trying to do the moves on the 'miggy version of Dragon Ninja? Try the C64 version-even cracked & trained it's still a pain to play!

Shatterhand 24 May 2002 05:14

I remember having lots of trouble when I 1st got Dragon Ninja for Amiga, because of this jumping problem. After sometime, I got the hang of it. If I remember correctly, you push UP, then you push LEFT or RIGHT right after. I think there's no need for the "Big Jump", as if I remember correctly, he will not do it if there's no other platform above.

It's no stupid question, by the way :)

§ane 24 May 2002 09:28

Yep, tap up on the joystick, then immediately hold forward, this being the direction you're facing (left or right).

Kodoichi 24 May 2002 18:18

Quote:

Originally posted by Shatterhand
I think there's no need for the "Big Jump", as if I remember correctly, he will not do it if there's no other platform above.
The big jump is also possible if there's no platform above you. I think in the truck level it's impossible to jump over the gaps without the big jump and your sprite even needs to be placed more than half over the truck.

Frog 24 May 2002 19:14

Be a rabbit

I remember very well this game on Atari ST, as often Ocean coin-up conversion provide good gfx but code was not as good as gfx. The game was so slow that it was easier to jump. When i saw the Amiga version i was simply amazed by his speed. Level 2 with the truck took ages on ST to end (think you only have few "wagons") whereas on Amiga it look likes a pure travel quickly turn into knightmare due to those jump.

Shatterhand 26 May 2002 02:08

Truck level is level 2, right?

I never had trouble with level 2, but I remember having problem with level 3 because of the jump problem...

Oh, I remembem being able to big jump in the truck level, when you fall from the truck, you can use big jump to get back to truck before your energy goes completely away...

Or am I confusing this with the MSX version? Can't remember now.. :)

CFou! 03 December 2019 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Janssen (Post 48324)
Stupid question: How do I let my character jump to the left or to the right in Ocean's Dragon Ninja? I have tried some joystick/ firebutton combinations but with no luck.

indeed jump is a nightmare with Bad Duds vs Dragon Ninja.

i'am working on whdload's patch update with easy jump via joystick/PAD second button...

I hope, i could release it soon ;)

regards.

Retro-Nerd 03 December 2019 17:32

Have you tried this compilation version? Acording to Denis it has a proper jump ingame.

http://hol.abime.net/3793

CFou! 03 December 2019 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd (Post 1362915)
Have you tried this compilation version? Acording to Denis it has a proper jump ingame.

http://hol.abime.net/3793

only 2 supported version with bad jump...

actually beta patch use second button to jump but i must fix original jump

i will add to Denis if the are another better version ;)

Retroplay 03 December 2019 17:40

Wasn't the Les Justiciers version upped somewhere a while back or is my "ram" just playing tricks on me ?

dlfrsilver 03 December 2019 17:57

Ocean has updated Dragon Ninja due to the faulty jump on the original version.

The "Les justiciers" compilation is the only version with the jump enable.

DamienD 03 December 2019 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1362923)
The "Les justiciers" compilation is the only version with the jump enable.

We need a cracked / trained .ADF of this then :cheese

dlfrsilver 03 December 2019 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1362924)
We need a cracked / trained .ADF of this then :cheese

Good idea ;)

CFou! 03 December 2019 19:39

in fact is NTSC version named Bad Dudes which is fixed!!!

up+right+fire to jump

i will replace by second button to jump and fix PAL version

i verifyed 'Les justiciers' is same SPS n°98 (i have compared main code+chksum of disk images)

CFou! 04 December 2019 00:26

1 Attachment(s)
another version for test:
news:
- option to slow down
- Second button/CD32PAd
- fix jump with PAL VERSION (using 2 buttons)

VERSION 1.3: (03-dec-2019 bu CFou!)
- Adapted for WHDLoad 17+
- CFou's colored icon included
- Required memory adjusted to fix missing memory bug
(issues #3348 & #4294)
- Trainer enhanced:
- CUSTOM1=1 tooltype to enable infinite lives
CUSTOM1=2 tooltype to enable infinite time
CUSTOM2=x (1-7) to definite start level
- CUSTOM3=1 tooltype can be used to skip intro
- CUSTOM3=2 Second button/CD32 Pad support for spinning kick (left/right)
and fix jump of PAL version
PAL ->you must press quickly second button + left joy (or right)
NTSC->just press second button for spinning kick left or right
- CUSTOM3=4 used to insert VBL wait (to slow down game speed)
- source code included