English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   From bedrooms to billions: The amiga years! - official film trailer (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=77128)

Greyfox 20 February 2015 23:36

From Bedrooms to Billions: The Amiga Years!

Fell off my chair when I seen this pop up this evening, upon peering over the top of my desktop, watch this unravel and thought WoW! What show stopper and so unexpected for such a film to appear out of the blue considering they have only just released Bedroom to Billions

So hold tight and behold another wonderful must have, can't wait, to see another video game documentary that will capture the essence of the Commodore Amiga in Europe and how it changed the face of computers forever. Now we have Zachary Weddington's "Viva Amiga" which will tell the origins of the Amiga's history in its homeland in America, I feel just won't be present in this one, but I could be wrong, but I think Zach maybe on the borrowed time now and needs to get film released as I don't want the films colliding for your attention this could be a bad thing for both films.

Anyways here's the first teaser trailer for this new documentary :)

And now the kickstarter page, so that you all back this amazing new Amiga film

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he-amiga-years

BarryB 21 February 2015 00:07

I watched FBTB last Saturday, couldn't believe the state of Matthew Smith, time has certainly not been kind to the Manic Miner!!

Steve 21 February 2015 00:36

So that explains why the Amiga was completely ignored in the first documentary! They were saving it all for this one. Talk about double dipping!

Greyfox 21 February 2015 01:19

Yeah looks that way Steve, as I was shocked that no mention of the Amiga,ST, no Pysgnosis, no Gremlin Graphics "Lotus Series" or Cannon fodder etc, as a double sting and we both know we'll pay for it too lol.

All most as shocked as reading near zero mention of the 16-bit era at all in the Ocean Software History of, hardly a full history is it? if a massive half a decade is left out is it?

I just hope to they see this thread, look around and try and nab some real exclusive content you won't get anywhere else, as the trailer has footage we've all seen many years ago before, some homebrew devas that still love the Amiga enough to bring new games to us, the ST conversions to the Amiga etc. There is tons of stuff.

Higgy 21 February 2015 01:25

Omg. Just read my backer email - From Bedrooms to Billions: The Amiga Years.
The god's have answered.

Many thanks

ransom1122 21 February 2015 02:04

Ice Cream!!! Ice Cream!!! :lol

Zippy Zapp 21 February 2015 04:25

Looks Awesome. I am not in the UK, was the first film shown on TV, web or?

Steve 21 February 2015 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy Zapp (Post 1005357)
Looks Awesome. I am not in the UK, was the first film shown on TV, web or?

No, its available on blu-ray and Dvd from their website.

stainy 21 February 2015 13:19

Now all we need is Brian Bagnall`s Amiga book.

BarryB 21 February 2015 17:54

Is this the documentary equivalent of DLC then? They must have already shot the footage when making the first, so is this just another cash grab as is so common nowadays!

LieutLaww 21 February 2015 18:14

No this hasn't been shot yet, they have said they will do a small Kickstarter for the project soon and film in the summer

Lonewolf10 21 February 2015 19:45

Excellent... except my credit card is currently maxxed out :banghead

BarryB 21 February 2015 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LieutLaww (Post 1005466)
No this hasn't been shot yet, they have said they will do a small Kickstarter for the project soon and film in the summer

Huh? That trailer for the Amiga shows lots of clips from the FBTB documentary? Seems kinda strange to not ask those people about the Amiga while making FBTB and then have to go back and bother them again because they decided to make a new film about the Amiga?

Greyfox 21 February 2015 23:16

Yeah, I smell a marketing kipper here, all new .....yes......revisited or newly shot....hmmm.. Sounds like maybe trying to take away the stigma of the DLC idea Barry mentioned :)

I feel although many will back and support This film on kickstarter, I still believe left a bitter taste in a lot of peoples mouth after the last one, as I'm hoping to back this myself and they better of learned from their mistakes on the last one for delays and empty promises on delivering on time this time around etc.

BarryB 21 February 2015 23:48

They simply can't have ignored the Amiga when making FBTB, it's like pretending Microsoft didn't have anything to do with operating systems and focusing on Linux instead then suddenly 'The Microsoft Story' appears!

Codetapper 22 February 2015 00:17

Their (awful looking) official website doesn't even mention the fact the Amiga doco is on the way, yet it's been on Youtube for days?! Very sloppy...

BarryB 22 February 2015 00:54

I'd like to know why they omitted the Amiga/ST from their documentary, we didn't just go straight to consoles when the extremely successful Spectrum/C64 were no longer being sold or supported, or did I simply dream I owned something called an Atari ST and Amiga that had thousands of software titles available for them before consoles arrived?

lifeschool 26 February 2015 15:12

From bedrooms to billions: The amiga years! - official film

YES! You are reading this correctly!!!!

See the Trailer - NOW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu_wD_0xzvA

So much nostalgia!

(At this rate, it will appear before Viva Amiga!)

gimbal 26 February 2015 16:15

Can we fast-forward time please? To be released in 2016, sheesh! This is the ultimate teaser trailer.

Simmo76 26 February 2015 19:04

Now THAT has potential...