English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   quicky about Protext 6.5 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=12249)

yadster 21 December 2003 15:35

quicky about Protext 6.5

Just wondered what the difference is between Protext v6.11 and v6.5. I'm using 6.11 on my newly built 1200 tower with CGX card and it works great but if I saw 6.5 would it be worth upgrading???

A merry chrimbo to you all

Bloodwych 21 December 2003 15:41

I have no idea, but...

....Wow Yadster, an A1200 tower now! You've really gone for the Amiga in a big way since you decided to buy that initial A1200...........

yadster 21 December 2003 15:52

I think I have a problem :) I saw a Mediator for sale cheapish and had to have it, got a cheapy graphics card and voila I now have the Miggy I always dreamt of. It was a pig to set up at times but that was probably more down to my own stupidity but by using the search facility on EAB and with the help of Aminet it's all working tickety-boo now and I now know more about the workings of my Amiga than I ever did 10 years ago when all I had to rely on was Amiga Format and CU Amiga for help.

Bloodwych 21 December 2003 16:14

You've just found a hobby that's all. :)

If you have a digital/web cam, why not start a thread and post a few pics showing your hard work. Some screen caps of the workbench too.

As for chrimbo, you can tell - it's so quiet around here! Looking forward to a sesh on xmas eve, and then that HUGE meal the next day.......followed by fools n horses. :cheese

Hope you have a good one too.:xmas

Severin 21 December 2003 22:04

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the readme file from either 6.5 or 6.53, can't remember which, it was a long time ago :(

But seeing as the Amiga version has been dropped and is no longer available or supported, I'll zone 6.53 if I can find the disks...

yadster 22 December 2003 20:13

Thanks for that Severin, a copy would be appreciated. I've looked high and low and the only site I can find only sells copies for the PC and Atari ST:rolleyes

yadster 23 December 2003 18:51

Quote:

Originally posted by Severin
But seeing as the Amiga version has been dropped and is no longer available or supported, I'll zone 6.53 if I can find the disks...
Many thanks Severin for uploading the file. Will give it a go after Chrimbo. :xmas

mess 30 December 2003 19:56

Hi Yaster

I have protext 6.53 so if you need that.
I can upload it to the Zone for you.

yadster 30 December 2003 20:45

Quote:

Originally posted by mess
Hi Yaster

I have protext 6.53 so if you need that.
I can upload it to the Zone for you.

That would be cool. :great I've yet to try Severin's but the more the merrier.

yadster 30 December 2003 20:50

Quote:

Originally posted by Bloodwych
You've just found a hobby that's all. :)

If you have a digital/web cam, why not start a thread and post a few pics showing your hard work. Some screen caps of the workbench too.

I might do that as it's a bit quiet around here - everybody's Chrimbo'd out I guess :) It's nothing special, no fancy start menu or anything. Just a combination of a clean uncluttered workbench, some Newicons and a shortcut to Protext which I use a lot. My drive is split into three parts, workbench, games and a backup partition that includes a copy of my current setup should anything go wrong as well as backups of all my writing.

yadster 05 January 2004 17:59

Just to thank Severin and Mess for all your help. I installed Protext 6.5 today and all works well. It did actually ask for a reg code which I've never encountered before in previous versions and there was no mention in my manual for 6.11 so I just entered a random 4 digit number and it seems to work.

Cheers again guys and a Happy New Year to you all. :great

Severin 05 January 2004 23:19

The serial info for protext is stored in a file called 'protext.reg' the format is:

Line 1: user name
Line 2: serial number (mine is 30000)