English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.WHDLoad (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Request: install for Reshoot (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=99318)

Puggsy 22 October 2019 16:53

Request: install for Reshoot

This game won't even boot on my CD32. Can anybody make a whdload install?

Retro-Nerd 22 October 2019 16:57

http://whdload.de/games/ReshootR.html

Puggsy 22 October 2019 17:04

That's Reshoot R, I am talking about the 2016 game Reshoot.

Retro-Nerd 22 October 2019 17:07

Ah, ok. :D

DamienD 22 October 2019 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puggsy (Post 1353367)
This game won't even boot on my CD32. Can anybody make a whdload install?

I thought the game should just run on a standard CD32?

https://www.amigashop.org/product_in...roducts_id=273

Puggsy 22 October 2019 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1353385)
I thought the game should just run on a standard CD32?

https://www.amigashop.org/product_in...roducts_id=273

I never have been able to make this run on a CD32 and knowing Lowenstein's attitude and track record am not surprised.

I hope someone can come out and fix this so it would run off a hard drive on any Amiga.

DamienD 22 October 2019 19:45

Can you not just burn the "Reshoot CD32.iso" file from the .LHA archive --> CD and run this on your CD32?

Otherwise, can you not just extract the files from the "reshoot_download.lha" archive to your hard drive and run?

Both of the above are in the purchased archive "Reshoot-Full-Download.lha".

Puggsy 22 October 2019 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1353403)
Otherwise, can you not just extract the files from the "reshoot_download.lha" archive to your hard drive and run?

Of course I can, and I did, and this is why I post here, because it doesn't work. And I do not want to burn an ISO, I said I want to install this in my hard drive. This is why I am posting in the WHDLoad forum!

I started this thread to request a patch creator to make a proper whdload patch for this game, not for people to mansplain me how to use my Amiga but I guess by this point I should be used to this.

DamienD 22 October 2019 22:37

Easy pal; as I said... works fine here just extracting the files to hard drive or using the official CD .ISO.

Don't see any other reports on EAB saying that there are issues, except yours.

...and I believe that Richard tested on numerous different "real" Amiga models so :agree

Puggsy 23 October 2019 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1353433)
works fine here just extracting the files to hard drive

You don't have a CD32 or any real Amiga dude.

Back to topic PLEASE: can anyone make a WHDload install for Reshoot? Thank you.

DamienD 23 October 2019 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puggsy (Post 1353608)
You don't have a CD32 or any real Amiga dude.

So what, I can test in WinUAE ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puggsy (Post 1353430)
And I do not want to burn an ISO

What's so hard about burning a CD and using that in your CD32 console?

Puggsy 23 October 2019 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1353618)
What's so hard about burning a CD and using that in your CD32 console?

What's so hard about ignoring this thread and moving on to matters where you can actually help with instead of derailing this thread?

DamienD 23 October 2019 21:21

LOL :lol

...have fun getting someone to do a WHDLoad version for a game that already works on all Amiga models; except apparently yours (and not to mention the fact that you can't be bothered to burn a CD in order to play on your "real" CD32 console; which is what it's actually made for) :p

Besides, you should be posting this request on WHDLoad Mantis; not EAB.

Anyway, last thing I say in this thread so don't bother replying to my post :agree

Puggsy 23 October 2019 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1353669)
LOL :lol

...have fun getting someone to do a WHDLoad version for a game that already works on all Amiga models; except apparently yours (and not to mention the fact that you can't be bothered to burn a CD in order to play on your "real" CD32 console; which is what it's actually made for) :p

Besides, you should be posting this request on WHDLoad Mantis; not EAB.

Anyway, last thing I say in this thread so don't bother replying to my post :agree

Exemplary mature behavior from a forum moderator. Wait, did you not quit months ago? I don't know if to cry or laugh.

DamienD 23 October 2019 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puggsy (Post 1353687)
Exemplary mature behavior from a forum moderator. Wait, did you not quit months ago? I don't know if to cry or laugh.

...and how about slagging of the author of the game in this thread and also in the "Reshoot R" thread.

Way to go!!! That will really get you far :great

Now you are wasting everyone's time with this silly request; as you cannot be bothered to burn a CD for use on your "real" CD32 (which will actually work) :rolleyes

Do you see any other people having issues here on EAB (or any other Amiga forum for that matter) with a game that was released 3 years ago?

Nope, didn't think so... and I'm sure a few people around here have standard "CD32" consoles and also the "TF330" expansion :agree

I mean, I emulated both setups in WinUAE, but that doesn't seem to count in your eyes.

Rochabian 01 January 2024 21:34

Any news about this WHDLoad install script for Reshoot (first in the series) ?

As we have install scripts for Reshoot-R & Reshoot Proxima 3, it could be great to have an install for this one too, so the trilogy can take place in a WHDLoad Games Launcher

paraj 02 January 2024 21:23

Don't think anyone is working on it, and I doubt anyone will as long as it's still being sold unless of course they happen to own a copy. At least I won't.

Asman 02 January 2024 22:55

I think the best way is to make ticket on whdload mantis bug tracker and perhaps someone will start in some future.

Rochabian 03 January 2024 01:16

Ok i've made a mantis bug tracker ticket about this one. I own a copy of this game if it can help. I don't think they own a copy of each game they are working on BTW. As it's a non commercial tool now and some developpers provide a WHDLoad slave with their games, i don't see why it can't happen. I don't see any reason why Richard can be against this, and there is already slaves for Reshoot-R & Reshoot Proxima 3 not made by Richard.

It's just because the game is less popular than the 2 others of the serie i think
But perhaps i'm wrong

NeoHippie2016 03 January 2024 08:38

I like also Reshoot 1, beneath Part 2 & 3. I'm in favor of an installer to get back to the WB without a reset