English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Coders. Contest (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Discussion: Rygar AGA Edition (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=93545)

Steril707 07 August 2019 11:56

1 Attachment(s)
http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...1&d=1565171746

I made one in MS Paint, you can use that if you want, McGeezer..

vulture 07 August 2019 13:39

Great work mcgeezer! :)
You seem to underestimate hipponios' god-like gaming abilities though :p

mcgeezer 07 August 2019 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steril707 (Post 1336874)
http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...1&d=1565171746

I made one in MS Paint, you can use that if you want, McGeezer..

Superb effort mate. Deffo gonna use this one in the game. :D

mcgeezer 10 August 2019 19:05

Here's a nice first look at one of the special achievement rounds in Rygar AGA, I hope you like it because I certainly do!

@invent is a magician.

These rounds contain all of the power-ups but you have to find them AND you have to find how to unlock the rounds too.

https://youtu.be/gc7MXBdD05s

All rounds just about done now.

Might do a long play later on if I get time.

Geezer

Amigajay 10 August 2019 19:23

Congrats on getting to this stage, amazing willpower for the continued work, glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

ross 10 August 2019 19:23

Awesome :)

Why these new left and right 'borders'?

mcgeezer 10 August 2019 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1337498)
Awesome :)

Why these new left and right 'borders'?

Yeah.... not enough colours in the moon image so had to use colour 0 for the gradient.... round 23 also has this problem but I can live with it.

ross 10 August 2019 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgeezer (Post 1337501)
Yeah.... not enough colours in the moon image so had to use colour 0 for the gradient.... round 23 also has this problem but I can live with it.

Or use BRDRBLNK (in BPLCON3 with BPLCON0\ECSENA=1) :)

mcgeezer 10 August 2019 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1337505)
Or use BRDRBLNK (in BPLCON3 with BPLCON0\ECSENA=1) :)

Two minutes, two lines of code.

Code:

move.w  #BPLCON3,(a1)+                  ; BPL CON
        or.w        #%100000,d2                        ; BRDRBLNK
        move.w  d2,(a1)+
        move.l  d3,(a1)+                        ; Colour Value

move.l  (a0)+,d5
        and.l  #$000f0f0f,d5
        move.l  d5,d3
        lsr.l  #4,d5
        or.l    d5,d3
        lsr.l  #4,d5
        and.l  #$ff,d3
        and.l  #$f00,d5
        or.l    d5,d3

or.l    #$1800000,d3
        move.w  #BPLCON3,(a1)+
        or.w        #%100000,d2                        ; BRDRBLNK
        or.w    #$200,d2
        move.w  d2,(a1)+
        move.l  d3,(a1)+

Ross' God like abilities are shown yet again.

mcgeezer 14 August 2019 23:18

You won't believe how happy I am to see this Orange dude make an appearance in the game. A year in the making and the end is near.

https://youtu.be/4aDN7XzOXpQ

He isn't moving around yet but he will very soon.

Geezer

DamienD 14 August 2019 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgeezer (Post 1338650)
You won't believe how happy I am to see this Orange dude make an appearance in the game. A year in the making and the end is near.

https://youtu.be/4aDN7XzOXpQ

He isn't moving around yet but he will very soon.

Geezer

Yeah I bet that you're extremely happy, so are we ;)

...the amount of time, constant effort / organisation / dedication that you've put in over the past year is absolutely astonishing.

How you've managed to achieve all this is absolutely mind-blowing; and lesser men would have definitely failed :agree

Well done my friend!!! :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

Steril707 15 August 2019 07:43

+1 what Damien said.

What an amazing effort pulling this off in just a year.

jotd 15 August 2019 09:30

One year alone to redo this game 100% 1:1 in assembly, unbelievable. That's probably the best amiga arcade port ever made (and the only AGA one too). And I know Pang, Parasol Stars, Midnight Resistance, Marble Madness...

I hope that when it's over we have a link to download it somewhere. Because for instance right now if I want to get the latest beta I don't know where it is.

mcgeezer 15 August 2019 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1338663)
Yeah I bet that you're extremely happy, so are we ;)

...the amount of time, constant effort / organisation / dedication that you've put in over the past year is absolutely astonishing.

How you've managed to achieve all this is absolutely mind-blowing; and lesser men would have definitely failed :agree

Well done my friend!!! :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steril707 (Post 1338688)
+1 what Damien said.

What an amazing effort pulling this off in just a year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1338699)
One year alone to redo this game 100% 1:1 in assembly, unbelievable. That's probably the best amiga arcade port ever made (and the only AGA one too). And I know Pang, Parasol Stars, Midnight Resistance, Marble Madness...

I hope that when it's over we have a link to download it somewhere. Because for instance right now if I want to get the latest beta I don't know where it is.

Hi praise indeed Gentlemen, thanks you ever so much. Don't forget though it isn't just me that has brought the game to the Amiga.... there are others, without whom I would not have been able to do it.

@jotd... I haven't released a beta for quite a while, the game should be ready at the end of August, it will be a case of debugging, fixing and testing around that time until it's perfected. The game though will not officially be released until 12th October.

I can send you the game earlier if needed if you'd be prepared to create a slave in time for the 12th October?

Geezer

jotd 15 August 2019 14:43

of course you can send me the game earlier. I'd probably need a couple of days depending on my current workload / obligations (this won't be the holidays anymore). But you can also release it as soon as it's ready and notify me...

The cool point pre-releasing it to me is that whdload has a protected env. and could spot access faults that you didn't see and which could trigger undefined behaviour depending on the users amiga configuration (just like all old commercial games with random access faults that we fix). for that I would have to set up a trainer to be able to test it fully, but tell me if you don't want me to include it (if I did, and implemented highscore saving, I would disable saving in case of trainer)

mcgeezer 15 August 2019 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1338778)
of course you can send me the game earlier. I'd probably need a couple of days depending on my current workload / obligations (this won't be the holidays anymore). But you can also release it as soon as it's ready and notify me...

The cool point pre-releasing it to me is that whdload has a protected env. and could spot access faults that you didn't see and which could trigger undefined behaviour depending on the users amiga configuration (just like all old commercial games with random access faults that we fix). for that I would have to set up a trainer to be able to test it fully, but tell me if you don't want me to include it (if I did, and implemented highscore saving, I would disable saving in case of trainer)

Yes that's a good idea...so I guess what you're saying is you're helping with testing which is good.

When done I will send you a link to a private build, however my only stipulation is that a WHDload version does not appear before I officially release it on the 12th October in Germany.

I already have a trainer built into the game so no need for work there.

Shatterhand 15 August 2019 16:04

You may make me play a game on Winuae at 12th October then. I haven't done in AGES, but as I have no AGA machine and I really would love to play your game, you may make me do it :)

jotd 15 August 2019 18:52

@mcgeezer: if I finish the work on the slave, I'll only release the slave package, not the full game. So even if it comes after/before/whatever it's not important (I fully understand you don't want whdload site to distribute your game)

I'll provide the link in the readme as well.

Steril707 15 August 2019 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shatterhand (Post 1338801)
You may make me play a game on Winuae at 12th October then. I haven't done in AGES, but as I have no AGA machine and I really would love to play your game, you may make me do it :)

You should come to Amiga34 in Neuss to witness the world wide release party at our table there.. :D

(Which consists of two dudes sitting next to a small table and drinking beer secretly while playing their self made games while nobody else cares)..

Shatterhand 15 August 2019 22:45

Quote:

You should come to Amiga34 in Neuss to witness the world wide release party at our table there..

(Which consists of two dudes sitting next to a small table and drinking beer secretly while playing their self made games while nobody else cares)..
Only if you come to Rio de Janeiro for the release party of my next Amiga game next year :D :D :P