English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Girly games (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=18796)

Stig 31 May 2005 05:56

Girly games

Any suggestions for good Amiga games that can be enjoyed by a non-dyke 6yo?, I mean, something with pink gradients, pretty bullshit and stuff :D

Amiga1992 31 May 2005 06:29

Have you tried puzzlers? They all seem to work for girls. Also cute platformers like Wonder Dog.

My sister used to go ga-ga with lemmings too.

Stig 31 May 2005 06:56

Hell I go ga-ga with Lemmings, just thought it wasn't that girly :D

Figi 31 May 2005 08:18

My girlfriend is not 6 any more, but she goes crazy whenever I play Superfrog ("cuuuuuute!"). Seems to me that girls need something where even the walls have big, round eyes... ;)

Stig 31 May 2005 09:16

Got the ever gay Bubble Bobble but she doesn't seem to like it a bit :D

KombatSanta 31 May 2005 11:49

How about "puzzle bubble" aka "bust-a-move"? Or "Pang!"

Stig 31 May 2005 13:16

I've noticed she's more of a platformer gamer, but I'm still open to suggestions :D

Spellcoder 31 May 2005 14:10

Try MegaBall 3 or 4 (a breakout clone). The wife of an acquaintance played it a lot. And my girlfriend occasionally tries to top my years old highscores in it :P. Megaball 3 was shareware, 4 was commercial, but nowadays you can download it for free. :spin
You can download the game from Al Mackey's (the guy who did the gfx/music for the game) website: http://www.almackey.com/megaball.html

KombatSanta 31 May 2005 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stig
I've noticed she's more of a platformer gamer, but I'm still open to suggestions :D

Cool, let us know what she thought :xmas

Photon 31 May 2005 19:15

Nebulus all the way. I think the sequels have Pogosticks and robotic horses, even. :cool <-- not.

Mr_Modem 31 May 2005 19:37

I suggest Rodland. Very cute graphics!

plasmatron 31 May 2005 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photon
Nebulus all the way. I think the sequels have Pogosticks and robotic horses, even. :cool <-- not.

NEBULUS ??? No way man. Sure it is cute. But I think it is to hard.

Try Superfrog or Rodland. She will love it. :)

Amiga1992 31 May 2005 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by KombatSanta
How about "puzzle bubble" aka "bust-a-move"?

AMIGA GAMES :P

Nebulus is too damn hard even for me so no no!

How about Mr Nutz?

gogogo13 01 June 2005 09:16

Great Giana SISTERS! (hehe)

Pink 01 June 2005 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stig
Any suggestions for good Amiga games that can be enjoyed by a non-dyke 6yo?, I mean, something with pink gradients, pretty bullshit and stuff :D

Did you try Trolls and Wiz'n'Liz?

Could also try some of the 'frogger' style games. You know the ones where you have to guide the little animal across the road and stop it from being splatted by the evil car thingies? Those are awesome.

Maverick 01 June 2005 12:07

Quote:

How about "puzzle bubble" aka "bust-a-move"? Or "Pang!"
Puzzle Bobble could work, at least it did with my wife. The two player game is great, even my parents like it. I think it has never been portet to the Amiga, but are there any similar Amiga games?

plasmatron 01 June 2005 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick
Puzzle Bobble could work, at least it did with my wife. The two player game is great, even my parents like it. I think it has never been portet to the Amiga, but are there any similar Amiga games?

There are some PD remakes @ AMINET.

Amiga1992 01 June 2005 19:48

Remakes which are shit.

And let's not mention the horripilant Bubble Heroes.

Wiz n Liz is a sure girl winner :great

gimbal 01 June 2005 20:09

Fury of the Furries, Ugh, Chuck Rock 1 & 2, Joe & Mac, B.C. Kid, Baby Joe, lost vikings, prehistorik, Brian the Lion, out to lunch, silly putty

To name a few platformers. Now as for puzzle games:

Chip's Challenge, Clockwiser (that opening animation is so cute it sickens me), Brat, Super Skweek, Tiny Skweeks, the Power (also to cute for comfort), Antago

and you should definitely try out Wizzy's Quest, I know a couple of girls who are completely crazy about that game. This game is not in the HOL (probably PD), but I've seen it on a few emu websites.

That should get you going :)

Figi 02 June 2005 10:33

BTW, my girlfriend is completely addicted to... Tetris. No kidding.