English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tower 57 is OUT! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=89556)

Rufus_11bits 22 November 2017 13:42

Tower 57 is OUT!

Hi there, folks!

I am Rufus from 11 bit studios. We've recently released a very retro and pretty cool game called Tower 57. It was done basically by two guys, Marco and Thomas - so it's a passion project that came to life thanks to their love to retro gaming.

What is Tower 57 exactly?
In a dystopian, dieselpunk world, where Megatowers are the only enclaves of civilization, a group of extraordinary individuals is sent to infiltrate the reclusive Tower 57. Their skills, clips' capacity & the ability to cooperate will decide on their fate.

Tower 57 is a TOP-DOWN TWIN STICK SHOOTER with 16-bit inspired pixel art, destructible environments and heavy focus on CO-OP. It is also a modern take on what made AMIGA games so great back in the days.

If you want to learn more about the game, here are more details: http://store.steampowered.com/app/530950/Tower_57/

And to encourage you to play the game, I decided to share some Steam codes with you. No rules here, first come, first served. :) Please just let others know if you grabbed one of them, ok?

2A7HK-BDZ9Y-FVD4V
ZJM3D-49HM5-H7D2H
PMPKA-2E5PK-3DFKV

Enjoy! :great

BippyM 22 November 2017 13:49

Looks great ;)

Had to snag one :)

Amiga68k 22 November 2017 13:58

Ditto :agree

*Edit: took the third

honx 22 November 2017 14:04

thx alot! i took second key. is it a full key or for beta testing only?
i ask this, because it said "tower 57 for beta testing" or similar. :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amiga68k (Post 1201355)
*Edit: took the third

yeah, third one was my first try, didn't work anymore. :)
was afraid being late again but still tried second key. :D

CodyJarrett 22 November 2017 14:06

I was very tempted to take one of the keys before I approved the news! :)

Amiga68k 22 November 2017 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1201357)
yeah, third one was my first try, didn't work anymore. :D

Hehe, jeah, I thought better take the third in case someone is in the process of getting the second :blased ;)

Amiga68k 22 November 2017 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodyJarrett (Post 1201358)
I was very tempted to take one of the keys before I approved the news! :)

Approving this sort of news should entitle you to obtain a separate code from Rufus_11bits? [/HINT]

Neil79 22 November 2017 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by BippyM (Post 1201353)
Looks great ;)

Had to snag one :)

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=115

:blased Although keys are nice :p

honx 22 November 2017 14:42

will the game be part of gog connect someday?
then i could also unlock it drm free on gog! :D

FOL 22 November 2017 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1201368)
will the game be part of gog connect someday?
then i could also unlock it drm free on gog! :D

Its supposed to be DRM free. Backer stuff, still needs sorting. Don't think any of my rewards have been sorted yet.

It is a cool game, its also quite hard and thats on Normal.

spudje 22 November 2017 17:59

I really love this game, backed the Kickstarter. And for those who missed the keys, it's more than worth the 10 euro it currently costs at Steam.

And of course this game will also be released for NG Amigas!

Rufus_11bits 23 November 2017 11:45

Hi guys,

thanks for letting me know that you used the keys! :) I hope you will enjoy the game!

It's a key for full game. It said "tower 57 for beta testing" because they were codes generated before the release - for beta build. But now, after the release - all those keys become full game keys. :)

@CodyJarrett I appreciate that you didn't! :)

@Amiga68k It does! ;)

Thanks to everyone for your support and kind words! Remember that you can grab the game on Steam, GOG, Humble Store aaaand in many more digital distribution platforms!

Cheers!

Foul 23 November 2017 17:16

Duplicate Product Code... F**k too late... :(

honx 23 November 2017 19:11

did not have the time to install/play the game yet but i already have a question about controller:
will i be able to play tower 57 using my competition pro joystick plugged into retro2usb adapter?
want to play your game like i used to play good old chaos engine on amiga! this would be nice!

Cedric 23 November 2017 19:58

It looks like The Chaos Engine III :-)

jman 24 November 2017 01:34

binge-bought immediately. I've got the double license pack on GOG for $20

Currently playing with my friend (multiplayer via internet). I'm on Win7, he's on OSX. It even works on Linux through Wine.

Controls are OK: keyboard and mouse only (I hoped I could play with my PS2 controller through USB).

Action is tight and the game is hard.

This is a labor of love, my friend and me love it :)

I deserved this after a day of hard work, thank you!

Rufus_11bits 24 November 2017 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1201646)
did not have the time to install/play the game yet but i already have a question about controller:
will i be able to play tower 57 using my competition pro joystick plugged into retro2usb adapter?
want to play your game like i used to play good old chaos engine on amiga! this would be nice!

H!

The problem is that Tower 57, even though retro-inspired, is a little bit more complex than all the retro games.

We were planning to add a special control mode for single button Amiga joysticks (basically once you start firing it locks in the direction you are facing until you stop firing - of course you can still move around in any direction while firing). But of course in order for that to work other actions (such as interact, trade, map, etc.) will still need to be mapped to keys. I hope that makes sense for ya! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jman (Post 1201722)
binge-bought immediately. I've got the double license pack on GOG for $20

Currently playing with my friend (multiplayer via internet). I'm on Win7, he's on OSX. It even works on Linux through Wine.

Controls are OK: keyboard and mouse only (I hoped I could play with my PS2 controller through USB).

Action is tight and the game is hard.

This is a labor of love, my friend and me love it :)

I deserved this after a day of hard work, thank you!

Thank YOU for buying the game and supporting us! This really means a lot, we appreciate it. Glad to hear that you enjoy the experience!

honx 24 November 2017 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus_11bits (Post 1201744)
H!

The problem is that Tower 57, even though retro-inspired, is a little bit more complex than all the retro games.

We were planning to add a special control mode for single button Amiga joysticks (basically once you start firing it locks in the direction you are facing until you stop firing - of course you can still move around in any direction while firing). But of course in order for that to work other actions (such as interact, trade, map, etc.) will still need to be mapped to keys. I hope that makes sense for ya! :)

thanks! meanwhile i already had the chance to play this gem last night! it really brings back memories!
and yeah, it makes sense! buttons for interaction (xbox360 controller: a), tool (x), map (y) and so on...
nonetheless, i'm looking forward trying out this special control mode! thanks a lot in advance!

FOL 24 November 2017 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by honx (Post 1201747)
thanks! meanwhile i already had the chance to play this gem last night! it really brings back memories!
and yeah, it makes sense! buttons for interaction (xbox360 controller: a), tool (x), map (y) and so on...
nonetheless, i'm looking forward trying out this special control mode! thanks a lot in advance!

Be interesting to see how it works on steam link controller. As thats how I have been playing so far. Its impossible to aim and move at same time. So you end up relying on auto aim which can be a bit tricky.

rlake 24 November 2017 20:56

How many Amiga-themed easter eggs are there? I spotted a couple so far!