English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Hardware (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Current state of Indivision AGA 1200 MK2cr? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75000)

emuola 04 September 2014 16:03

Current state of Indivision AGA 1200 MK2cr?

Been drooling on this for a long time now :D How's the current fw-version? Are there any problems with games and/or demos? Running A1200/1230IV@50Mhz/8Gb cf

emuola 05 September 2014 22:14

So, I guess nobody knows? C'mon!

Retrofan 06 September 2014 16:32

I have the first version of the MKII and it works perfect with WB and Games, full screen and using 800x600 with the SuperPlus config or the HighGFX 800x600.
About problems there is a known issue about HighGFX 1024x768 or larger resolutions in Some miggys -in some mobos- that seems also can be fixed.

Actually is the best option for your amiga.

hansel75 06 September 2014 16:44

You won't get any vsync in games and demos, so the scrolling won't be as smooth as a real amiga and it may tear onscreen.

And it can be fiddly to setup, apart from that it's ok, but the lack of vsync support is disappointing.

Amicol 06 September 2014 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by hansel75 (Post 974336)
You won't get any vsync in games and demos, so the scrolling won't be as smooth as a real amiga and it may tear onscreen.

And it can be fiddly to setup, apart from that it's ok, but the lack of vsync support is disappointing.

After some hours of fiddling, I managed to get silky smooth scrolling on games and demos through the Indy mk2. I also get the overscan area with the screen centred

emuola 06 September 2014 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amicol (Post 974339)
After some hours of fiddling, I managed to get silky smooth scrolling on games and demos through the Indy mk2. I also get the overscan area with the screen centred

And it works after reboot also? :) This got me really interested :D

Jope 06 September 2014 20:29

Quote:

I'd love to try your config, please share.

Retrofan 07 September 2014 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jope (Post 974367)
I'd love to try your config, please share.

Yes, if it's full screen and yours I also want to try it, Amicol.

hansel75 07 September 2014 06:39

Quote:

Yes i would like to try your cfg as well, as you have achieved something that virtually everyone else hasn't with the mk2.

And that is having the equivalent of vsync with your smooth scrolls and tear free screen, from a device that doesn't actually support vsync.

Amicol 07 September 2014 11:36

I'll post it in a minute guys, works great on my monitor (HP vs17e).
Hopefully it will also work on ther makes too.
Let me know how you get on...

Amicol 07 September 2014 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrofan (Post 974390)
Yes, if it's full screen and yours I also want to try it, Amicol.

The 15Hz PAL mode is not full screen, intentionally. As a lot of games and demos use the overscan area. It is as centered as possible.

Other modes are full screen for the WB :)

Now in the Zone for you to try for yourself.
If you want it full screen, that's easily changed without affecting the scroll :great

Retrofan 08 September 2014 18:43

Sorry I can not try it these days with the miggy. I would like to know what hansel75 thinks when he can try your config. Thx.

hansel75 09 September 2014 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrofan (Post 974753)
Sorry I can not try it these days with the miggy. I would like to know what hansel75 thinks when he can try your config. Thx.

I will try test out the cfg in the next day or so and report back, been a little busy lately!

emuola 13 November 2014 06:39

@hansel75, did you have time to test the configuration as you planned? Been very busy, almost forgot the whole thread :/

schneidas 13 November 2014 08:44

Quote:

Can you share your settings for this smooth scrolling.
I've tried to get this for hours but the scrolling I get is just laggy/flicky/edgy... nothing smooth here :)

hansel75 13 November 2014 09:52

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneidas (Post 986473)
Can you share your settings for this smooth scrolling.
I've tried to get this for hours but the scrolling I get is just laggy/flicky/edgy... nothing smooth here :)

Hi mate, i have attached Amicol's smooth pal config, i haven't gotten around to testing it yet so let us all know how it goes.

I have also attached my own cfg that i use, it isn't 50hz and scrolling is not perfect with it, but it will give you a nice fullscreen and was as good as i could get it.

schneidas 13 November 2014 10:06

Great!! Thanks a lot hansel & amicol.
I will try these out tomorrow :)

Retrofan 14 November 2014 02:56

Please do it, schneidas. I want to know how it works, and if it doesn't deppend on a monitor brand/model.

Also I am wondering: Amicol you talk about some games that need some overscan area. I would like to know the name of any of those games to try with my actual best Indi config.

Jope 14 November 2014 09:55

It is monitor dependent.

For overscan games, pac-mania is one that springs to mind. Also the WB3.x overscan prefs is a good way of determining whether the maximum screen size fits.

schneidas 14 November 2014 10:31

I will report back as soon as I have tested. Weekend at the latest :D