English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.ClassicWB (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Bloodwych workbench on winuae (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=45447)

synchro 14 June 2009 23:24

Bloodwych workbench on winuae

Can anyone help ??

Either my brain has turned fo sponge or im missing something.....i cant get Bloodwych workbench to look right using the latest winuae ??? Does anyone have a hdf or config i can grab please ?? it loads but looks awful.

Shoonay 14 June 2009 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by synchro (Post 559945)
it loads but looks awful.

wut you mean? got a screenie?

synchro 14 June 2009 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoonay (Post 559946)
wut you mean? got a screenie?

Ye sure i know its sommin stupid but iv lost my old versions due to a crash and my tribute ones dont run on vista...I just cant get the config right :banghead

http://www.tccomputers.info/AMIGA1

Shoonay 15 June 2009 00:00

perhaps simply change the number of colors to higher then 4?

prowler 15 June 2009 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by synchro (Post 559949)
Ye sure i know its sommin stupid but iv lost my old versions due to a crash and my tribute ones dont run on vista...I just cant get the config right :banghead

Hi synchro,

Is there a particular old version which will suit your requirements? If so, I may have it. :)

prowler

synchro 15 June 2009 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoonay (Post 559951)
perhaps simply change the number of colors to higher then 4?

Hence the problem ?? Thats the first thing i did do ?? but still the same !!

synchro 15 June 2009 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowler (Post 559958)
Hi synchro,

Is there a particular old version which will suit your requirements? If so, I may have it. :)

prowler

Hi Prowler
I dunno whats going on... im a little exuasted today so im probably doing something stupid :) working on Tribute III and this would normally be a doddle but its doing my head in .....I just need a great looking workbench for the DVD.
If you can help il give you full credit :)

prowler 15 June 2009 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by synchro (Post 559949)

Whenever I've had garbage on the screen like that, it's turned out to be a DirecxtX problem. Have you installed the latest update?

TCD 15 June 2009 08:08

Hi synchro,

which config do you use in WinUAE? Do other apps/games run fine? Have you tried to start a 'plain' workbench (just the disk)? I have a config I use for ClassicWB at home and will post it later so you can check if it's just a config problem.

synchro 15 June 2009 11:00

Well i copied an older config from winuae 8.5 which wouldnt work in vista and it loads fine now for the moment

It seems that the UAE screen modes were missing from the prefs in workbench. This config has somehow put them back. Thats all i can see so im not sure what was going on or how i would get them using a current winuae config ??? However if anyone has a special workbench they would like included on Tribute III just send the hdf and config and il include it with credits :)

Rabbit80 15 June 2009 11:13

Picasso96 not enabled? Though how i don't know..

Bloodwych 15 June 2009 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit80 (Post 560075)

Spot on. That screen shot is the P96 ClassicWB without P96/RTG memory running. Yes, it appears to be a config problem - did you select some RTG memory in the WInUAE config? Or it could be Vista related, hard to say on such little info.

I take it you tried the config file that actually comes with the pack first? It's nothing to do with drivers actually in the Workbench, unless vista requires a special or updated P96 driver from within Workbench which I doubt.

Anyway, nice to see you are putting together a new Tribute project. I always think your work is fantastic. :great

TCD 15 June 2009 11:44

@synchro
So you got it working now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by synchro (Post 560071)
However if anyone has a special workbench they would like included on Tribute III just send the hdf and config and il include it with credits :)

Er, you mean like a full workbench install on HDF?

synchro 15 June 2009 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 560090)
@synchro
So you got it working now?

Er, you mean like a full workbench install on HDF?

Ye im sure some of you may have awsome custom workbench's that would run directly from the dvd ...just a thought :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwych (Post 560089)
Spot on. That screen shot is the P96 ClassicWB without P96/RTG memory running. Yes, it appears to be a config problem - did you select some RTG memory in the WInUAE config? Or it could be Vista related, hard to say on such little info.

I take it you tried the config file that actually comes with the pack first? It's nothing to do with drivers actually in the Workbench, unless vista requires a special or updated P96 driver from within Workbench which I doubt.

Anyway, nice to see you are putting together a new Tribute project. I always think your work is fantastic. :great

Thanks Bloodwych !!

Dont suppose you want to do a special workbench do you :) one from the master himself !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbit80 (Post 560075)

Yep as stated you were correct !!

Thanks for the reply

Bloodwych 15 June 2009 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by synchro (Post 560163)
Dont suppose you want to do a special workbench do you :) one from the master himself !!

I'm very short of time at the moment, but if you drop me an explaination of exactly what you're after I'll see if I can help. Can't promise anything though - I usually work on the ClassicWB packs at xmas while on my hols! :D