English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Coders. General (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Reverse engineering wiki (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=49465)

copse 13 December 2009 07:03

Reverse engineering wiki

After the suggestion in another thread, I've put together the start of a wiki for people reverse engineering Amiga games/applications/demos.

Ideally, people with a shared interest in disassembling something could get together there and share notes and collect information. Or even just record where they got up to, and share a link to their .rs file.

For a start, it probably has the most comprehensive page on ReSource anywhere, already.

Anyone care to join in?

Link: Amiga reverse engineering wiki.

RedskullDC 13 December 2009 11:11

Good stuff Copse.

Good luck with the site.

Red

pmc 13 December 2009 11:28

Cool site copse. :)

I hope it continues to grow - I don't tend to disassemble very often so I'm not really that experienced with that stuff but it's all information I'd be really interested in reading.

Good work. :great

kriz 13 December 2009 16:34

Cool stuff !!

Jonathan Drain 13 December 2009 16:50

Neat. I've registered an account.

copse 13 December 2009 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedskullDC (Post 624005)
Good stuff Copse.

Good luck with the site.

Red

You've already contributed some of the most useful information, specifically for ReSource. I was just wondering WTF about ReSource not drawing correctly yesterday, and you've given the reason why.

So thanks a lot :great

copse 13 December 2009 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmc (Post 624014)
I hope it continues to grow - I don't tend to disassemble very often so I'm not really that experienced with that stuff but it's all information I'd be really interested in reading.

If you have any thoughts or questions when you do disassemble that the site does not address, but you wonder if it should, mention them here and it will be a good way to fill it out with helpful stuff.

copse 13 December 2009 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Drain (Post 624091)
Neat. I've registered an account.

Hi Jonathan,

You note on the K240 page that you used WinUAE save state editing. Any chance you could add some detail about how to do this and how it helps on a WinUAE tools page?

Cheers :)

Toffee 14 December 2009 00:21

Would be nice to see some dissasembles of some famous Amiga demo effects. It would be a shame if some of those techniques were lost forever :0(

copse 14 December 2009 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toffee (Post 624241)
Would be nice to see some dissasembles of some famous Amiga demo effects. It would be a shame if some of those techniques were lost forever :0(

You can most likely find source code, even in C, these days which reproduces these effecs. This wiki is about enabling you to do that disassembling, feel to disassemble a demo, then document what you discover in a project in the wiki.

sparhawk 02 March 2020 09:48

Any chance to join this site, or is it dead?