English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   MarketPlace (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   FS: Original Cherry Keyboard for A2000 (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=102818)

amiman99 22 June 2020 21:28

SOLD: Original Cherry Keyboard for A2000
 
5 Attachment(s)
Hi, I have one Amiga 2000 Cherry Keyboard for sale.


The keyboard cable was replaced because the old one has an open in few wires. I will include the original cable if you want it.


I tested the keys on my A2000, sometimes the "0' in the numeric keypad has to be pressed more firmly. At least you don't have to worry about plastic membrane disintegrating like in other newer keyboards.

Remember, this is an original A2000 33 year old keyboard.


There is a burnt mark in the front of the keyboard, see pictures.
The keyboard is more yellow than the pictures show.


Price $220 Gift Paypal, shipped. USA only.
Thanks


PS, I will have another working A2000 keyboard for sale later on with missing keys, and maybe another one with bad membrane.

TomXP411 23 June 2020 01:00

Can this keyboard be used on an A500 with an adapter? The membrane on my 500 keyboard is starting to fail, and I need to do something. I've ordered a USB keyboard adapter out of Poland (it's a shim that sits under the CIA), but I'd love to have a legit Commodore keyboard with mechanical key switches.

amiman99 23 June 2020 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomXP411 (Post 1409520)
Can this keyboard be used on an A500 with an adapter? The membrane on my 500 keyboard is starting to fail, and I need to do something. I've ordered a USB keyboard adapter out of Poland (it's a shim that sits under the CIA), but I'd love to have a legit Commodore keyboard with mechanical key switches.

Not this one. For your A500, you can get a PCB membrane (not plastic one) for like $50, and it should last a life time.
I can find you a Ebay link if you want.

TomXP411 23 June 2020 02:21

Thanks, I'll look for that.

I was actually going to transfer the A500 to a desktop case of some sort, so I was either going to use a PC keyboard or an A2000 keyboard. If there's no way to adapt an A2000 keyboard, then I'll either look at the PC keyboard or the new membrane.

Thanks.

amiman99 23 June 2020 02:59

You can use this in your A500:
https://amigastore.eu/682-keyboard-m...00-1200.html#/
or this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HARD-MEMBRA...0AAOSwS4he1AFB

I do have couple keyboard to compare, and I noticed that some A2000 keyboards have same pcb board as A500. The A2000 uses 4pins ti DIN connector, the A500 6pins to motherboard connector.

I think it's easier to get the membrane.

Jope 23 June 2020 09:40

Sure it will work in the A500 with an adapter, only keyboard reset will not be functional out of the box, but with a bit of elbow grease and the A2000 schematics, it is possible to implement.

ElectroBlaster 23 June 2020 15:01

I have too many keyboards, would have bought this one else!

I am very interested to know where you obtained the replacement cable...

Tia :)

amiman99 23 June 2020 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectroBlaster (Post 1409603)
I have too many keyboards, would have bought this one else!

I am very interested to know where you obtained the replacement cable...

Tia :)

Ebay, It's a keyboard extension cable, 6feet, they also have 12 feet long.
I cut the female end off, strip the wire, crimp the connectors, and voila!


In the beginning I was thinking to get a used AT keyboard and use it's cable, but then this idea came to me. It's easier then making new cable from scratch.

I did that on my other A2000 keyboard also, before I had to position the connector side in a specific direction to get the keyboard to work.

amiman99 23 June 2020 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jope (Post 1409556)
Sure it will work in the A500 with an adapter, only keyboard reset will not be functional out of the box, but with a bit of elbow grease and the A2000 schematics, it is possible to implement.

I do have A2000 keyboard that uses exact same PCB board as my A500. So, this one would be easy to convert. The bad part is, the same keyboard has a bad membrane, so it would not help @TomXP411.

amiman99 28 June 2020 16:57

SOLD. Thank you.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04516 seconds with 11 queries