English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Amiga File Server (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   File Download Error 550 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=102424)

Washac 27 May 2020 13:07

File Download Error 550

550 /Commodore_Amiga/Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Demos/0/
100MostRememberedGamesOnThe64_v1.01_Perh?kanSundell&RonBirk.lha: No such
file or directory. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance.

Started to download the WHDload Demos and got the error above at that point I get to choose
<Continue> or <Cancel> if I choose to Continue the download does continue but when finished
says Download incomplete.

enigma776 03 June 2020 19:34

I think the server is down. I can not connect to it either.

StingRay 03 June 2020 19:40

The server will be offline for a while: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=2484

DamienD 03 June 2020 20:06

Yes, and as mentioned:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1404524)
Regarding content uploaded to the EAB File Server.

Each and every one of you who uploaded files / folders knew the rules and accepted them. Before uploading you were supposed to check and remove any dubious content...

It is not mine, nor any other GMod's / FTP admin's responsibility / task to ensure this!!!

How can we possibly; given the amount of data that there is? We trusted you as members to do the right thing...

Moving forward, when I get time I will start going through everything... and hopefully other FTP admins will assist.

A warning though; if we find any content that falls under the category of "not permitted" as specified in the rules... you will receive a ban. The more files that are found, the longer this will be. Any more than 10 "not permitted" files and you will be banned permanently.

So to avoid the above action, really anyone who has uploaded stuff should start going through what it is that they've uploaded; and if "not permitted", inform any GMod / FTP admin of it's whereabouts immediately.

I've now uploaded the latest "filelist.zip" to The Zone!... I would strongly advise that you all get cracking on this mammoth task... I'm not messing around here; this is serious.

This way we can remove the "not permitted" content quicker, shorten the workload on GMods / FTP admins, and hopefully open this resource sooner once it's been totally cleaned.

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1404545)
Update to the above post i.e. you can now all download / go through the "filelist.zip" in terms of your own "~Uploads" folder. It's your responsibility, nobody elses.

I know for a fact that mine is clean and ok so... :agree

Anyone who uploaded "Collections" or anything else moved to other locations; better get cracking!!!

mai 05 June 2020 19:28

Quote:

I'll more than happily just delete.
If my upload folder on EAB FTP contains too much data to check, just delete whole content!

DamienD 05 June 2020 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 1405512)
If my upload folder on EAB FTP contains too much data to check, just delete whole content!

That's the spirit the mai!!! :great

Why don't you check it yourself; like most others listed here are doing?

mai 05 June 2020 20:22

So you expect that everyone check his own folder, but that would mean you expect that every single user has a copy of his FTP upload folder on his local HDD!?
The uploaded filelist is not useful if you have not the files anymore or the files are hidden somewhere on any external storage disk!:shocked

is each single rom in Commodore Amiga - Firmware (TOSEC-v2017-10-17_CM) forbidden to upload?

DamienD 05 June 2020 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 1405528)
So you expect that everyone check his own folder, but that would mean you expect that every single user has a copy of his FTP upload folder on his local HDD!?

No, you check through the "filelist.zip" file that I put in The Zone!

So let me get this straight... you're expect me, BippyM and Ian to do absolutely everything???

We have enough to do without member's ~Uploads folders; and I've already done over 160 of them...

You only have to your own ~Uploads folder... and let's be honest:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1404524)
Each and every one of you who uploaded files / folders knew the rules and accepted them. Before uploading you were supposed to check and remove any dubious content...

It is not mine, nor any other GMod's / FTP admin's responsibility / task to ensure this!!!

Quote:

The uploaded filelist is not useful if you have not the files anymore or the files are hidden somewhere on any external storage disk!:shocked

How else do you suggest we handle this? Let's hear your masterplan then shall we?

Quote:

is each single rom in Commodore Amiga - Firmware (TOSEC-v2017-10-17_CM) forbidden to upload?

Of course it is, and you know that!!!

Retroplay 05 June 2020 20:58

Also the cartridge dumps like Nordic Power and Action Replay ?
I thought those were okay to up :confused

DamienD 05 June 2020 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retroplay (Post 1405541)
Also the cartridge dumps like Nordic Power and Action Replay ?
I thought those were okay to up :confused

No they are fine Retroplay ;)

It's anything KS ROMs / Kickstarts Disk.

Retroplay 05 June 2020 21:09

Reason I asked is that they are part of TOSEC Firmware.

Anyway, that dat ought to be split up, one for kick disks/roms and one for cartridge dumps.

DamienD 05 June 2020 21:26

Quote:

You know, it's funny...

After I'd spent many days going through 159 ~Uploads folders myself; I left only 32 which had loads of content... and asked the members' to please check themselves...

I knew that it would only be you that complained about this more than reasonable request :banghead :banghead :banghead

Many others have PM'd me with details, helped out or just done this completely themselves.

Anyway, you can stop your moaning now, as I've done your folder.

Yet again you've proved that you're not a team player and really don't care less about the welfare of EAB :rolleyes

mai 05 June 2020 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1405536)

How else do you suggest we handle this? Let's hear your masterplan then shall we?

Without access to FTP there is no better plan!
So i suppose if you get no response by listed users the content of users folder will be deleted?
As i wrote you can delete content of my folder!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1405536)
Of course it is, and you know that!!!

just wanted your confirmation

that filelist is of course interesting, somehow valuable to know that at least 1 GM has still this forbidden files in his upload folder!

DamienD 05 June 2020 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 1405547)
Without access to FTP there is no better plan!
So i suppose if you get no response by listed users the content of users folder will be deleted?
As i wrote you can delete content of my folder!

just wanted your confirmation

I really, really, really have better things to do than reply to your stupid posts...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 1405547)
that filelist is of course interesting, somehow valuable to know that at least 1 GM has still this forbidden files in his upload folder!

So let me get this straight... you whinge / moan about checking your own files but you somehow have the time to go through the complete file listing looking at other member's folders in order to try to publically get them in trouble?

You're absolutely unbelievable!!! and have just proved my points here even more so...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1405546)
Yet again you've proved that you're not a team player and really don't care less about the welfare of EAB

This listing was before the cleanup you fool!!! :bash

...and I'm sure he wasn't aware.

apex 06 June 2020 10:56

Unbelievable what happing here after soooo many years. :(

DamienD 06 June 2020 11:11

Well, you can blame people slinging mud at EAB and saying that we host: Workbench disks, Kickstart ROMs & software or music files still supported/for sale

...we need to remove any of the above that we were not aware of, therefore it needs to be thoroughly checked / cleaned!!!

That's what a responsible forum does.

apex 06 June 2020 11:14

File Download Error 550

This was not a problem till you start to make it to your problem. :(

No Amiga forum got any trouble with Cloanto, Hyperion and AInc. since over 13 years. If there is something which could be a problem, Michael (Cloanto) normally contact the admin directly.

DamienD 06 June 2020 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by apex (Post 1405653)
This was not a problem till you start to make it to your problem. :sad

Here we go again apex... you might want to read this thread once more: I'm shutting my Amiga FTP

...especially the last 2 posts.

Yourself and mai continue on this pointless crusade against EAB; it has been noted and will be discussed privately amongst RCK / GMods.

...and there's really no point you trying to delete your offending posts now; like you've been doing. We can still read them.

Thread closed.