English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.EAB (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Confusion with post count (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=1018)

MethodGit 09 August 2001 12:42

Confusion with post count

Just came onto this board this morning, and at some point noticed my post count had gone down a bit back at, ooh, somewhere between 9.30-10.30am. I *swear* the count read "225" when I logged off the internet last night. But it wasn't just me whose post count went down either. I noticed that YOU were reduced to just 500 posts, when I seriously remember that you were at "522" last night! Do you know what may have happened overnight? Did you delete some posts or something? :confused

RCK 09 August 2001 12:52

yep.

I have cleaned the "abîme.net" section of the board last night, and cause the number of posts for each member is auto re-calculate, yes, my number of post should have decrease of 30 or something like that.
The post number reflect the real number of post actually on the board.

Burge 09 August 2001 13:44

No, but you can increase my post count by 40, if you'd like. :D

RCK 09 August 2001 14:15

bah, if I make that, I should also add 500 extra posts to my account :D (I have made many many posts into the *cleaned* abime section in the past)

and moreover, the next auto-post recount will erase this fake value to reflect the real number of post present on the board.

Burge 09 August 2001 14:32

So, why exactly did you strip me of about 10 posts?

RCK 09 August 2001 14:41

Quote:

Originally posted by Burge
So, why exactly did you strip me of about 10 posts?
???
don't you understand, I never strip anyone's number of post !

- The total of post displayed for each members is the REAL number of their post currently available on the board.
- So when moderators are purging old threads where you have spoken, your total post will auto-decrease.
- That's why inactive members have their post which are decreasing slowly (like Zeewolf who were to 300+ and now only 100+).
- This method permit us to purge inactive members after a certain time of their own inactivity.
- If the total of post was not auto-updated, I should have 1000+ post, but this is not the goal of this counter.

MethodGit 09 August 2001 15:20

Oho, I've noticed that Cody and Tim Janssen's post counts went down too. I wonder who else is affected?

sborat 09 August 2001 15:55

Marz, go change those vbulletin php scripts !!!

:)

Amiga1992 09 August 2001 17:50

Ok Marz, dont you get it? RCK just said EVERYBODY's post counts go down when you delete any message. For the reasons he noted. I was going to ask why this happened but RCK explained it perfectly :)

Muzkat 10 August 2001 15:43

Ahhhh, so that's what happened a few days ago when I reached 30 posts to become a "Member", then logged on the next day to find out I had 29 posts and was again a "Junior Member!" (Sniff)

PS- This post should make me a "Member"- again:D

Burge 10 August 2001 16:54

Ok, so old threads are being deleted. I'd still like recognition of the *REAL* amount of posts I've written here.

*dodges objects thrown by RCK*

Ian 10 August 2001 17:00

Why don't you

Keep your own tally on your post's at home and just do this at the end of every post (If it bothers you that much):

Burge's Real Post Count = 110 or whatever.

Problem solved no need for further discussion;)

P-J 10 August 2001 18:40

Hmmm....

Post Count = Dick Size?

I wish I'd found THAT out much earlier... :scream

Amiga1992 12 August 2001 20:58

Re: Why don't you

Quote:

Originally posted by IanCharge
Keep your own tally on your post's at home and just do this at the end of every post (If it bothers you that much):

Burge's Real Post Count = 110 or whatever.

Problem solved no need for further discussion;)

BAD idea, that would be a SIGNATURE. And who is so sad to count the posts?

who cares anyway? :)