English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.GameBase Amiga (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   WHDload error? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=45790)

neil324 30 June 2009 22:45

WHDload error?

Dos-error #205 (objct not found) onb loading "goblins2.slave"

Just used 'goblins2' as an example it happens with all. The paths are set up correct and all WHD are verified present. WHDLoad inside the extras folder.

eLowar 01 July 2009 07:57

Hmm, yes, if paths weren't set correctly it wouldn't get that far at all. Look for the little WHDRun icon (check marks on a hard drive icon in your system tray), click it and see if the log looks right up to "starting WinUAE" or whatever it says. Otherwise I don't really have an idea right now, yet.

neil324 01 July 2009 08:58

Had a look at the status of the WHDRun icon and here's what it said,

checking files and paths
confiquring WHDLoad slave
extracting and merging game data
i/ unzipping original game files
i/ collecting checksums of unmodified files
running game in WINUAE
i/ waiting for WINUAE to finish

Well it appears all the roms i have are zipped inside a zipp! So they all need unzipping,strange.

How do you get WHD demo's/magazines to work, do you just put them inside the WHDLoad folder also?

Thanks

eLowar 01 July 2009 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil324 (Post 566577)
Well it appears all the roms i have are zipped inside a zipp! So they all need unzipping,strange.

Ah, that would do it, of course. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil324 (Post 566577)
How do you get WHD demo's/magazines to work, do you just put them inside the WHDLoad folder also?

That's not (trivially) possible. Everything that can be run has been configured manually. As you may or may not know, the maintainer of GameBase Amiga, Belgarath, is missing for the foreseeable future, so there very likely won't be any updates for a while (or ever, I don't know what the future will bring). This particular database is mostly about commercial games anyways, and I doubt demos or magazine disks (unless they're full versions of games) will ever be supported. There may be other projects dealing with this kind of thing.

neil324 01 July 2009 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by eLowar (Post 566750)
Ah, that would do it, of course. :)

That's not (trivially) possible. Everything that can be run has been configured manually. As you may or may not know, the maintainer of GameBase Amiga, Belgarath, is missing for the foreseeable future, so there very likely won't be any updates for a while (or ever, I don't know what the future will bring). This particular database is mostly about commercial games anyways, and I doubt demos or magazine disks (unless they're full versions of games) will ever be supported. There may be other projects dealing with this kind of thing.

Ok thanks for the info, at least i have the WHDLoad working:)