English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ePSXe 1.7.0! (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=36917)

Shoonay 26 May 2008 20:42

ePSXe 1.7.0!

After 4 years of silence, the ePSXe team released a new version.
Good to see this project still up and running! :cool

Official ePSXe site

MazinKaesar 28 May 2008 14:48

Coooool! Thank you for the info! :)

keropi 28 May 2008 14:54

oh, the best psx-emu IMHO

Retro-Nerd 28 May 2008 15:50

Don't forget Pete's GPU plugin updates. ;)

http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm

Ian 28 May 2008 17:19

Holy shit.

Time to dust off FF7 for another play through.

Now all we need is a Gens or Kega update.

laser 28 May 2008 18:18

:great:great:great:great.....a new version of EPSXE and new versions of PETE plugins
that's great...I thought that this emulator was discontinued

also I wait this year for a new version of Project64...the other great emulator at the time

DamienD 28 May 2008 19:04

Awesome news concerning both the emulator and plugins :spin

gimbal 29 May 2008 01:35

Awesome version. 50+ more games supported, already working games (such as the final fantasies and chrono chross) work even better now, all bugs introduced in 1.6.0 have been fixed, sound synchronization improved, lots of game specific hack-flags are no longer needed... it is a true gem of a release.

sarek2k 29 May 2008 02:58

Brilliant i can't believe this news i was just talking my nephew through setting it up (an old version) yesterday!

how uncanny is that that a new version comes out :)

rare_j 29 May 2008 20:49

I feel like a bit of a tit complaining but... the bloody multitap still doesn't work with Circuit Breakers. :(

Retro-Nerd 29 May 2008 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by rare_j (Post 418773)
I feel like a bit of a tit complaining but... the bloody multitap still doesn't work with Circuit Breakers. :(

There are other bugs left, i.e. you can't use savestates for "Castlevania Chronicles" properly. If you save and restore the game freezes immediately. You have to go to the ingame menu first (there no music playing) BEFORE you save it with F1. Then it works fine.

But i guess there will be a v1.8, i read something about it before they released this version. ;)

Shoonay 29 May 2008 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd (Post 418775)
[...] i read something about it before they released this version. ;)

Back in 2003? :cheese

manicx 02 June 2008 10:27

I used epsxe to play Grand Turismo and Silent Hill. Seems that I will have a look again! :D

Avanze 02 June 2008 15:41

Back in the day PSX emulation was quite exciting with PSEmuPro and ePSXe, but not so much now, for me anyway. Besides I don't actually have any PS1 games anymore to test besides Driver. It is great to see the old emulators being updated and not forgotten.

gimbal 02 June 2008 15:58

Quote:

I used epsxe to play Grand Turismo and Silent Hill. Seems that I will have a look again!
You know there is a dedicated Silent Hill PC version floating around? It has an emulator specifically tweaked to play the game.

I used EPSXE to play Chrono Cross, amazing game. Now I'm going to break a shameful secret that I have carried around for a loooong time... and that is that I have never played any of the metal gear solid games... I shall begin with part 1!

Madcrow 10 June 2008 23:49

No update to the Linux version, though :( That makes me sad.

mr_0rga5m 11 June 2008 11:06

Linux ?! ... Lol .. Ppl still use that ? :)

Madcrow 11 June 2008 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_0rga5m (Post 422243)
Linux ?! ... Lol .. Ppl still use that ? :)

Probably even more of them than used it back in 2003, when the last release (including a Linux version) was made. Ubuntu probably doubled the size of and cut in half the average IQ of the Linux userbase :P

laser 11 June 2008 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madcrow (Post 422346)
Probably even more of them than used it back in 2003, when the last release (including a Linux version) was made. Ubuntu probably doubled the size of and cut in half the average IQ of the Linux userbase :P

I think that the average iq of the linx userbase never was high
I never see good coded programs or games there
The linux userbase was always insurgent...that's all

Madcrow 11 June 2008 22:12

No well-coded games for Linux? I guess you don't look very hard if you can't find any... Nexuiz, Warsow and Alien Arena are three great shooters and all three are just as well-supported on Linux as they are on Windows. Flightgear is a friggin' awesome flight simulator. Pingus is just about the only good Lemmings clone ever made. The list of good games (including good code) for Linux just goes on forever.