English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.aGTW (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Dafel: Bloodline (Pagan) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=28262)

mombasajoe 27 February 2007 12:14

Dafel: Bloodline (Pagan)

I am not really sure about this:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ighlight=dafel

http://hol.abime.net/search.php?find=dafel

Regarding die classic Amiga I would call this an unreleased game.
Ist there an existing demo-version or where are the HOL-screenshots taken from?

DrBong 27 February 2007 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mombasajoe

What aren't you sure about exactly? I know the HOL entry needs updating as the last one occurred in 2003 when Pagan still harboured hopes of releasing the game. Over the last month or so I've been gathering material from different sources for many unreleased/pre-release Amiga games and have already started inserting stuff into HOL about them (e.g. Nothingness, Evil's Doom SE, Hellpigs, TFX). Dafel is on my short-list for an update, so expect to see one in the next few weeks.

Quote:

Regarding die classic Amiga I would call this an unreleased game.
That's what the HOL entry says, doesn't it? ;)

Quote:

Ist there an existing demo-version or where are the HOL-screenshots taken from?
Despite promises Pagan never released a public demo of this game for Amiga or Mac. They probably had a basic Amiga demo to show publishers, though, as the game was signed up for release by 2 different companies- first by Sadeness (until they went bankrupt), then by Epic Interactive. The HOL screenshots were probably taken from their now-defunct website.

mombasajoe 27 February 2007 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBong
That's what the HOL entry says, doesn't it? ;)

This is not a HOL prbs forum but the agtw forum ;) (Don´t take this seriosly. Just kidding...)

Because you have said/written (see thread mentioned above)
Quote:

Bloodline was never officially cancelled as it morphed from a classic Amiga release into an AmigaOne/Amiga DE release in 2002:
I wonder wether Dafel is a "agtw-case" or not (not released on classic Amiga but on the other Hand not really cancelled as a project itself).

That´s what my question is about.

DrBong 27 February 2007 15:25

Quote:

I wonder wether Dafel is a "agtw-case" or not (not released on classic Amiga but on the other Hand not really cancelled as a project itself).

That´s what my question is about.
That's more like it......just spit it out man! :) Seriously, though, the answer to your question is that the game is unreleased and presumably a candidate for aGTW. Pagan may have never officially cancelled the game, but I'm sure it's safe to say that a game that has been "on hold" for 4+ years is as good as cancelled. Besides, Pagan doesn't appear to exist anymore and there's no AmigaOne/AmigaDE market to speak of.

As an aside, I'm sure that Pagan were privately forced to admit defeat with the 68k version of Dafel because they couldn't find talented enough coders who would work on it without being guaranteed suitable payment. They advertised for Ami coders in 2000, but probably got a lukewarm response. The other thing was that they no doubt had all their existing coders at the time working on the Amiga/Mac conversions of Earth 2140 + mission pack, which they were guaranteed to earn more money from given the game's appearance on PC first.

Anyway, if someone wants to try and track this game down for aGTW, then Jason Hayman was Pagan's head-honcho. His old email address is: jason.hayman AT virgin.net

Caradog 15 April 2007 14:03

Dafel: Bloodline

Well, myself and Trez never wanted to close the project and offically it's still open.

As mentioned in this thread, finding decent developers (coding and gfx) was getting very hard towards the tail end of the Amiga - we tried with a succession of people there after but nobody could devote their time for free for very long with no financial support, and each time we hired a new person it was like starting all over again in coding and graphical style - it was a long drawn out process.

With all the hopes of Amiga DE (we even had a contract from Amiga Inc or whatever its called now and Microsoft) to do some of our prodcts into mobile devices, which fitted Dafel's style down to tee, but again, we waited for confirmation and waited, watched the market and nothing happened. We weren't going to take the risk (financially) to do it (we all got families).

Anyhow, if anyone want's to help out, let us know ;)

We got 4-5 level sets of graphics ready to roll, we need more done but I'm estimating about 70% of game gfx *maybe* done (need to check).

Desperately though, developers are what we need and very very hard to comeby. We need a decent level editor for a start...

There we go, my opinion on Dafel being one of the people involved in it, Trezzer may have some more.

- Jay (Caradog).

Caradog 15 April 2007 14:06

Dafel: Bloodline

Oh, demo wise, we had a few with a playbale demo of level 1 (snow level) with enemy AI, puzzles (basic)...might be able to dig it out...

DamienD 15 April 2007 14:27

Hello Caradog,

Welcome to EAB :)

Thanks for posting this information, very interesting. That would be cool if you could find a demo somewhere and you never know, hopefully some people here will be interested in assisting you with trying to complete the game :great

viddi 15 April 2007 14:51

Great news, Caradog and a warm welcome to EAB! :)

kriz 15 April 2007 16:28

Wow, welcome Caradog! The demo would be super to try.. And maybe some project can be started on this again ;) ?

Caradog 16 April 2007 10:41

Hey guys, I've put the Pagan site up online again, it's been down as I was managing some of the domains on my web server and accidentially killed it a few months back :(

Bloodline stuff here: http://www.pagan-games.com/bloodline/index.htm

PDA projects and the e2140 demo and patches are back online too.

I am missing something though, I used to have a large 1280x1024 screen shot of Dafel in full Manga glory buy the guy in the US who designed the look for Dafel (Womb - Henrik and another 3d who's name slips by me at the moment did excellent work on the ingame baddies and level designs - well done guys) but I lost it in a hard drive crash many years ago. It used to live on the server as download to the previous version of this site - if anyone by any slim chance reading this has it, let me know!

Cheers.

Trez 17 April 2007 22:28

Hi everyone,

Yeah, the road for Dafel has been long and hard indeed. I just figured I'd point out one thing regarding the speculation above. The other projects (Earth 2140, Mission packs, Blobula) were not what slowed Dafel down as they were run by themselves.

Sadly there were also other projects that collapsed as people disappeared, said byebye or were just too busy. We have more projects than just Dafel that we've done work on, but Dafel is the furthest along.

Anyway, if any of you are interested in trying to help us bring some of these titles out, give us a shout. What's most important is the will to finish a project once it's been started on as well as keeping a reasonable flow of communication going.

It's good to see that there's still some interest - and while there are playable bits of Dafel, we've discussed it and we'd like to at least put a bit more in there for everyone to play with as the level in its current form is more akin to a tech demo than an actual gameplay demo. If we were to release it in its current form I'm afraid people would get the wrong impression of where the game was/is headed.

kriz 17 April 2007 23:04

Thanks for putting back the site!

OT: Do you still sell Earth 2140 ?

Trez 17 April 2007 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kriz
OT: Do you still sell Earth 2140 ?

We never did directly. It was distributed by Epic Interactive (now RuneSoft) and sold at various retailers. I'm sure there are still some around if you're interested. I see Guru Meditation have some in stock and I bet Vesalia and some of the others do too if you're interested.

ErikBauer 18 April 2007 11:31

Very good news indeed!
Warm wellcome from me also, to both Trez and Caradog!

viddi 18 April 2007 17:09

Hey Trez and Caradog:

What about connecting the Dafel project with this idea?

=> http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=28790

nujack 18 April 2007 20:21

Very good idea viddi.

Tucker 15 July 2012 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caradog (Post 317977)
Hey guys, I've put the Pagan site up online again, it's been down as I was managing some of the domains on my web server and accidentially killed it a few months back :(

Bloodline stuff here: http://www.pagan-games.com/bloodline/index.htm

PDA projects and the e2140 demo and patches are back online too.

Unfortunately the Earth 2140 patch files seem to have become unavailable again, that's shown as from December 2004 according to the NEWS page. If you stated they were put back in 2007 then where have they got to now? Have you put them in the ZONE? In any case, do you still have them to put them back on the website? As I'm trying to get hold of them, or maybe you'd consider uploading them to AMINET :great

Bye for now

utri007 18 July 2012 18:14

First screenshots looked much better than latters.

utri007 22 July 2012 01:26

Demo could help you to gain some interest and that way help to found coder to finish game

Bamiga2002 22 July 2012 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tucker (Post 828984)
Unfortunately the Earth 2140 patch files seem to have become unavailable again, that's shown as from December 2004 according to the NEWS page. If you stated they were put back in 2007 then where have they got to now? Have you put them in the ZONE? In any case, do you still have them to put them back on the website? As I'm trying to get hold of them, or maybe you'd consider uploading them to AMINET :great

Bye for now

Put both patch packs (Earth 2140 & Mission Packs) to the Zone and also uploaded them to EAB ftp (Magix upload) :)
they can also be found here.