English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Nostalgia & memories (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Binary Emotions - Speris Legacy & Minskies Furballs cat? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=99168)

MrD 13 October 2019 10:01

Binary Emotions - Speris Legacy & Minskies Furballs cat?

I only just made the connection that Minsc 'da Cat from Speris Legacy might be related to the ball creature Minksies Furballs...

Was there a real Minsc 'da Cat in real life?

Galahad/FLT 13 October 2019 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrD (Post 1350897)
I only just made the connection that Minsc 'da Cat from Speris Legacy might be related to the ball creature Minksies Furballs...

Was there a real Minsc 'da Cat in real life?

Yes they are connected, no there was not a cat. The entire time I knew the Jolly Brothers, they didn't ever have animals.

But it was quite obvious that Ian (the elder of the two) had a penchant for them.

AmigaHope 13 October 2019 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1351069)
Yes they are connected, no there was not a cat. The entire time I knew the Jolly Brothers, they didn't ever have animals.

But it was quite obvious that Ian (the elder of the two) had a penchant for them.

Did they have an affinity for covering themselves in feces too? I'll always remember the most bizarre part of Speris Legacy being where you had to literally coat yourself in shit. xD

MrD 14 October 2019 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1351069)

cheers!

gimbal 14 October 2019 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmigaHope (Post 1351105)
Did they have an affinity for covering themselves in feces too? I'll always remember the most bizarre part of Speris Legacy being where you had to literally coat yourself in shit. xD

Wait what? There was an Amiga game in which you could cover yourself in poo?

Take that Nintendo!

AmigaHope 14 October 2019 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimbal (Post 1351283)
Wait what? There was an Amiga game in which you could cover yourself in poo?

Take that Nintendo!

Yeah, on the island level there were these cows that would fling their shit at you, and if it landed on you, you became a walking pile of dung. You needed it at one point to solve a puzzle because the smell would drive a guard away or something (my memory is fuzzy) but you also had to wash it off because other characters wouldn't talk to you when you were coated in feces.

I also remember being mystified at the whole scenario, wondering what life would be like if cows flung their poo at people in reality.

gimbal 14 October 2019 20:44

Life would be mostly a barrel of laughs until it happens to you :)

BarryB 14 October 2019 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmigaHope (Post 1351349)
wondering what life would be like if cows flung their poo at people in reality.

I know Monkeys in a zoo do! Listen to 'The Other Educated Monkey' by Ivor Biggun, there's a line that says: 'I'm happy and safe from the hunters. And it really is grand, to crap in your hand and fling it through the bars at the punters'

MrD 19 October 2019 00:11

Minskies was re-released on Steam earlier this year, heh. I just saw it in one of those bundles you see.