English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ghosts N Goblins Trouble WHDLoad & Floppy (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=94197)

yell0w_lantern 13 September 2018 00:33

Ghosts N Goblins Trouble WHDLoad & Floppy

After getting the message, "no sync on track 01," for several different ADF's, I was successful using "Ghosts'n'Goblins (UK) (1991) [Original] (Elite Systems - Capcom Co. Ltd) (Amiga OCS 1mb) [MFMformat]".

At least I thought I was successful until I tried to run the game. It freezes on the copyright screen and it seems that no button will make the game proceed. I have the same problem with both "AGA fixed" ADF's.

I am using a real A1200 with an ACA 1233n.

Any ideas where I have gone wrong and what I can do to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

TjLaZer 13 September 2018 00:34

Are you using a PAL machine or PAL tool type?

yell0w_lantern 13 September 2018 02:11

PAL machine set for PAL display at high resolution.

DamienD 13 September 2018 02:32

Heya yell0w_lantern,

Welcome to EAB :great

Use the Flashtro crack / trainer as mentioned in this thread: Ghosts 'N Goblins - 100% perfect disk version

It can be downloaded from the EAB File Server; here's a direct link ;)

It's 100%, has extra features like the arcade i.e. jump and being able to change direction / shoot, plus I've personally completed this :agree

Edit: just re-read your post, not sure if it's AGA fixed though...

Edit #2: tested in WinUAE with an A1200 configuration and started playing level 1 without issues.

yell0w_lantern 13 September 2018 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1268572)
Heya yell0w_lantern,

Welcome to EAB :great

Use the Flashtro crack / trainer as mentioned in this thread: Ghosts 'N Goblins - 100% perfect disk version

It can be downloaded from the EAB File Server; here's a direct link ;)

It's 100%, has extra features like the arcade i.e. jump and being able to change direction / shoot, plus I've personally completed this :agree

Edit: just re-read your post, not sure if it's AGA fixed though...

Edit #2: tested in WinUAE with an A1200 configuration and started playing level 1 without issues.

Thanks! I had another version of Flashtro's but could not get it to work either as a floppy or patching it for WHDLoad. So far, this one works as a floppy and will load at boot. I haven't tried to convert it to WHDLoad but I doubt that I will. Interestingly, both Flashtro ADF's I have register as DF0:NDOS if mounted after boot.

TjLaZer 13 September 2018 08:54

Just download the WHDLoad from Retroplay on the file server.

DamienD 14 September 2018 00:54

Just to clarify on the above post...

Retroplay's WHDLoad packages on the EAB File Server are slaves which have been installed using .IPFs, then .LHA'd up so that all you need to do is download, extract and play :great

You can find then under this directory: /Commodore_Amiga/Retroplay

Access can be slow for anonymous users; read post #1 of the above linked "EAB File Server" thread...

...there is however a Google Drive also.

Hewitson 14 September 2018 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by yell0w_lantern (Post 1268588)
Interestingly, both Flashtro ADF's I have register as DF0:NDOS if mounted after boot.

Nothing interesting about that... Many games/demos use a custom disk format not readable by AmigaOS.