English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.EAB File Server (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   EAB File Server (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633)

DamienD 08 November 2019 14:26

Tried to go down to my local coffee joint so that I could use their wi-fi, connect to the FTP via a client and then remove the file.

Unfortunately my proxy settings are hard coded via Group Policy so that's a no go...

Going forward though guys, if you do find anything copyright or not to be uploaded to the FTP; please don't post in this thread as it will only bring attention to the files, and people who want this will now frantically grab before we can remove.

Instead, PM any of the FTP admins and we will deal with i.e. Turran, DamienD and lilalurl.

Turran 08 November 2019 16:30

Deleted "Commodore.The.Inside.Story.pdf"

DamienD 08 November 2019 16:46

Cheers Turran ;)

redblade 21 November 2019 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCD (Post 911067)
That's true :) Just thought that it would be technically very easy to display a second link to the mirror. If it makes sense... well... it's up to you ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by emufan (Post 911024)
since the file search is way usefull, can someone add the search feature to the first post?

if turran server gets too many hits, perhaps the mirror can deliver the search results? just a suggestions.

thanks Turran and DannyBoy !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turran (Post 911071)
I guess something could happen to the FTP while the webserver is still up. I've added a checkbox to the main search page. If checked, all displayed links to your search results will point to the mirror instead. =)

Hi. How does this work?!?!? Normally when I use the web search it just shows the link on the ftp server and not to google drive.

Thanks

Turran 21 November 2019 21:59

That discussion was about the mirror FTP server which is gone now. Our consensus is that we did not need a new ftp mirror. It was never to show links to google drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redblade (Post 1360478)
Hi. How does this work?!?!? Normally when I use the web search it just shows the link on the ftp server and not to google drive.

Thanks

redblade 21 November 2019 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turran (Post 1360482)
That discussion was about the mirror FTP server which is gone now. Our consensus is that we did not need a new ftp mirror. It was never to show links to google drive.

Would it be possible to post a link to the google drive mirror on the search page?!?

DamienD 22 November 2019 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by redblade (Post 1360495)
Would it be possible to post a link to the google drive mirror on the search page?!?

For what purpose exactly?

The link for the GoogleDrive is in the first post of this thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turran
b) You can use the newly set up GoogleDrive instead.

It's also mentioned here: http://grandis.nu/eab :agree

...and I'd imagine most members of 50 posts or more who've registered an account don't bother to use this.

redblade 22 November 2019 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1360517)
For what purpose exactly?

The link for the GoogleDrive is in the first post of this thread:

It's also mentioned here: http://grandis.nu/eab :agree

...and I'd imagine most members of 50 posts or more who've registered an account don't bother to use this.

My bookmark goes straight to the eab search. But now that I know that the google drive link is on the main page, i'll be able to click on that afterwards instead of having to go to the first post. :great

torturedutopian 02 December 2019 09:59

Hi ! Did anyone manage to get the "EAB WHDLOAD Pack Downloader" to work under Linux through WINE ? The GUI does start but sync fails immediatly...

Code:

Loading main GUI.
Waiting for input.
Outdir: Z:\home\sandra\EAB-WHDLoad_Pack_Downloader\Download\2019-12-02
Open: 0x00000001
Conn: 0
$Err=12015  $sFTP_Message:
?ë?????????????????????????????????????? ???????.
0009:fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!

Turran 02 December 2019 15:04

No, it does not work in Wine under linux.

Quote:

Originally Posted by torturedutopian (Post 1362640)
Hi ! Did anyone manage to get the "EAB WHDLOAD Pack Downloader" to work under Linux through WINE ? The GUI does start but sync fails immediatly...

Code:

Loading main GUI.
Waiting for input.
Outdir: Z:\home\sandra\EAB-WHDLoad_Pack_Downloader\Download\2019-12-02
Open: 0x00000001
Conn: 0
$Err=12015  $sFTP_Message:
?ë?????????????????????????????????????? ???????.
0009:fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!

Turran 18 December 2019 23:26

As a christmas gift from me to you, I've changed the speed cap of the anonymous users "ftp" from 50k/sec to 500k/sec. Registered users are still at an advantage with fully uncapped speeds though.

This will last until sometime after new year when I'll change it back.

Anonymous users beware: If you stay on longer than 3 hours and there are more than 10 users online, you will be kicked for a while (depending on how much you've already downloaded / number of times kicked, etc) to make room for other users.

Merry christmas or happy hollidays or whatever you celebrate, if anything =)

malko 18 December 2019 23:30

Nice XMAS gift Turran :xmas !

Turran 18 December 2019 23:32

=)

peo 05 January 2020 14:26

Response: 550 Insufficient credits.
Error: Critical file transfer error

No Xmas-gift for registered users ? (not asking either, it's monday tomorrow, can revert to slow-copying files from the gdrive mirror, or I'll just wait)..

Happened to find out that I used up my quota (50GB/week), or at least almost (status page said 0,08MB left, but I had only 46 or 48GB registered as downloaded)..

Turran 13 January 2020 18:38

Yeah, its the difference between bits and bytes that makes it look like you have less than 50. Its actually 50.000 Mebibytes per week which translates to 52.4288 Gigabyte or 48828.1MiB

Or something. Confusing stuff

Malakie 15 January 2020 21:19

Thanks for both FTP and the Google Drive option

Just want to say thanks for the FTP and google drive as well.. Was having a lot of trouble trying to find actual disks and files I wanted/needed. And of course in appreciation, I donated to the site!

Turran 21 January 2020 09:43

Thanks for the kind words Malakie,

Just a friendly reminder that donating to the site on the link above does not go towards the FTP. It goes to hosting this site and the forum.

Nothing wrong with that, just to clarify that they are different donations =)

For the FTP, there is a donate button at the bottom here: http://grandis.nu/eab