English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What are you playing? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=31922)

Sensi 04 September 2007 12:00

What are you playing?

The question is: What game(s) are you playing or what are you going to play (on weekend, tomorrow)?

I'm planning to play Chaos Engine on weekend. Lock the door, close the curtains, turn the phones off, turn the volume to ten, drink Cola and play one of the best action game ever.
I remember when I got czech computer magazine EXCALIBUR in the summer of 1993 and there was an article about this game. I thought: I MUST have it.
Now: I MUST play it as soon as possible, I can't control myself :)

Marcuz 04 September 2007 12:53

Fallout 2, due to that rpg debate some day ago, i decided to dust off this game from the closet :)

P-J 04 September 2007 12:54

Will probably try and finish Bioshock!

DrF 04 September 2007 12:56

This week I 'ave mostly been playin Red Alert :D

eLowar 04 September 2007 13:00

I'm hoping to play Blackwell Unbound very soon. I've pre-ordered it and it's supposed to be released today (after a delay in the previous release date on Friday). :)

Galahad/FLT 04 September 2007 13:14

At the moment its Death Trap, an achingly boring game by Anco, but this weekend I'll be mostly playing God of War II on PS2 as its my birthday.

Yay!

Steve 04 September 2007 13:18

Ooooh happy birthday for the weekend! :)

I'm mostly playing SWOS, The Settlers, Sabre Team and the enhanced Trespasser demo featuring those 'spitters' from the first JP movie. :D

Graham Humphrey 04 September 2007 14:22

I'll be playing Pang tonight...

P-J 04 September 2007 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by eLowar (Post 355268)
I'm hoping to play Blackwell Unbound very soon. I've pre-ordered it and it's supposed to be released today (after a delay in the previous release date on Friday). :)

Call that a game? Where are the polygons? Where is the HDR lighting? What version Pixel Shader does it need? Will it run on my nVidia 9900GTX SUPER?

:D

Dizzy 04 September 2007 15:28

Will finish Myst IV, and start playing Myst V :D

cane 04 September 2007 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 355297)
I'll be playing Pang tonight...

Me too, and probably not just tonight (hopr to make some decent score this round).

Ironclaw 04 September 2007 18:01

PC: Lord of the Rings Online, Tabula Rasa... (playing these games cuz some friends almost forced me to buy/play them).
PSP: Dragoneer's Aria...

Hungry Horace 04 September 2007 18:25

speccy: dan dare
amiga: syndicate
psp: gta lcs

frikilokooo 04 September 2007 18:59

I am submerged in the thriller of Cruise for a Corpse,I must have played this one game before:p

Ironclaw 04 September 2007 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by frikilokooo (Post 355397)
I am submerged in the thriller of Cruise for a Corpse,I must have played this one game before:p

If you ever get stuck, watch my longplay ;).

DDNI 04 September 2007 19:53

Im gonna finish Mercenary The Second City.... Again!

Zetr0 05 September 2007 01:23

hmmm gamage....

well when i am not here, busy doing husbandly errands, working, UNI, or soldering the worlds ills away I like to chill with a few games now and then......

on the PSX i do float arround a few games
  • Guitar Hero 2, trying to finnaly nail that last 5% on Expert Sweet Child O Mine!
  • Tomb Raider Legends.... damn fine game.... just love playing it!

on my DOS/98 box i have played for a little bit of classic gamage this week
  • Wing Commander Privatier (awesome game)
  • Dungeon Keeper 2

On my PC I will get down and dirty with the new Addon for Guildwars (Eye of the North)

Might try and get some MAME or Amiga in this week... i may need it :D

oneshotdead 05 September 2007 03:43

On WinUAE, I've been playing around with a whole host of games, WHDLoads and ADFs.

It is amazing just how many Amiga games there were, back in the day. Being on an isolated continent and having only one or two friends as an adolescent meant I missed out on a boatload of games... I think I bought like ten Amiga games, my friend about fifteen (a feat for highschoolers...). We had about 200 cracks between us, many of which were bugged. Now I see how big the scene really was, and still is... Amiga magazines failed to convey to me the enormity and variety of the games catalogue... Through these forums, I see how narrowly anglocentric my vision of Amiga always was. At present, I'm hunting down more "obscure" (subjective) Amiga games in order to re-Amigarise myself through WinUAE.

In the meantime, I must confess to compulsively playing Raiden and R-type on MAME. Only Secret of Monkey Island and Powermonger on WinUAE hit me hard like this with powerful nostalgia...

Anubis 05 September 2007 10:18

Not sure, some options are:

NES - Bionic Commando
Gens / MD - Saint Sword (not that good game, but playable :) - to complete game have to finish all levels one more time :blased )
DOS - Dune 2
PC - Rise of Nations: Rise of Legens (great game, I started last campaign, after this game I'm planning to play Medieval: Total War, another great game)
PS2 - Shadow of Collosus (this one I played more then half trough, but for some reason I just lost interest)
Amiga - thinking to play either Rodlands or Blues Brothers.

viddi 05 September 2007 10:22

I´m playing Shadow of the Third Moon at the moment.
Wow, I just forgot about its damn good soundtrack.