English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   retro style platform game - rocky memphis (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=56867)

smila 18 December 2010 17:24

retro style platform game - rocky memphis

Weve done a c64 style platformer.

600 rooms and 4000 objects collect.
save whenever you want - infinite lives - ingame map - powerups.
upload youur times to the online scoreboard.
windows and mac versions
grab it here - http://rocky.ovine.net

Retro-Nerd 18 December 2010 17:58

Just tried it, pretty nice. A bit like Montezuma's Revenge with C64 graphics ala Rick Dangerous. Good controls, a Save option. Well done, guys. :great

amiman99 21 December 2010 07:12

I almost thought that this is for C64, but the download is for Win or Mac, I'll give it a try anyway.

Amiga1992 21 December 2010 12:04

Someone's got heavily inspired in Gordian Tomb and Montezuma's Revenge ;)

I been playing it the weekend. I get quite lost after a wile and it pisses me off. Otherwise it's a good one! If it only had a 20 minute music score, like Gordian Tomb... :)

s2325 21 December 2010 13:29

Is it Rick Dangerous mixed with Montezuma's Revenge?

Retro-Nerd 21 December 2010 15:07

More like Joe Gunn or Montezuma's Revenge. I meant that the graphic style reminds me of Rick Dangerous.

laffer 21 December 2010 19:24

Looks very interesting, going to check it out after I finish playing tomcats Head over Heels remake.

Been playing quite a bit of homemade stuff lately :D

smila 30 January 2011 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffer (Post 723951)
Looks very interesting, going to check it out after I finish playing tomcats Head over Heels remake.

Been playing quite a bit of homemade stuff lately :D

cheers fellas ;)

Amiga1992 30 January 2011 18:15

I'm stupid but... How do you access the in-game map? I couldn't figure this out and that's why I got lost.

Radertified 31 January 2011 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 733281)
I'm stupid but... How do you access the in-game map? I couldn't figure this out and that's why I got lost.

It's been a while since I last played it, but I believe it's F1 (redefinable in the menu too I think).

White rooms have been cleared of all treasure
Red rooms have remaining treasure
Numbered rooms contain teleporters to the corresponding teleporter

A tidbit of information that I didn't realise when I first began playing is that each room on the map shows the exits and walls, which is a big help when planning your route.

A great game that captures the C64 spirit well. Thanks smila! :great

KONEY 31 January 2011 13:24

really beautiful!

any chanches to control it with a joystick?

also, what about an Amiga porting? :D

StarEye 08 February 2011 10:41

Just tried this now, nice little game. I completely forgot that the game had an in-game map, so I was kinda confused what to do at first. Now I see that I'm just supposed to collect all the treasure, so I have plenty to do.

One thing though, I don't understand why jumping and up is seperate on this. To stay true to the original, jump and up would be the same, but context sensitive - that is, when you're standing under a ladder/rope he should just climb up instead of jump. Not a big deal though, just that when I play on a keyboard, combined up and jump button is easier than having a seperate button for jump.

ant512 08 February 2011 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarEye (Post 735232)
One thing though, I don't understand why jumping and up is seperate on this. To stay true to the original, jump and up would be the same, but context sensitive - that is, when you're standing under a ladder/rope he should just climb up instead of jump. Not a big deal though, just that when I play on a keyboard, combined up and jump button is easier than having a seperate button for jump.

Perhaps the developers read Amiga Power and realised that having up to jump is the worst control scheme ever invented?

Predseda 08 February 2011 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ant512 (Post 735233)
Perhaps the developers read Amiga Power and realised that having up to jump is the worst control scheme ever invented?

Works with Gods, must work with Rocky Memphis as well :cool

StarEye 08 February 2011 14:20

Yeah, I don't mind having seperate buttons for jump on a gamepad with more buttons, but with a keyboard it's really only complicating things more than it has to. Sometimes, less is more. For example, I don't think having a two seperate buttons for pass and shoot in Sensible Soccer wouldn't really gain anything.

At least, give us the option so I can decide for myself what to use. :)