English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.EAB (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Should I implement PM download now ? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=2887)

RCK 03 January 2002 19:33

Should I implement PM download now ?

I can easily add a massive download fonction for your PM you want to keep on your HD.
(and make place into your PM folders)

please vote at the poll, so I know if I had to implement this now (just a few hours), or later (EAB 3.x, few months).

RCK 04 January 2002 00:28

Hi guys, the modification is implemented :)

after you have selected the PM(s) of your choice, just click on the "download" button.
note: on some browser, the txt file will be opened into the browser and not be downloaded. Simply click on "File > save as" to get it.

RCK 04 January 2002 00:52

I have done a little fix for browser which opened the file instead of downloading it, all should be okay now.

RetroMan 04 January 2002 08:24

:cool

MethodGit 07 January 2002 19:48

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks a bunch for adding it, RCK. :)

But I appear to have come across a problem with it on my PC.

Instead of saving the PM in a text file when I choose a PM and click 'Download', it tries to save the PM lists page in an HTML document. :(

I'm using IE 5.5 SP1 on Win95 OSR2.

Is it something I can fix or will you have to do the fixing?

RCK 07 January 2002 20:23

Don't know, I haven't this problem.
I think it's only your web-browser who don't understand the Header Tag who define the name of the file. (EAB_private_messages.txt).

Simply name the file as you wish (Marz.txt), the file content should be good.

Leto2 07 January 2002 20:26

It rocks!

Nice job, RCK, really usefull! :great

@Marz, just select your PM (on the right side) and click on the "Download" button, it works! :cool

MethodGit 07 January 2002 22:29

Re: It rocks!

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Leto2
@Marz, just select your PM (on the right side) and click on the "Download" button, it works! :cool
I did check a PM before clicking on the Download button, but it didn't work!

I remember a similar problem occured with Hotmail attachments before - it would try to save the page it was on instead of the actual file - but bizarrely that problem doesn't seem to occur anymore.

@RCK:

Unfortunately the "rename to .txt" thing doesn't work, it really does save the page in HTML code. This picture shows you what I'm explaining:

Twistin'Ghost 07 January 2002 22:40

My suggestion: www.opera.com

RCK 07 January 2002 22:52

It is not *our* fault Marz :shocked
Please upgrade your system / os. (or change of navigator)

MethodGit 08 January 2002 01:00

Quote:

Originally posted by Twistin' Ghost
My suggestion: www.opera.com
Great suggestion. I installed it before, maybe I should bring it back to my system again. ;)

Quote:

Originally posted by RCK
It is not *our* fault Marz :shocked
Please upgrade your system / os. (or change of navigator)
I never said it was your fault, RCK. Don't panic. :p

And what did you mean by "*our* fault", anyway? Are there others involved in your dirty work? :theparano :p :D

RCK 08 January 2002 01:09

Quote:

Originally posted by MarzAttakz

Are there others involved in your dirty work? :theparano :p :D

tsss, no :D

Ian 08 January 2002 01:21

Next time your sister's round your house Marz, hold her hostage in your bedroom until she installs you a new OS. Who knows, maybe your stinky socks will force her to install one straight away;)

Or you could put a request on the HOTU forum for an Abandanware version of Windows 98;)