English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   25 Years of Amiga - UK Event. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=51593)

Mikey_C 15 March 2010 19:04

25 Years of Amiga - UK Event.

Saturday 10th of April 2010.

Amiga North Thames and Lincolnshire Amiga Group are proud to announce the attendance of the following companies and individuals at the forthcoming Vintage Computer Fair being held at Bletchley Park on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th of June 2010.

In the Amiga area, you will find the following exhibitors. A-EON AmigaKit Amiga North Thames. Hyperion Entertainment VOF Imica Lincolnshire Amiga Group

For A-eon, Trevor Dickenson and Andrew Korn, will be in attendance to debut the New AmigaOne X1000 for the first time anywhere on the planet, running AmigaOS4.x.

In addition, there will be a beta demonstration of the Timberwolf web browser running natively on AmigaOS4 by none other than Thomas and Hans-Joerg Frieden. Ben Hermans will also be in attendance representing Hyperion Entertainment.

Don't forget there will also be an Amiga through the ages exhibition and an Amiga multiplayer Gaming Arena too!

Exhibitors: Final reminder any other exhibitors that wish to attend should contact us via enquiries@amiga25th.co.uk before April 30th as space is now very very limited.

amigakit.com 15 March 2010 19:20

Great news- thank you!

Dr. Dude 15 March 2010 20:35

that would be asome, whole eab at the event:D

prowler 15 March 2010 20:40

Great news, Mikey! :great

chiark 16 March 2010 10:04

Big thumbs up - looking forward to it!

Mikey_C 16 March 2010 13:35

Well, its good to hear so much positivity. :-)

I hope loads of people will attend. We are looking to have a Stunt Car Racer Tourney, plus more.

fitzsteve 16 March 2010 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey_C (Post 652228)
Well, its good to hear so much positivity. :-)

I hope loads of people will attend. We are looking to have a Stunt Car Racer Tourney, plus more.

Thats good news, since i'm now a Stunt Car Master :crazy

Mikey_C 16 March 2010 17:54

@all

We are now taking bookings from developers or vendors who wish to attend, if you wish to have a table, please contact me via PM. I will tell you the date via reply on PM then.

GENUINE interests only please.

Thanks.

Kitty 16 March 2010 17:55

Is this gonna be a big event or one of those 3 man tent gatherings?

FOL 16 March 2010 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 652314)
Is this gonna be a big event or one of those 3 man tent gatherings?

LMFAO, you didnt like the december show then?

Mikey_C 16 March 2010 21:23

Guys,

I don't want to reveal the date because no actual paper work has been signed and I don't want people booking flights, accommodation etc until we have it nailed down 100%

Additionally for the 3 man tent comment, I am happy to announce that it will be a tent ;-)

But there will be more than 3 people and it will be more than one afternoon....... ;-)

Paul_s 16 March 2010 23:37

If you wanna do it right we'll need Debbie Harry....

Djay 17 March 2010 00:19

i've been thinking of somehow celebrating the 25 years... this seems the perfect way, i will be attending this event... i hope fellow EAB'ers follow suit

apart from vendors or people that wanna trade, is there plans for normal Amiga fans to get involved...

lets not go down the route of a copy-party, but if anyone has the entire TOSEC collection... i'm joking!

can we bring our own Amigas for example?

ami_junkie 17 March 2010 03:24

Do we known when this might be? I will be back in the UK in July and it would be great to go to this. :)

haynor666 17 March 2010 07:40

I guess it's not for me. I'm living in Poland :(

cosmicfrog 17 March 2010 14:53

great looking fowrard to it

so when do you expect to reveal more details like location and date ?

Mikey_C 17 March 2010 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmicfrog (Post 652611)
great looking fowrard to it

so when do you expect to reveal more details like location and date ?

Will This coming Friday 19th of March, be soon enough for you? :-)

cosmicfrog 18 March 2010 12:10

heheheh yes

Matt020 18 March 2010 13:13

...Start making your donations to fund the overseas EAB members a trip to the UK...

:cheese

Mikey_C 19 March 2010 23:46

The Event of the year is coming at Bletchley Park!

Amiga North Thames & Lincolnshire Amiga Group present:

Amiga 25th Anniversary Celebrations at the Home of the UK's National Museum of Computing.

As part of the Vintage Computer Festival 2010, an area has been set aside to showcase 25 years of Amiga History at this Spectacular 2 Day event in June 2010.

Already Confirmed: AmigaKit, ANT, LAG, Imica & Hyperion, plus an Amiga Gaming Arena and more coming!

In addition, there will be other computer platforms to see, a demoparty, a Flea market and lots more!

Please come along and show your support for the Amiga!
We hope to see as many of you there as possible over the two days.

Full details, including dates, advanced bookings/entry fees and accomodation is available from the following sites...
Amiga North Thames
Lincolnshire Amiga Group
Vintage Computer Festival Site