English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Amiga Disk Collection Must Go - Any Takers (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=26322)

kfasheldon 03 November 2006 00:14

Amiga Disk Collection Must Go - Any Takers

Hi all, :sad :sad :crying :confused

It is with great heartache that I must relieve myself of several hundred or more 3.5" disks. Tested many and they are all still working fine, mainly games many of which do not apear to be on any internet site. Disks go back from A500 beginings through to A1200 AGA stuff, many classics.
6 bin bags full will be thrown away on Thursday next unless anyone wishes to call and collect them from Kings Norton, Birmingham (UK).

Please someone give them a good home, this is too good to miss out on for any real enthusiast, (yes they are all copies before you ask, but hey thats what everyone had back in those days.)

I am leaving the country so this is the only chance for these disks to be saved - please. :agree :agree

Thanks KARL :bowdown

sarek2k 03 November 2006 01:38

Someone must save these disks SOS ;)

Dizzy 03 November 2006 01:49

Better pump my bike... Birmingham here I come......
damn to long a ride ;)...

Bet someone is closer than I am :D

stainy 03 November 2006 09:42

I`ll grab em... got a nice big car!

killergorilla 03 November 2006 10:17

Yay! Saved!

I'm far too far too far too far away.

kfasheldon 03 November 2006 19:16

Thanks

Looks like D***** is going to grab em and save em, thank you I have email you back with details.

I hope he has the time to dump them on to the net for all to enjoy especialy the rare stuff.

Will miss these but the PC emu will have to do until I am settled in Canada

Glas they is going to a good home.

stainy 03 November 2006 23:52

I`ll dump what I can or send em to whoever can do it!!
thanks fella ;)

mr_0rga5m 04 November 2006 19:58

If they dont get collected i'll fetch em, i'm only a coupla miles away in solihull. :D

DaZZaBoY 06 November 2006 14:44

Keep us all in the loop over the latest developments on this one.

Trashed quite a few disks myself recently but that was after converting a lot 'em to .adf ;) Don't think I could have managed 6 bin bags full tho. lol

stainy 06 November 2006 22:02

Be there tomorra :)

stainy 07 November 2006 16:58

6 bin bag fulls of games!!!

Ok collected said disks..

Shitty death!! there`s alot of disks!!

ok I`m gonna sort them out.. all the disks I know of..
one pile...
weird names, obscure etc.. disks with ( pre ) on them on another pile!

Shall I keep and check the disks with multiple games on ? and one disk versions of 2 disk games???

mr_0rga5m 07 November 2006 17:11

Yes .. Check the lot .. or send em my way. :D

edit: wtf happend to your post i was replying too ?

sarek2k 07 November 2006 17:35

looks like a new thread has been started probs like me mr_0rga5m you read it from your email box and replied directly ;)

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=26408

girv 07 November 2006 17:45

Am I a sad no-life loser because I think that sounds like a fun way to spend a Sunday ? :rolleyes :D

Bloodwych 07 November 2006 17:48

Watch out for viruses while your testing - you might end up infecting the whole collection if your going through them one at a time!

Dizzy 07 November 2006 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by girv
Am I a sad no-life loser because I think that sounds like a fun way to spend a Sunday ? :rolleyes :D

Hmmmmm no not at all :crazy :crazy :crazy

:lol :lol

guess my wife would kill me if I started on such a job ;)

girv 07 November 2006 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy
guess my wife would kill me if I started on such a job ;)

I think I'd be dead as soon as the bin bags showed up, never mind if I emptied them out on the living room floor and started poking through them :)

@stainy: post a piccy of them!

andreas 07 November 2006 19:24

Bloodwych has a point. WRITE PROTECT the disks. Otherwise you'd infect the whole pile with viruses in a chain reaction.
(Tell me who'd cold reset his Amiga after EACH disk inserted to prevent virus infection? ;))

mr_0rga5m 07 November 2006 23:48

aye that i did :)

sarek2k 08 November 2006 00:14

Speaking of Write protecting disks! i am the only one here who even now write protects disks automatically without thinking about it??? in the early days of my Amiga days i got quite a few disks knackerd with virus'es so i started to write protect them before they went near an Amiga i did it so much it's stuck with me ;)