English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Batman - The Caped Crusader (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=12836)

Swordlord 22 February 2004 08:41

Batman - The Caped Crusader

This game just does not want to work. I see the cracker's (Quartex) intro, and then a black screen with coloured bars at the top and bottom (I think there's something wrong with them, they shouldn't look like that) saying: "Press F1 for the Penguin or F2 for the Joker". But it freezes, no matter what I press. I tried many configurations, but no luck.

Does anyone know how to make this game work, either on WinFellow or WinUAE? Thanks in advance!

Chuckles 22 February 2004 10:43

It works like a charm for me using these settings:

Kickstart 1.3
512 Chip, no slow ram, no fast ram
68000, more compatible, match A500 speed
640 x 424 (I use a custom resolution - adjust as needed)
OCS, Fast Copper, Immediate blitter

Swordlord 22 February 2004 11:07

Hey, thanks a lot, man! It really works great. Even the sound is perfect. Thank you very much. :)

Peanutuk 22 February 2004 12:38

I find the C64 version has a lot more charm, it seems to work better on that machine.

Still , good game.

Swordlord 28 February 2004 09:03

How is the C64 game? Still like a comic book? I saw a screenshot on VGMuseum, and it seemed more like a regular action/platform game.

7-Zark-7 28 February 2004 16:12

Quote:

Originally posted by Swordlord
How is the C64 game? Still like a comic book? I saw a screenshot on VGMuseum, and it seemed more like a regular action/platform game.
Depends on if they showed the Batman the Movie game or The Caped Crusader game. It very much retains the "comic book" feel, with the flickscreen "plating" effect, & some great music to match. The more restricted colour scheme works in its favour IMHO. You need to watch out for some cracked versions though- some only contained the 1st side vs. the Penguin scenario & didn't realise they'd done the Joker scenario as well.

barkingboy 28 February 2004 16:37

Quote:

Originally posted by Peanutuk
I find the C64 version has a lot more charm, it seems to work better on that machine.

Still , good game.

Hehe our first computer back in 1989 was a C64 "Light Fantastic" pack which came with Batman The Caped Crusader. Fantastic graphics and sound (for a C64) and one of the few games that I have actually completed lol.

Swordlord 29 February 2004 09:31

I saw the BTCC screenshot, for sure. Most of the objects in the background were yellow and I think I saw some computers. But does the C64 game still open a new window when you exit the previous room, like the PC and Amiga versions?

barkingboy 29 February 2004 11:32

Quote:

I saw some computers. But does the C64 game still open a new window when you exit the previous room, like the PC and Amiga versions?
Yes it does. Look over at lemon64.com for some screenshots. :)

7-Zark-7 29 February 2004 11:44

Quote:

I saw the BTCC screenshot, for sure. Most of the objects in the background were yellow and I think I saw some computers. But does the C64 game still open a new window when you exit the previous room, like the PC and Amiga versions?
Yep, sure does, looks, plays & feels far more at home as a C64 game than it ever did on 16bit.

Swordlord 01 March 2004 06:44

barkingboy: Thanks. And that's a very nice site. By the way, the screenshot I saw was the second one (the one next to the title screen at the top).

7-Zark-7: I'll have to try it, then. I like the Batman games very much. And it's one of the most diverse series of games ever. Only 'Batman Returns' had about 7 or 8 completely different incarnations on different platforms.

7-Zark-7 01 March 2004 13:36

Don't expect the C64 version to be a cakewalk, you'll be driven mad by trying to dodge the close range headbutts, & the flying bullets particulary in the joker scenario-though the tune is top notch, a typically polished Special FX developed Ocean game-they were one of the better 3rd party developers Ocean had at their disposal, most of their C64/Amiga games were of good quality most of the time.

Swordlord 02 March 2004 03:15

I'll try to do what I can. Thanks for the warning. :)
I heard about the unwritten rule that says that 8-bit games are the hardest. :D
By the way, did you beat that game?