English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   FS-UAE: 50Hz mode with Mac OSX (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64911)

waal 30 June 2012 22:14

FS-UAE: 50Hz mode with Mac OSX

To mimic the other thread opened for Linux, I need to know how to setup my screen to 50hz.

I just tried SwitchResX but I don't have a clue. I tried to create various mode but can't apply them. I'm using a 13" mac book pro 2010 running OSX Lion (10.7.4).

Would someone explain how to use this software ?

Thanks for giving a hand.

FrodeSolheim 30 June 2012 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by waal (Post 826666)
I just tried SwitchResX but I don't have a clue. I tried to create various mode but can't apply them. I'm using a 13" mac book pro 2010 running OSX Lion (10.7.4).

I don't have a Mac near me right now, but I successfully managed to use SwitchResX to create a ~50Hz mode a while ago, and I remember that the apply method wasn't very intuitive. I don't remember the details, but there were some kind of save / apply / write config (or similar) function available from the menu bar which had to be used first.

nexusle 02 July 2012 21:57

SwitchResX works perfectly under OS X to set the frequency to 50Hz!!

waal 02 July 2012 22:33

(my GUI is in french, sorry for the approximative translation)

The problem Is I've created in the config panel under "color LCD" in "additional resolutions" a new resolution: 1280x800, 50hz. So in the table I get "created" in the "type" column but I only see "not installed" in the "availability" column.
And it doesn't appear in the active resolutions.

It looks like I'm missing a step.

edit.

And the parameters aren't saved. mmm. weird.

FrodeSolheim 02 July 2012 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by waal (Post 827022)
(my GUI is in french, sorry for the approximative translation)

The problem Is I've created in the config panel under "color LCD" in "additional resolutions" a new resolution: 1280x800, 50hz. So in the table I get "created" in the "type" column but I only see "not installed" in the "availability" column.
And it doesn't appear in the active resolutions.

It looks like I'm missing a step.

edit.

And the parameters aren't saved. mmm. weird.

Hi, As I said, there is some "install" or "save" command on the top menu bar which must be used before you can switch to the resolution. Have you looked through the menu entries in the menu bar?

waal 02 July 2012 23:16

Regarding installation both software and module are the latest (4.3.1).

And I tried the save command under the file menu and then the "write system parameters" under the "screen" menu. Every time it cancels my modifications.

I think I'm going to uninstall and restart from the beginning.

FrodeSolheim 09 July 2012 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by waal (Post 827031)
And I tried the save command under the file menu and then the "write system parameters" under the "screen" menu.

I had to use "Display" -> "Write system settings", and then reboot before being able to switch Refresh rate.