English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Do you remember the first and last game... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=8948)

Mr Softy 03 March 2003 13:40

Do you remember the first and last game...

... you've bought for the Amiga?

I was trying to remember the last one when I came up with this thread Idea, but I can't tell ya. :( I'm getting old...

For the first one, I think it was Dreamzone and a trio pack with Wonderboy in Monsterland, Fred and Twinworld.

Do you remember yours?

[edit: changed a typing mistake... lol wrote "first one" twice.]

Tim Janssen 03 March 2003 14:16

Technosound Turbo

Back in the days I never bought Amiga software for two reasons: I got the crack even before it was reviewed in magazines and games appeared months after the original release in The Netherlands. Add to this the fact there were not many shops which sold Amiga games.

Anyway, I have bought only one Amiga software package once: Technosound Turbo: a great soundsampler with some software included. Oh yeah, I also bought a PD C64-emulator once for Amiga. It was called A64 and was painstakingly slow in loading games and refreshing screens. The average speed was 10 seconds a frame with sound enabled. :lol

Dastardly 03 March 2003 14:22

First game I ever bought was The Killing Game Show although I had shed loads of copies by then :D

Last game was The Chaos Engine because I wanted it THERE AND THEN.

Mr Creosote 03 March 2003 18:07

First one: Blasteroids. Last one: no idea, it must have been a few weeks ago...

BippyM 03 March 2003 18:17

First was : Blood Money for £9.99 second hand
Last was: Worms DC for erm.. £9.99 (A bit strange that!) (I also still have this game!)

RetroMan 03 March 2003 19:31

First : Hostages :)
Last : errrrm .... lemme think .... Payback, bought it last year :D

Amiga1992 03 March 2003 19:55

First one, Wing Commander, given to me with the miggy in mas.

Last one was...hmm... yes.. Disposable Hhero. Bought it a couple years ago from PeanutUK ;)

manicx 04 March 2003 09:16

First game: Kick Off 2
Last Game: The shadow of the third moon...

Severin 04 March 2003 12:40

First one: The Pawn (1st, October 1985, with my new A1000, 256k ram pack, 1081 monitor and external floppy) :)

Last one: Quake & Napalm from the clickboom sale (for 15 canadian dollars the pair) :)

Pity the charged another $11 each for P&P :(

I can't complain, they were still £35 each over here :)

Mr Softy 05 March 2003 09:54

Yesterday I had the opportunity to buy my first amiga game since... dunno, maybe ten years! Elite II, in mint condition, with box, manual, poster... and a missing disk!
:crying :banghead :disgusted

Gladly I checked the content before spending my money!

Incomparabile 05 March 2003 10:18

Nice thread...

First: International Arcade Action (desperately MIA)
Last: 3D World Boxing (not too sure)

Marcuz 05 March 2003 10:51

first: action fighter (budget)
last: battle chess 2 (bundled with a1200)

blackcornflake 05 March 2003 15:27

First game: Speedball 2. The wow factor was off the scale. One of the best purchases I have ever made. :)

Last game: Payback. Needs a poky machine to run satisfactorily, but more than worth it. Fabulous game.

Djay 05 March 2003 20:07

this is really strange but...

the 1st game was Xenon on a budget label and...

the last game i bought (about 2 weeks ago) was Xenon (original box)

STRANGE HUH?!??!:)

kriz 05 March 2003 21:14

First game I bought .. hmmm didnt buy much at that time :( I think SleepWalker was my first original game :) Still got it , ofcourse :)

My latest game (hey the amiga isnt dead yet!!!!) was Descent Freespace : The Last War , i think im going to buy CrossFire 2 soon too ...

Konrad 05 March 2003 21:23

Hmmm, that's a hard one. I bought a lot of games back then. Mostly collections. The last one was Breathless. The firsts game I remember which I've bought were in a collection - black box, containing 4 or 5 games (black labels with white letters): Blasteroids, L.E.D. Storm...can't remember the rest tough. Anyone remember this gamepack and has more info ?
Second (or even first?) was Double Dragon 2, my favourite arcade game and a well made conversion.

I'm almost sure that the first game my brother bought was Evil Garden. A wonderful game. Still have it boxed here along with some favourites :-).

Titler 05 March 2003 21:26

The first one I can actually remember buying is Knights Of The Sky... I was actually looking for an original copy of Wings, as my (ahem) slightly less legal version had become corrupted from too many late nights playing it. It wasn't on the shelves at the time, but KOTS was. I recall picking it up, and not being massively impressed with the screen shots on the back of the box... but what they hey, it's a WWI Bi-planes game. I am still glad I went with that impulse to this day; a fine game it is!

The last I can recall buying is Sword Of Aragon by SSI in 1999. I'd wanted to buy Ultima VI from the local second hand shop, but the game wouldn't install whatever I did. Instead of getting the total value in cash back, I instead plumped for buying the afore mentioned game instead. It looked terrible, and largely was I suppose; but I played it all the way through, and enjoyed it somewhat as my life at that time made it look compartively pleasant. Shortly after, that shop closed, taking with it the last access I had to Amiga software. But the games play on, thanks to emulation... :)

Belgarath 05 March 2003 23:07

first game i bought was actually 2 as they were a special deal from special reserve. Captain Blood and Shadowgate. Last game i bought was Denaris about a week or 2 ago

BippyM 05 March 2003 23:26

Hmmm I thought this was.. back in the day from a shop..

I have recently bought at least 40 games via ebay.. the last purchase I recieved came today and was Menace :)

wakeupbomb 05 March 2003 23:32

First Game - New Zealand Story
Last Game - erm...Worms DC I think....possibly