English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Humans (original version) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=12230)

hardtofin 18 December 2003 23:25

Humans (original version)

hi guys,

im looking for the "original" version of the humans. The one where you have discover the spear, rope, fire, wheel etc one by one. i downloaded a version from amiganostalgia but it isnt the correct version. You already have all the tools. i looked all over google and did a search on these forums for it, to no avail. I think it may be called humans ECS. By the way can anyone tell me what ECS is? i see it everywhere.

Anyway if anyone has a working version of the original humans, i would be forever grateful.

thanks hardtofin :)

Amiga1992 18 December 2003 23:42

I cannot be arsed to play the games available on the net, but if this is in TOSEC or something, you are in for it, because I already warned you through PM about this (a PM you didn't care to reply, btw).

hardtofin 19 December 2003 00:19

woah dude. calm down please man. I dont even know what TOSEC is. Maybe you could explain to me? is asking for adf's illegal? if so i will stop. i thought they were in the public domain. I see people requesting games all the time. pls bear with me man, im new here, i dont understand everything about amiga emulation.

fisken uno 19 December 2003 00:36

Tosec is a database of games, or naming convention for organizing games. The most common games are listed there, and even though Tosec is not holding the games in itself (because it's just a database) there are sites that do hold complete - though not always updated - Tosec sets. Planet Emu is one of them. Perhaps you can find your game there?

You're talking about Humans 1 and it's not difficult to find at all. Which is also why Akira is bitching with you. Before requesting games you should do some research for yourself. If you really, really can't find your game (which mostly means it is a rare game) then you are most welcome to request it.

ECS is a chipset of the Amiga (other chipsets are OCS and AGA).

Amiga1992 19 December 2003 03:00

Quote:

Originally posted by hardtofin
I dont even know what TOSEC is. Maybe you could explain to me?
Maybe you could try and read our rules and FAQs as I pointed out in my PM to you? EVERY new member should do this as their first thing before posting anything.
Quote:

is asking for adf's illegal? if so i will stop. i thought they were in the public domain.
It's not illegal, but they are NOT in the puiblic domain, that's a complete fallacy. The problem here is not that, but what Fisken points out.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Drake1009 19 December 2003 10:43

The game you'll want is Humans CD32. Hope you have a workbench and harddrive emulation setup because it's the only way you'll get to play it.

I don't know why the Disk version of the game didn't have the same levels as the humans 1 on the PC or CD32, but I'm guessing it's to save the animations and everything which is on the CD version.

At any rate. I believe that the Cd32 version is in TOSEC. Read the FAQ on how to find TOSEC disk images.