English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Looking for screenshots of Amiga computers in movies. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=23710)

Ironclaw 05 June 2006 19:39

Looking for screenshots of Amiga computers in movies.

I want to create a page with pictures of Amiga computers in movies/commercials etc...

Searched but couldn't find a thread about it, but I vaguely remember a thread about this once, maybe wasn't in this forum.

Here is a site with some info on movies and stuff which used Amigas for effects and stuff, the site also have some info on movies which had Amigas in them: http://web.telia.com/~u91022624/famoushtml/main.htm

Like:
"Brain Dead".
Amiga 1000 spotted in the trailer for the movie.

"Danger Island"
A 1084s monitor (with the brand covered by a sticker)
spotted.

"Darkman III"
An A3000 appears as the main villain's lab computer.
etc...
but it's all text. Does anyone have some of the movies and maybe could take some screenshots? :) . I will search for some movies and start to downloading.

I remember amiga computers being in the back of some MacGuyver episodes.. don't know which ones.

So find those pictures and post them !!!
:great :great :great

BippyM 05 June 2006 20:07

you mean this thread --> http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=8307

If you wanna go thru and make a note of all the films/tv progs with amiga's in I'll get pics or whatever from anything I have

Ironclaw 05 June 2006 20:15

Ok, will take a good look and make a list of all movies with possible Amigas in them and if details is included where in the movie the Amigas is, I'll add that too.

Tomorrow after work.

Ironclaw 05 June 2006 21:52

Brain Dead

1 Attachment(s)
Amiga 1000.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099173/

Ironclaw 10 June 2006 12:08

*Sigh* Here are a list of some movies to start with: (with comments left in for easier finding)

Quote:

Betrayed:
A rubbish film with Tom Berenger, called Betrayed has an Amiga in it.
No picture yet

Quote:

Red Dwarf:
1. red dwarf has a few in them! Holoship springs to mind.. when rimmer does the mind test thingy they are using what looks like amiga 2000's?
2. In the episode where Lister Deletes the Agatha Christie novels from hollys database hes doing it on an old C64!
3. in more or less all the Red Dwarf episodes I've seen, especially when they're in StarBug, the Amiga's are easy to spot. And whoever thought it was spotted in the Mindwarp-test of Rimmer's, was right, afait :D
No picture yet

Quote:

Neighbours:
1. I remeber one of the neighbours episodes, where they were trying to kill a virus but the screen showed a graphics ripper from an early hacker tools compilation disk
2. yeh neighbours had an a500 in it for ages! I think the same one was wheeled around the set for the scene's? the docters surgery springs to mind!
3. Watching Neighbours one dreary afternoon in 1989/90 after a late night coding session, only to see "Josh" attempting to kill Paul Robinson's virus using "Graphics Searcher" from a tools disk (you even got to see him selecting the program from a CLI menu in close up!)
Neighbours always credited Commdore Australia at the end of the program during this period.
No picture yet

Quote:

Rolf's Cartoon Club:
1. TV - Rolf's Cartoon Club (Rolf Harris)
2. Oh yeh rolf's cartoon club! they used summin called Take2? or maybe Hanna Barbera's Animation studio... i think thats was what it was called?
No picture yet

Quote:

The Kids CITV Show: (donno if that's the title)
I remember this kids CITV show used Amiga's.
No picture yet

Quote:

UkHorizons: (documentary on piracy)
i saw a documentry on Piracy (UkHorizons), a guy got busted, the police were removing hardware and CDs, and the camera shows an Amiga Monitor box for a few seconds
No picture yet

Quote:

The High Crusade: (amiga was credited)
The film 'The High Crusade' doesn't actually have an amiga in it but has a big credit for amiga in the end credits for special effects...
No picture yet

Quote:

babylon 5:
1. and of course the gfx used in babylon 5 and most disney films of the late 80's onwards...
2. Didn't Babylon 5 use amigas for graphics for the first few seasons too?
No picture yet

Quote:

Seaquest-DSV:
No picture yet

Quote:

Nick Arcade:
In the 90's, the US kids show "Nick Arcade" on Nickelodeon (back when it was a cool channel) not only used Amigas for the games and for visual effects, but was even sponsored by CBM who gave away A500 setups to contestants.
No picture yet

Quote:

Dark Justice:
Dark Justice, an old American TV series featured an Amiga 2000 in one of the episodes to display the files from criminals with digitized pictures.
No picture yet

Quote:

Star Trek Deep Space Nine:
Star Trek Deep Space Nine had many early episodes made with Amigas.
No picture yet

Quote:

Star Trek: The Next Generation:
Weren't Amigas used for the display panels in Star Trek: The Next Generation too?
No picture yet

Quote:

Get Fresh!:
Didn't the teams on "Get Fresh!" play Xenon on an A500?
No picture yet

Quote:

Motormouth:
I also remember Motormouth (Saturday morning kids show) featuring how to make music using an A2000 and midi keyboard.
No picture yet

Quote:

Stepfather III:
In the film Stepfather III, a nice and creepy little thriller, the boy (Andy) has an A500. It made me cringe watching the title character unhooking the peripherals while it was still running. Nice little B-thriller with the good sense to use Amigas for props! I think it's only available for US/NTSC, though.
No picture yet

Quote:

ALF:
1. I think ALF feautures has also some A500.
2. I think in the episode where ALF made the music video for Lynn had an Amiga (or was it a C64?).
No picture yet

Quote:

Gamesworld:
Gamesworld on Sky One used Heimdall (sp?) - the bit with the viking girl strapped to a spinning disc and you have to throw axes at her to cut the braids of hair without killing the poor girl in the process.
No picture yet

Quote:

Inspector Morse:
In an episode of Inspector Morse there was a scene where a computer was infected with a virus. It showed an Amiga 500 which ran a multimedia application with some silly animation...
No picture yet

Quote:

48 Hours or Another 48 Hours)
Correct me if Im wrong as it's a long time since Ive seen this movie, but once when I saw a movie with Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte (48 Hours? or Another 48 Hours?), Nolte is looking up something on a computer screen at the police station and I seem to remember thinking it was an A500
No picture yet

Quote:

BBC soap East Enders
BBC soap East Enders had an A500 sitting in the background in one of the characters flats for a while in the late 80's. He was an artist or graphic designer as I recall, but I'm not sure if you ever saw the machine doing anything.
No picture yet

Quote:

The Gods Must Be Crazy: (I or II)
The Gods Must Be Crazy (not sure if it was I or II) shows an Amiga (an A1000 or 2000 from memory).
No picture yet

Quote:

Dr Who:
Amigas were also used in Doctor Who. (for effects or were amigas shown?)
No picture yet

Quote:

Canon:
Canon (Australia) also used the Amiga in a series of adverts for some of their printers (I think it was an A1200 from memory.)
No picture yet

Quote:

Gamemasters:
I remember Gamesmaster and a granada games show also showing off amiga, forgot what it was called now.
No picture yet

Ironclaw 10 June 2006 12:10

Some more:

Quote:

Game Set and Match:
(BBC spy drama): A2000 spotted - used in the MI5 records vault. Superbase Professional was spotted running on the machine.
No picture yet

Quote:

Association of Certified Accountants:
(advert) : A1000 spotted - unqualified accountant switched it off.
No picture yet

Quote:

Christian Television Association:
(advert) : A2000 spotted. Ad also featured animation created on the Amiga
No picture yet

Quote:

Betrayal:
(Movie) : A1000 spotted - used to access white supremist BBS.
No picture yet

Quote:

The Henderson Kids:
(TV series) : A1000 often used by one of the characters.
No picture yet

Quote:

Days of Our Lives:
(TV series) : C64/1541 disk drive spotted in airport terminal office.
No picture yet

Quote:

Deep Star Six:
(movie) : 1084 monitor spotted.
No picture yet

Quote:

Blindside:
(video) : A1000 spotted
No picture yet

Quote:

Alien Syndrome:
during this movie I saw what would have been an A500 on a desk in one of the lab rooms, and one embedded in the console of a particle accelerator, the KS 1.x Workbench screen with familiar blue background is also within view.
No picture yet

Quote:

Miami Vice:
1. One episode in Miami Vice with a nutty ex-cop in it used Lorraine. Wasn't it the earlier Amiga-prototype or what?
2. Are you sure it was lorraine? Lorraine certainly does not look like a computer
3. It was called Lorraine in that episode. A pre-Amiga methinks. Doesn't look like a computer? Have a look here moran ;): http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ck.../lorraine.html
4. I remember in Miami Vice (season 1 or 2) that the bad guys stole police data from a computer at night, and there was Tubbs & Crockett watching an A1000 displaying just an empty standard blue CLI window, while the cops were telling that some 3,5" floppies from the box next to it were missing. 100% sure I saw this!
No picture yet

Quote:

No Retreat, No Surrender 3: Blood Brothers:
had Amiga 2000 in it...Can be seen in the opening when the father looks at the picture of the villain.
No picture yet

Quote:

Hotshots:
In the late 80's a 6 part series called Hotshots was made in New Zealand. A group of teenage kids foiled the baddies by using radio controlled cars (Avante, Clod Buster etc) and helicopters fitted with cameras, and the baddies were using an Amiga 500 to counterfeit bank notes!

An American woman was kidnapped in the first episode because she was supposedly some expert, and she got the $20 note scanned in. An Amiga was present many times during the program. The end credits each episode also showed an Amiga with monitor in the background and they thanked CBM in the scroller.
No picture yet

Quote:

Sledge Hammer:
In the season one final episode of "Sledge Hammer" (US TV comedy series in 1986/87, similar to "Police Squad") detective Dori Doreau uses an A1000 as a sketch artist to display and print out a picture of a girl in a bikini. (I've got it on DVD)
No picture yet

Quote:

The Matrix:
I'm fairly certain that there's an A500 featured in The Matrix, when they free Neo from the Matrix after his meeting with Morpheus and it zooms in on Tank and the computer monitors, but I can't tell for sure.
No picture yet

Quote:

The Last Seduction 2:
an A1000 is used to run the phone sex business operated by Troy Fenton. Bridget, the movie's main character, breaks into it to syphon off funds for her own use, the Amiga is clearly visible several times during the movie.
No picture yet

Ironclaw 10 June 2006 12:13

Ok, don't ought to look for more at the moment, but more movies can be found on this site: Link. Go over there and see if there are movies you maybe have in your possession and if so, take screenshot(s).

I have all the Red Dwarf episodes on DVD, but they are all lent out, so can't take any screenshots. Maybe some of you can?.

The picture from Candyman was sent to me and I personally think it looks like a PC dos program.

... For better detailing, please add a comment to your picture if possible, like who's in it.... it would make the final page more complete with a description. The guy in Brain Dead I think is that Pullman dude from Space balls... donno.... so didn't write anything.

... Did Jurassic Park have an amiga in it or was it just used for visual effects?

... When this thread is filled with pictures, I will put them all nicely into one page.

Shoonay 10 June 2006 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironclaw
ALF:
1. I think ALF feautures has also some A500.
2. I think in the episode where ALF made the music video for Lynn had an Amiga (or was it a C64?).

Did a little search on YouTube
[02:06] - [02:16]: Could be :/

Ironclaw 10 June 2006 12:39

This one?:
http://recordedamigagames.ath.cx//re...Amiga/Alf1.jpg

Doesn't look like an Amiga to me. And the program running looks PC/DOS-ish.

Ironclaw 10 June 2006 16:16

Where is this picture taken from?, anyone who know?

http://recordedamigagames.ath.cx//re...miga/amiga.jpg

T_hairy_bootson 10 June 2006 16:32

Robocop 2?

fryguy 10 June 2006 17:12

1 Attachment(s)
From the movie Insomnia (the norweigan version)

Anyone who knows what program she's running btw?

dreamkatcha 10 June 2006 22:39

Quote:

Gamemasters:
I remember Gamesmaster and a granada games show also showing off amiga, forgot what it was called now.

You're probably thinking of Bad Influence. There must have been plenty in that since it began airing during the height of the Amiga's popularity and was a UK show.

rbelk 11 June 2006 00:29

Ironclaw, I think your picture is from the movie "Get Smart".

Chain 11 June 2006 10:34

there was one czech erotic :shocked movie with A500 in one or two shots (used as databasa of clients :) )
will try to find it

rbelk 11 June 2006 22:05

Ironclaw, I was part right. It's from the movie "Get Smart Again".

cooldude 12 June 2006 03:43

Saw a documentary recently on cable about the QE2. They were plainly
using A4000s + Scala. Late 90's though. Sorry bit off topic :D

Dizzy 12 June 2006 23:40

Quote:

This one?:
http://recordedamigagames.ath.cx//re...Amiga/Alf1.jpg

Doesn't look like an Amiga to me. And the program running looks PC/DOS-ish.

That's an old IBM PC. I got one at home, lovely piece of machine ;) :lol

I remember watching a pr0n (10 years ago) it started with some "virtual sexprogram" on a C64 sending the "actors" into this cyberspace where the movie took place :nuts :nuts :laughing

Dizzy 13 June 2006 00:29

Just did a search on IMDB

Result in Trivia:

Max Headroom (1987)

The futuristic graphics used on the show were created by a top-of-the-line computer of 1987, a Commodore Amiga

Jurassic Park (1993)

The animation was first plotted on an Amiga Toaster, and rendered for the film by Silicon Graphics' Indigo workstations

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)

The computer that Scotty uses to show transparent aluminum was originally going to be an Amiga, but Commodore would only provide a computer if they bought it. Apple was willing to loan them the Mac.

Result in Keyword:

Crystal Ball (1989)

Jing hun ji (1989)
...aka Betrayal (1989)
...aka Deception (1989)
...aka Web of Deception (1989)

Sidekicks (1992)

Stepfather III (1992) (TV)

Wayne's World (1992)

Dizzy 13 June 2006 00:38

more infos from this site http://www.obh.snafu.de/~solon/TELEVISION.html