English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.CD32 Conversion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   T-zer0 CD32 TF328 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=92202)

thairacerjp 09 May 2018 18:23

T-zer0 CD32 TF328

Hi, i had a nice surprise seeing this nice game working on a CD32 (but with help of extra ram), all options on and no slowdown at all :spin cause everywhere the configuration for play ask for a 68030 minimum, anyway, I had like many of us problem with memory, I switched my workbench from 256 to 16 colors and it's fine ! but I have I strange bug, after I played (arcade mode) for 3 minutes, the sound goes wrong ans screen goes black, or in history mode, the game didn't crashed but after 1 or 2 minutes the sfx of the gun swich off :nuts , but the game still running......
i have put the patch for fix the CD track but no track lol !
did someone else have theses bugs ?
And before I have burn the Cd but the CD32 doesn't recognize in workbench,
so i have transfert all the files from CD to COMPAQ FLASH and installed, all
was fine... till this bug.
thanks.
small vidéo for see how it run on CD32, so cool :great
https://youtu.be/cgHrY2adZlk

https://thumb.ibb.co/fAxtTn/IMG_4557.jpg

Classic workbench 3.1

Amiga1992 09 May 2018 18:42

Wow! I didn't expect that to run on CD32 at all either!
Hope you can figure this problem out, I'm looking forward to finally be able to play this.

thairacerjp 09 May 2018 19:36

Hi Akira, yes ! it's great to see that CD32 can hold this game, graphics are the best I saw in a shmup on Amiga I wonder if "Myst" could be working with extra ram ? i wait same you about the nice shoot Reshoot-R to come to Amiga, it looks promising.
i will tell you if I found the sound problem and you to ! :great

Amigajay 09 May 2018 20:12

Good work! I didn't bother to even try this game as the specs say min 030, will have to try to a bootable version working.

I'm having no luck with Myst, works on 020 with fastram off workbench, but having trouble loading from a startup, probably could be done with someone with more skills than myself.

thairacerjp 09 May 2018 21:01

Hi Amigajay, i have burn the CD but it's a Amiga game only, it won't boot on CD32 sadly,
i have tried first and the CD32 thinking it's a CD audio but cannot read and reboot endlessy.... , so i have copy the entire cd to my compac-flash and installed and it works, but i wonder how to get the cd track working ?
i will try Myst tomorrow, all theses games are from "clickboom" editor, Napalm to, i will check this one to !

Amigajay 09 May 2018 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by thairacerjp (Post 1239823)
Hi Amigajay, i have burn the CD but it's a Amiga game only, it won't boot on CD32 sadly,
i have tried first and the CD32 thinking it's a CD audio but cannot read and reboot endlessy.... , so i have copy the entire cd to my compac-flash and installed and it works, but i wonder how to get the cd track working ?
i will try Myst tomorrow, all theses games are from "clickboom" editor, Napalm to, i will check this one to !

Yes i know it wont boot, i will add a startup sequence and make a new iso.

Myst wont boot, but should work launching from workbench on your setup and playing from disc.

DamienD 09 May 2018 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by thairacerjp (Post 1239823)

I know this is a completely different kettle of fish but...

When I created the .HDF for use in WinUAE (with the CD-ROM mounted) I had to edit the file T0.Prefs with:

https://imageupload.co.uk/images/201...Opusv4_001.png

In regards to a real CD32, not sure what device needs loading but maybe "cd.device" and unit of "1"?

thairacerjp 09 May 2018 21:53

interesting... , DamienD, when i finished to install this game on workbench, the install ask me to create a ram disk "T:" with inside the file "Command-00-T01" , i don't know why ?
but if Amigajay can make boot on cd32 it could solve the cd track problem ? and maybe the crashed ? this game is well known for crash .

EDIT :

i have this after install on classic workbench :
https://thumb.ibb.co/jtBLQd/IMG_4560.jpg

DamienD 09 May 2018 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by thairacerjp (Post 1239835)
interesting... , DamienD, when i finished to install this game on workbench, the install ask me to create a ram disk "T:" with inside the file "Command-00-T01" , i don't know why ?

I think that usually happens when a file is executed. It writes a log to RAM:T...

If you open the file "Command-00-T01" in a text editor you'll see what was executed.

thairacerjp 09 May 2018 22:24

a addedum from the manual about cd not recognize !
this problem happends to me cause even in workbench, the cd doesn't appear !

https://image.ibb.co/jGkddy/tzero_cd.jpg

Amigajay 09 May 2018 23:38

No luck running from cd so far, got it booting and the intro plays and menu loads, but doesn't load after that, but changing to an 060 on Winuae and the game loads from cd...

Cobe 10 May 2018 00:41

Some time ago I installed Myst on CF on TF328 and it works. It could be faster but its playable.
I also installed Foundation, works but not playable. I also couldn't get it to play audio off cd. Selected cd.device but nothing...

thairacerjp 10 May 2018 12:49

@Amigajay : such strange that he can boot only with 060 , they no want we played on CD32 SHAME :evilgrin , i have good news, morning i have check and see that i haven't put the T-ZeroV1.01 patch in the right folder and after i have tried again T-ZERO and it didn't crashed at all :great , i passed to the second level in story mode and arcade mode, or may be a coïncidence cause morning i tried Napalm game and he ask me to install rtgmaster library... but Napalm started but after a while he said "not enough memory" , and when i tried the boot option icon, he said the file is not executable ! (i had the same problem with "star fighter : d'yammen's reign" , the author made a patche and after it was working.)
but still remain the CD audio problem.... pnpatapi may be ?

@Cobe : thanks for information about myst

https://youtu.be/G7jSKUSzLPU

thairacerjp 14 May 2018 23:27

So so, I have stopped my search for play CD track with this game, I must admit that it's a Amiga CD game and not a CD32 game, all the test I done are faulty cause it's not a atapi device (or I wrong !), only CD.device would be possible and it not see the audio track, but Amigajay you said before that AEROK was working on a project to control CD player with pad or keyboard in workbench ? cause it could be cool to start cd music during game :) , I have tried to play iff music files or wav with hippo player but T-zero hangs and said not enough memory ! and when I test with "CD TOP" for play track, when I launch the game, it start, but after start menu, the screen stay black........
on a French board, "rochobian" have tried with sx32 extension but same problem.

Quote:

Hi, I have a little problem with my CD32 + SX32Mk2 for CD games with audio tracks Indeed, I can not read them when I play
More particularly with T-Zero, I explain (I'm in OS3.9):
CD32's CD0 device basically uses Commodore's CDFilesystem which is a bit rotten since it does not detect CDDAs inserted at all ..
That's why I used in my startup the utility KillCD0 to destroy the CD0 and I then go back another CD1 CD player: and I can then change CDFS
I tried CacheCDFS, AmiCDFS, AsimCDFS but it does not work ...... ..
Normally, we should have on the WB when inserting a CD with audio track an icon for the CD and an icon for CDDA (as Winuae does), but it does not work ....
Would anyone have an idea or would he have already run T-Zero with audio tracks ???
The console of the game tells me; "CDROM Available - No CD Soundtrack" when I start the game ... ..
Help me ...... it's a shame to play without T-Zero's audio tracks, they are terrible ......
Thank you
may be one day.....

lbg83430 15 May 2018 02:33

The easiest way to play this game on PC is to use the EXE done by The Company. Works flawlessy with a single double click. These considerations apart, the game is really boring and disappointing.

Amiga1992 15 May 2018 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by thairacerjp (Post 1241138)
all the test I done are faulty cause it's not a atapi device (or I wrong !), only CD.device

If that really is the only problem, then I am guessing here that it could be kind of easily patched by one of our skilled coders.

Maybe Ross wants to take a look at this?

thairacerjp 15 May 2018 19:48

Thanks ! Pleaaase help ! I like this game, boring or not, it’s
À Nice chalenge for all cd32 fans .

SKOLMAN_MWS 18 May 2018 17:37

Connect an external optical drive to IDE and use audio mixer ;)

wairnair 06 June 2018 17:54

Tried this with a TF328 on a CD32. It can be started from workbench (on a CF card). I had various glitches and crashes though despite having over 2,000,000 bytes of chip ram available (2 color WB). I suspect that the problem is caused by something else than chip ram as the same installation ran just fine on my A1200 with a 030 with a little less chip ram available.

In the manual they mention usage of data/instruction caches which I believe are 030+ only. Maybe that? Maybe having just a little over 6MB of fast RAM available in ClassicWB? (Requirement is "8MB", does that include chip mem?..)

I actually think it's quite a good game, I'd gladly have a go with it.

As for CD audio - I couldn't get it running on the real CD32. Tried 1.00 and 1.01 versions, the latter is supposed to make CDA work, but it didn't (tried both cd.device and scsi.device).
It does work under WinUAE though. Not that it matters much until the game itself crashes.

DamienD 06 June 2018 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by wairnair (Post 1246977)
It does work under WinUAE though. Not that it matters much until the game itself crashes.

I used 1.00 with the .HDF (plus mounted CD-ROM) in WinUAE due to StingRay's trainer being based on this version... see this thread: [AmigaCD] T-zer0 - .HDF & .LHA (for real Amiga users)

Never had it crash and played through all of Stage 1 and part of Stage 2 when testing.