English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Installing IDEFix97 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=24067)

blade002 25 June 2006 12:43

Installing IDEFix97

I dont have a controller and im trying to run my CD drive from an old modified IDE cable i used to use years ago on my A1200. I used to use IDEfix back then to run the CD drive via this method and after downloading it again today ive found that it contains no documentation to explain how to install it again?

Can someone please help me by telling where it should go on the HD and what should go in the startup sequence.?

Im currently running WB 3.0

keropi 25 June 2006 12:48

idefix has an install script.... why not run that?

blade002 25 June 2006 13:09

The version i have didnt have one. I'll grab another one.

Cheers :)

whiteb 25 June 2006 14:07

1 Attachment(s)
I uploaded the entire IDEFIX97 archive to you in IRC, You cannot be extracting EVERYTHING from the archive.

I have attached the archive I uploaded to you, for ALL to see, it DOES contain, Icons (which in IRC you said it didnt have), as well as complete documentation.

blade002 25 June 2006 14:10

Yeah i know, i at first extracted it through Windows rather than LHA in workbench and copied the extracted files to a 720k disk, because at the time i had forgotten how to extract in workbench, hence being the reason why i asked you how to do that later.

Its now seen all the files and i have installed it!. Cheers whiteb, and sorry for the frustration. :)

whiteb 25 June 2006 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade002
Yeah i know, i at first extracted it through Windows rather than LHA in workbench and copied the extracted files to a 720k disk, because at the time i had forgotten how to extract in workbench, hence being the reason why i asked you how to do that later.

Windows will strip EVERYTHING that is uniqely amiga about files, thats why you did not have Icons, ICON files ger renamed to .ICO and is not valid.

This is where "View file as Name" and "View ALL files" would have shown what damage Windows did to the files.

blade002 25 June 2006 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteb
Windows will strip EVERYTHING that is uniqely amiga about files, thats why you did not have Icons, ICON files ger renamed to .ICO and is not valid.

This is where "View file as Name" and "View ALL files" would have shown what damage Windows did to the files.

Yeah its something i never knew till now.. as it stands right now, im going back to my 3.0 roms. Im sick to death of going through all this crap because of my blizzard card not liking 3.1 roms, and ive spent too much time with blizkick trying to figure it all out. I formatted the HD again and repartitioned it too because the HD wasnt booting from the first intial kick without loading it from disk first, and its still the same.. i tried making the partitions smaller to see if that was the cause, but nope.. same crap.