English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   AMR suggestions and feedback (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Make coverdisks downloadable somehow? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=28522)

MethodGit 13 March 2007 22:43

Make coverdisks downloadable somehow?

I know this may sound like a long shot, but I'm impressed by the amount of coverdisks that got scanned in, including disks I never knew existed (thanks mainly to neither the TOSEC team, Nth Dimension or Amiga Coverdisks having them in their collection!).

Now the thing is, is there any way some of these rare coverdisks could be made available in some actual useable format in the future? I suspect people still have them if they could scan them in the first place! I could help with webspace if required, although I don't know how heavy the potential traffic for this would be..... and would SPS images be acceptable where needed?

Lemme know what you think!

Codetapper 14 March 2007 01:36

If someone provides 1-2 gigs of diskspace we can put what we have online no problem. It is unfair to expect RCK and his server to host all these files however!

MethodGit 14 March 2007 03:39

Oh, I have more than 1-2gb spare handy. ;) Just bare in mind that I use a renegadedebaser.com domain hosted on Canaca, and that - again - I don't know how much heavy bandwidth traffic coverdisks would cause! Not that my site sees much activity though haha - I mainly use it for handy file storage and nothing more. I don't even have a proper index.html!

UPDATE: Oh yeah, if you still have the early Amiga/ST dual-format The One disks, this guy and/or this guy could benefit from them probably!

MethodGit 14 March 2007 13:01

BTW, is a certain type of fast server required or anything? It's just Canaca recently upgraded their Bronze plan (the cheapest one available, and really cheap it is too!) to support 500gb webspace and 2000gb bandwidth, and I'm just wondering whether that'll be even enough for this project, haha!

killergorilla 14 March 2007 13:04

Zetr0?

MethodGit 14 March 2007 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by killergorilla
Zetr0?

?????

killergorilla 14 March 2007 13:08

He has unlimited space and bandwidth and offered to host my whdload packs, maybe he could extend the invite to coverdisk downloads?

MethodGit 14 March 2007 13:10

Really? Sounds pretty good I must admit.

BippyM 14 March 2007 13:45

I suggested Zetro to CT.. He said he was going to pm him.. Zetr0 would you be so kind as to host these matey?

Zetr0 14 March 2007 21:05

whooopsie

sorry guys been burried an a couple of books for UNI...

I would be honoured to host the Cover Disks. :D

Codetapper 14 March 2007 21:17

That's great! Is there going to be any problem with direct linking to them or do you have PHP or something that I can just feed the filename to your site and it can provide the download?

If you could PM me any details please that would be great, we have probably 1-2 gigs worth of disks ready to go at the moment...

(And sorry for not PM'ing you in the first place, I got distracted!)

Zetr0 15 March 2007 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codetapper
........(And sorry for not PM'ing you in the first place, I got distracted!)

well thats prolly the pron left over from KG's last visit ;D.

PM'd all details that you need, and you can use the space as you see fit for the cover disk project.

imma hoping that we can do cover cdroms too :D (in time of course)

redblade 15 March 2007 05:10

Mmmmm Coverdisks, Awesome :)

killergorilla 15 March 2007 11:00

The mighty Zetr0 and his store of wonder!

Marcuz 15 March 2007 11:05

cool news! thanks to Methodgit and Zetr0 for the offers :)

Zetr0 15 March 2007 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by killergorilla
The mighty Zetr0 and his store of wonder!

I feel like sport billy and his amzing gym bag.... i can pull outa sped boat... a helicopter.... even a masion... coool!

BippyM 15 March 2007 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetr0
I feel like sport billy and his amzing gym bag.... i can pull outa sped boat... a helicopter.... even a masion... coool!

masion????

Zetr0 15 March 2007 13:37

well thier not free ones bipstah' :D

i ment mansion... looks like some one stolen my other 'n' .... i tell ya... they will nick anything round 'ere

:D

Ultron 15 March 2007 16:32

Godamn f'n Sport Billy. What the hell was that cartoon. Christ wept. Oh, and thanks for reminding me of something detestable that had left my mind for years. I swear to god i came here because it was the last place i'd be remembered of shit like Sport Billy. So, i find it, on a Coverdisk thread. Jesus Christ on a stick, really.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tbillylogo.jpg

Ultron 15 March 2007 16:33

Anyway, thanks for the availability of Coverdisks. It's a great idea.

:)