English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Hi fellow retro lovers, more so the Amiga! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=42059)

R33f 17 January 2009 11:49

Hi fellow retro lovers, more so the Amiga!

Hello everyone, my name is Mo, I'm from Birmingham UK. I love the Commodore Computer series, especially the Amiga and 64, almost all my childhood major gaming memories lie with it. Now for some strange reason I'm drawn back to it!? must be 80's kid thing!

Anyway I love almost all RETRO 80's 90's consoles / computers, I own (in no particular order):

Atari 2600 woody 4 switch
Atari 2600 Jr
Amstrad CPC (? never really used this one much)
Commodore Amiga 600 Rev 1.3
Commodore Amiga 600 Rev 1.5
Commodore Amiga 600 Rev 1.5
Commodore 64 Bread Bin 1983 Rev 2
Commodore 64 Bread Bin 1983 Rev 3
Commodore 64 Bread Bin 1984 Rev 2
Sega Master System 1
Sega Megadrive 1
Super Nintendo
Sony Playstation SCPH-1002 !
Sony PS One
Sony Playstation 2 Silver

+ some other gems here and there, Ton load of games, accessories and odd bits for the above

Am always collecting 80's 90's console and computer stuff, I have like 3 40 liter air tight containers full of them to preserve these golden goodies (IMO)

I'm here because the Amiga is alongside my Commodore 64, one of my all time favorite machines, damn it was and still is so much fun, now that i'm older, I can't believe how much people still love this machine, like me!

Every time I Google something for the Commodore Amiga, this site pops up, so it was a natural for me to join, be aware though! I may have annoying or newbie questions about the Amiga and its workings!

OK this is becoming a bit of a essay!, lets get the ball rolling....

Mo

prowler 17 January 2009 12:00

Hi Mo, and welcome to EAB. :great

It's great to have another enthusiast on board! As you rightly suspect, there will always be plenty going on here to satisfy your Amiga curiosity, and some of the other platforms you have mentioned are often covered here as well in the Retro Gaming discussion forum.

I hope you end up loving it here and stick around for a long time!

Greetings,

prowler

TCD 17 January 2009 12:16

Hi Mo,

welcome! :)
Like prowler said, whatever interest in the Amiga you may have (games, apps, emulation, hardware etc) you'll surely find some exciting things going on here :D Just stick around and you'll see :agree

@Graham
There should really be a sticky 'Introduce yourself' thread here ;)

Graham Humphrey 17 January 2009 12:21

I'm going to PM RCK for a 'Member Introductions' subforum.

@R33f

Welcome, enjoy your stay in the madhouse ;)

TCD 17 January 2009 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 500147)
I'm going to PM RCK for a 'Member Introductions' subforum.

Thanks Graham :)

pubzombie 17 January 2009 13:08

Yay hi R33F,
I see you like your commodre machines me too, and I am just down the road from you in that dark place they call Dudley. I have just had a http://www.cancarpet.com/saymantek/C...UserManual.pdf

arrive to play C64 on original hardware -
laters
dude
Pz

DH 17 January 2009 15:20

Cool to have you aboard R33F, Hope you have a nice stay :great

We are all Amiga nutters on here (including the mods :blased) So don't hesitate to ask anything you want 'cause I'm sure your questions will be answered quickly ;)

TCD 17 January 2009 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser (Post 500174)
So don't hesitate to ask anything you want 'cause I'm sure your questions will be answered quickly ;)

Don't abuse the wink DH ;) They will be answered quickly :agree :D

DH 17 January 2009 15:30

Oooops! Was supposed to be a :) Must of misjudged my pointing device 'cause of the morning blurry eyes from the previous nights beer consumption :D

R33f 18 January 2009 16:59

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome! :bowdown

Yes I was thinking the same, why hasn't this informational active forum have a "new member introductions" sub forum, it's only natural!

There is so much to learn about the Amiga :shocked I'm amazed, I was always right in one thing though, I always use to say that the Amiga in it's time was way ahead of it's times! such a little beast.

DH 18 January 2009 17:40

Some would actually say, the Amiga was 10 years ahead of anything else that was around :)

cosmicfrog 18 January 2009 17:47

and still is :great